Celebrity Error - Build a "Class System" into Your Ships

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m considering it.  Please tell me the champagne is Gruet?!  I just requested a quote for Japan but the itinerary is pretty limited.

Is Japan your only choice?  Will you stop cruising after Japen is completed?  Just joking.

3 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Is Japan your only choice?  Will you stop cruising after Japen is completed?  Just joking.

I’ve always wanted to go to Japan.  I’m half Japanese because my father lived there and he almost married a Japanese woman.  🥸

22 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Is it 1 cruise or back-to-back?  Did you get $1,500 pp discount? 

Technically b2b, but they wrap it into one booking so the OBC, sea pass card, etc. are for the entire cruise. No need to end one cruise and restart next cruise. To me, this saves a good part of a day of nonsense. I received many discounts. VS on one leg = 5%. 10% for 500+ days on SS. 5% for booking on board and $1,585 pp combo discount. All stackable so $3,170 combo and $4,000 each leg ($8,000) cruise savings with current promotion. Then an additional 19% off that number.Some OBC too and 7% back from TA. 

Edited by billc23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billc23 said:

Technically b2b, but they wrap it into one booking so the OBC, sea pass card, etc. are for the entire cruise. No need to end one cruise and restart next cruise. To me, this saves a good part of a day of nonsense. I received many discounts. VS on one leg = 5%. 10% for 500+ days on SS. 5% for booking on board and $1,585 pp combo discount. All stackable so $3,170 combo and $4,000 each leg ($8,000) cruise savings with current promotion. Then an additional 19% off hat number. tSome OBC too and 7% back from TA. 

Oh, you are on-board now?

What is "off hat number"?  In my case B2B was more expensive than 2 separate bookings (combo discount was much less than promotion discount for each booking - they said by doing combo the promotion for the second leg is no applicable).

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m considering it.  Please tell me the champagne is Gruet?!  I just requested a quote for Japan but the itinerary is pretty limited.

Pommery, MonoPol, and Duval-Leroy are the standard pouring Champagnes. Upgraded wines and Champagne have an additional charge, but ofter less than retail in the US. 

3 minutes ago, billc23 said:

Pommery, MonoPol, and Duval-Leroy are the standard pouring Champagnes. Upgraded wines and Champagne have an additional charge, but ofter less than retail in the US. 

No Veuve or Dom then?

4 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Oh, you are on-board now?

What is "off hat number"?  In my case B2B was more expensive than 2 separate bookings (combo discount was much less than promotion discount for each booking - they said by doing combo the promotion for the second leg is no applicable).

Not on board Silversea until January 27th. Celebrity Apex is next then a few weeks MSC prior to my next Silversea. Off that number... Thanks, I corrected the post.

I book a few Silversea sailings when onboard as far in the future as possible (2 to 3 years) at the lowest price I can find. Then I use that booking number to change to the sailing I desire. It is a simple way to save an extra 5%...

4 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

I'm not sure this is entirely correct.  That roped off area was for Retreat guests.  Not sure if it also included Premium Access guests.  This was our first (and only time I think due to price) we were able to try Retreat and we had to show our card.  Other cruise lines do this too...we were in Haven on NCL and they had a similar reserved section for Haven guests.  The spaces did open up I believe once the show started.  Right or wrong, that's what the cruise lines are doing to give perks due to the higher costs of those cabins.  There were plenty of good seats to choose otherwise.  Get there early as those production shows get packed!

On our cruise the roped off area for retreat was only on evening chic nights. The premium access pass is roped off every night for those who have the pass. 

• Like 1

I asked this question earlier in the thread; I don't seem to have found a response. Might have just missed it?

Has anyone noticed where the new roped off theatre "Premier seating" area was located on M class? Specifically, the Constellation. 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Gruet is not a champagne...

I suppose that some do not know that and some cannot tell the difference! If one only knows Gruet then one could argue why pay 3 times the price for Veuve Clicquot.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, billc23 said:

I suppose that some do not know that and some cannot tell the difference! If one only knows Gruet then one could argue why pay 3 times the price for Veuve Clicquot.  

And some people know exactly what Gruet is…. I also know what Dom is because we ran out of Kirkland Prosecco at the last trailer park BBQ.

This one comes from California.  Someone better tell them it’s not Champagne.

IMG_4462.png

On 10/15/2024 at 3:45 AM, hcat said:

Oasis for us was a "one and could not wait  til it was  done!"

On ASCENT last January  we were berthed across from a huge  MSC ship on St Kitts...Wow it was so big!

Many large family groups were present along the pier,  compared to the usual X folks.  We could never be happy on such a large vessel with that demographic, even if confined to suite area only.

We like AQ Class on X..suits our needs,  esp BLU and Thermal Suite and a few other perks.

Next we are trying Concierge Class on Silhouette.  short pre Xmas Dec cruise.( booked mostly Specialty Dining)

Then a Sunset Veranda on APEX..4 mdrs, followed by pist refurb  Eclipse..AQ Class.  Tried Retreat on BEYIND but disliked  Luminae.

Good to have category choices with diff perks/ dining options . It  avoids the feeling of "same old same old"

One size fits all not the best plan!

For myself, I thought that E class was a circus, while on my next E class cruise my plan is to spend most of the time on the SV.

For my next MSC cruise, most of the time in the YC.

You make the most of out of your cruise that you can.

Choices are good.  But knowing how to navigate around them is better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, billc23 said:

🤣🤣  Unfortunately I am familiar with Gruet.  It is not bad for a budget sparkling wine.  Veuve Clicquot is a step above...

Grapes from the desert?  Really???  😁😁😁

New Mexico is the new NAPA? 😂😆

Edited by NMTraveller

5 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

For myself, I thought that E class was a circus, while on my next E class cruise my plan is to spend most of the time on the SV.

For my next MSC cruise, most of the time in the YC.

You make the most of out of your cruise that you can.

Choices are good.  But knowing how to navigate around them is better.

We liked SV balcony on EDGE but had noisy neighbors..frat boy party central    . It was too sunny at times.  But sunrise and sunsets were great as well as the night sky! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2024 at 11:04 PM, retiredtraveler70 said:

.....Is this the beginning of a slippery slope? Will there be more ropes and seat blocking for these highly valued customers? Perhaps in Oceanview Buffet for the next round of changes? I thought that ALL guests on Celebrity were valued, in the same way and for the same reasons. We are loyal -- we are consistent providers of revenue to the corporation. When a company starts thinking that it is so unique it can separate people into groups like this . . . that's when they lose their core.

All guests are 'valued', whatever you think that actually means! So, you can book an inside guarantee....they give you the lowest available deck full forward or aft....you paid less, so that's fine. You do similar for oceanview balcony, or suites for that matter....they allocate you a stateroom below the theatre or pool, next to a crew corridor moving ice trolleys during the night, or a connecting cabin with noisy neighbours etc. etc.....that's also fine you paid less!

But then you say, some have a verandah so I am less valued because I don't get one because I booked and inside or oceanview. It's not fair they have an outdoor space at cabin, and I do not.....

Your argument holds no water for me, everything from booking to onboard experience has a price. Get over it, and start thinking logically!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hamrag said:

All guests are 'valued', whatever you think that actually means! So, you can book an inside guarantee....they give you the lowest available deck full forward or aft....you paid less, so that's fine. You do similar for oceanview balcony, or suites for that matter....they allocate you a stateroom below the theatre or pool, next to a crew corridor moving ice trolleys during the night, or a connecting cabin with noisy neighbours etc. etc.....that's also fine you paid less!

But then you say, some have a verandah so I am less valued because I don't get one because I booked and inside or oceanview. It's not fair they have an outdoor space at cabin, and I do not.....

Your argument holds no water for me, everything from booking to onboard experience has a price. Get over it, and start thinking logically!

That's not the same, the poster's claim was that parts of public spaces get taken away.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Caipi said:

That's not the same, the poster's claim was that parts of public spaces get taken away.

But they are not public spaces.  They belong to the cruise line to do with as they wish.  Someone please get OP a dictionary.  And they weren’t taken away!  The ship was redesigned.  Why not focus on the Park West parties were space really is taken away?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

But they are not public spaces.  They belong to the cruise line to do with as they wish.  Someone please get OP a dictionary......

Precisely.

4 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Precisely.

I think the OP had the biggest problem with some theater seats which he could use earlier and cannot use anymore. That's something which was literally taken away from guests.

(I personally do not care at all; I'm not interested in theater shows and I bought Premium Access anyway.) . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Caipi said:

I think the OP had the biggest problem with some theater seats which he could use earlier and cannot use anymore. That's something which was literally taken away from guests.....

Indeed, I have read the thread! 😉

15 minutes ago, Caipi said:

I think the OP had the biggest problem with some theater seats which he could use earlier and cannot use anymore. That's something which was literally taken away from guests.

(I personally do not care at all; I'm not interested in theater shows and I bought Premium Access anyway.) . 

How many seats are in the theater and this person is too lazy and entitled to find another?  They insist on their private seat that no one can use but I’m the problem for paying for a reserved AREA not a specific seat?

”Moooom someone’s in my seat!!!”  😭😭😭

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, I have read the thread! 😉

🙂

I can understand his disappointment when something was literally taken away 'from him' / the public. Even if the cruise line of course can do anything they like with their seats. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Caipi said:

🙂

I can understand his disappointment when something was literally taken away 'from him' / the public. Even if the cruise line of course can do anything they like with their seats. 

Look I called it my seat and I went to the bathroom and some else was in MY seat!!!