Taxis From Port Everglades to FLL

I will be catching a 11:15 am flight out of FLL after my cruise in January.  Just want to know if taxis are readily available at the cruise terminal or if there would be a long wait.  I am trying to decide if I should book the cruise transfer or just use the taxi.  I have read that security at FLL could be brutal so I don’t want to stress having to wait a long time for a taxi.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Taxis are readily available. Please make certain you have sufficient time for all airport business. Most airlines recommend arriving at US airports three hours before an international flight and two hours before a domestic flight.

4 hours ago, canadian9981 said:

I will be catching a 11:15 am flight out of FLL after my cruise in January.  Just want to know if taxis are readily available at the cruise terminal or if there would be a long wait.  I am trying to decide if I should book the cruise transfer or just use the taxi.  I have read that security at FLL could be brutal so I don’t want to stress having to wait a long time for a taxi.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, there will be a huge number of taxis at Port Everglades waiting to take you the 100 feet to FLL (the port and airport are VERY close). I would suggest doing an early walkoff if you can to avoid the crowds. You don't say which cruise line you are on, in our experience using Uber at PE isn't worth it; too many people waiting in a small area searching for their rides when taxis are so plentiful. Assuming you are flying Air Canada, you will be using Terminal 2 at FLL, and it's a very small terminal, only Delta and AC use it. If you have TSA Pre-Check/NEXUS the security lines will be minimal; we always take an 11:30 flight back to Montreal and I can't remember the last time we had any wait at security thanks to NEXUS. We are off the ship early and usually arrive at FLL T2 by about 8:00AM. Have a great trip ;o)

• Like 1

!00's of taxi's waiting to go the mile and a half to the airport. Make sure when you get in one they turn on the meter. Some will try and tell you its $30-50 per ride, it is not . It is metered in Florida. Don't fall for the scam. Make them stop, there are plenty of police in the port outside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

While the question has been answered, I would definitely take an Uber or Lyft over a taxi.

The OP didn't say which terminal/pier they are leaving from, and that can make a difference. We usually sail Princess, and most often from Terminal 2. That terminal is an absolute dog's breakfast when it comes to finding your ride share vehicle due to the very confining design of the driveways leading to that specific building. We gave up with Ubering from there and stick to the admittedly inferior taxis, as they are far easier to find. Other terminals at PE are OK, just not, in our experience, T2.

9 hours ago, lx200gps said:

The OP didn't say which terminal/pier they are leaving from, and that can make a difference. We usually sail Princess, and most often from Terminal 2. That terminal is an absolute dog's breakfast when it comes to finding your ride share vehicle due to the very confining design of the driveways leading to that specific building. We gave up with Ubering from there and stick to the admittedly inferior taxis, as they are far easier to find. Other terminals at PE are OK, just not, in our experience, T2.

100% Agreed. T2 is a cluster. Get in a cab there and be at the airport in 12-15 min. Finding an Uber would be like a needle in a haystack at this terminal. Princess does a terrible job of getting on and off at T2. In may we got off and there were in excess of 1,500 waiting to get on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

100% Agreed. T2 is a cluster. Get in a cab there and be at the airport in 12-15 min. Finding an Uber would be like a needle in a haystack at this terminal. Princess does a terrible job of getting on and off at T2. In may we got off and there were in excess of 1,500 waiting to get on.

Once the new Omni opens up late next or early 2026, I think a viable option for T2 will be to walk the relatively short distance from the disembarkation area at T2 to the hotel driveway, then call an Uber from there. I haven't yet seen an official layout of the new hotel but I think it will be very well situated for accessing T2.

20 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Fair point. I've never sailed Princess. We've only been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean out of Port Everglades, and getting a rideshare from there with those 2 lines is as easy as any other port. 

24 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Fair point. I've never sailed Princess. We've only been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean out of Port Everglades, and getting a rideshare from there with those 2 lines is as easy as any other port. 

Consider yourselves lucky ;o). The specific layout of the road into and out of Terminal 2 isn't laid out like most other terminals, or like at the airport. It is not at all conducive to rideshares, or even arriving taxis (though the taxi line for departing passengers is great). There's a nasty dead end traffic circle that all traffic has to endure before arriving at the on/off loading area, and the lines and traffic are terrible. Finding your specific rideshare car in that pandemonium just isn't worth it for us, we perfer the fast and easy taxi ride back to FLL, always aware of the Fort Lauderdale taxi scams.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 5:20 PM, nhraformula00 said:

!00's of taxi's waiting to go the mile and a half to the airport. Make sure when you get in one they turn on the meter. Some will try and tell you its $30-50 per ride, it is not . It is metered in Florida. Don't fall for the scam. Make them stop, there are plenty of police in the port outside.

I had that experience at Port Everglades - magically the meter "stopped working." I kind of hate taxis to begin with, so that did nothing for my opinion of them.