Afternoon Tea

arrice

I'm sure t his has been discussed somewhere in this board, but then again, everything has. but

I just got off the Sun and there was no dining room afternoon tea.  I don't especially like tea, but I have come to enjoy the afternoon interlude.  Does anyone know if this has been implemented across the fleet?

14 minutes ago, arrice said:

I'm sure t his has been discussed somewhere in this board, but then again, everything has. but

I just got off the Sun and there was no dining room afternoon tea.  I don't especially like tea, but I have come to enjoy the afternoon interlude.  Does anyone know if this has been implemented across the fleet?

We had it delivered to our cabin last month on discovery 

@arrice did you ever ask while you were on the Sun princess why there was no afternoon tea or did you just miss it in the Patter?

Currently on the Coral princess there is afternoon tea listed in the patter not sure about the other ships. Just checked that one as there is a live from going on. So I would say that was just unique to the Sun princess?

IMG_2056.thumb.jpeg.c9189a3a3b25fe0e35820da83eb29379.jpeg

• Like 1

This has been discussed here on a couple of threads. This appears to be unique to the Sun. All three Princess ships we have traveled on this past year, Discovery, Sky, and Ruby, offered afternoon tea as always. Others have reported it still being standard on other Princess ships. It seems this is something that is just not being offered on the Sun. 

Edited by karatemom2

3 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

This has been discussed here on a couple of threads. This appears to be unique to the Sun. All three Princess ships we have traveled on this past year, Discovery, Sky, and Ruby, offered afternoon tea as always. Others have reported it still being standard on other Princess ships. It seems this is something that is just not being offered on the Sun. 

In the discussions, do you remember if they had the in cabin elite tea on the Sun?  TIA

My afternoon teas: 

20241009_040704.thumb.jpg.487acd64b4427677a3d4fa1d60126f1c.jpg

the 2nd one was tea on my Sun Princess balcony. I, and my waistline, are happy with the slimmed down options. Also with the larger tea cup. Must say the tea bag options were significantly larger than the Enchanted Princess pictured above it. I did not take a picture of the Royal Princess room service tea in April 2024. WHY do they send THAT MUCH jam for just 3 scones??

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

My afternoon teas: 

20241009_040704.thumb.jpg.487acd64b4427677a3d4fa1d60126f1c.jpg

the 2nd one was tea on my Sun Princess balcony. I, and my waistline, are happy with the slimmed down options. Also with the larger tea cup. Must say the tea bag options were significantly larger than the Enchanted Princess pictured above it. I did not take a picture of the Royal Princess room service tea in April 2024. WHY do they send THAT MUCH jam for just 3 scones??

Is this the Elite afternoon tea?

I wasn't sure if Princess still did it. Did they ask you how many people it was for?

We got it once  years ago when we first became Elite but it was enough food for 10 people so never ordered it again

Question for you @Ombud

I did my 1st Elite afternoon tea on the last cruise. As you note, there was a LOT of food. On our next cruise, we are sailing with some non-Elites. I thought I would invite them to share the food. 

Room Service asked when I called how many people it was for?

I was hoping to get enough teacups to share, so I was thinking of just saying 4.

I don't want to be breaking any rules...but have you ever done anything similar.

24 minutes ago, chamima said:

I wasn't sure if Princess still did it. Did they ask you how many people it was for?

We got it once  years ago when we first became Elite but it was enough food for 10 people so never ordered it again

Yes it is the Sun Princess Elite Afternoon tea in my stateroom 9/25/24 and I always request for 1 person & no sandwiches. They actually listened on the Enchanted & Sun which is why I took the picture. They did not listen on the Emerald Princess where I got 1 dz scones in May 2023 then the ridiculous amounts shown here.

20241018_132808.thumb.jpg.cb1d356d808af5880ac146d9e234ab34.jpg

Honestly sometimes I invite someone to share but I still request for 1 person & no sandwiches. @dreaminofcruisin if it was me and it would be more than 1 additional, I'd state it's for 2 & grab 2 cups from the buffet. I'd also ask for extra carafes hot water as they're skimpy on that. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 3

So, it appears that the Sun is offering the Elite tea service which makes me think that even if they aren't offering afternoon tea in a dining room, perhaps they are still offering it in the buffet with a serve yourself option? Maybe someone who has been on the Sun can confirm for the tea lovers here so at least people know there is an option for those who aren't Elite.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

In the discussions, do you remember if they had the in cabin elite tea on the Sun?  TIA

It appears from the posts following yours that they do in fact offer the Elite tea service on the Sun, which makes me think they must have the standard tea foods like sandwiches, scones, and pastries, available in the buffet, even though they don't provide a dining room tea service. Maybe someone who has been on the Sun can confirm if this is the case. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

It appears from the posts following yours that they do in fact offer the Elite tea service on the Sun, which makes me think they must have the standard tea foods like sandwiches, scones, and pastries, available in the buffet, even though they don't provide a dining room tea service. Maybe someone who has been on the Sun can confirm if this is the case. 

Didn't see sandwiches at tea time but there's pastries & scones. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chamima said:

We said for two. Feed 10 lol

• Haha 2