Side to Side Port Canaveral on Royal

This week we have a side to side on Royal and I have a few questions.

Will Royal provide a transfer between the two ships, Utopia and Adventure ?

My understanding is I can bring in a bottle of wine for each cruise ? Does the same apply with soda, can we bring 12 cans each ?

Ideally we don’t want to leave the port when we change ships, hence the queries

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermatt said:

My understanding is I can bring in a bottle of wine for each cruise ? Does the same apply with soda, can we bring 12 cans each ?

Are they out of terminals nearby? I have heard they sometimes will doesnt hurt to ask, worse comes to worse do uber.

Confused by your carry on drinks. Its 1 bottle of wine PER ADULT. On the soda or non alcoholic its 12 PER CABIN. If you are solo the answer is yes.

11 hours ago, downundermatt said:

While it is one port, the terminals are likely to be pretty far apart and sorta need to go out of it to get between the two. Small chance RCI will have some sort of transport between the two. Utopia will be out of T1 while Adventure maybe T6 - @orville99 might have some info.

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While it is one port, the terminals are likely to be pretty far apart and sorta need to go out of it to get between the two. Small chance RCI will have some sort of transport between the two. Utopia will be out of T1 while Adventure maybe T6 - @orville99 might have some info.

I went out of terminal 5 on adventure last month and it's like a separate entrance off a main road. Not close imo. I used uber, I didn't drive, but each terminal is far. Terminal 1 is like on another road to me. Really far. It's not like the terminals are lined up like miami.

• Like 1

The two terminals you will be at are close enough to see each other...but not doable for walking...especially with luggage.  

No transfers available from RCI.  Simple to grab a taxi between the two terminals.  They will have plenty lined up outside for you.  

• Like 1

Utopia and Adventure terminals are not walkable to each other.  In my recent experience, Royal did NOT offer any transportation from one ship to another.   If you can get them to take you,  you will get to the second terminal quite early and have to wait  a while to be let inside. 

Our previous scenarios at Port Canaveral , as we've done this a few times.

1.  We parked off site and took the off-site shuttle back to the off-site lot.  Hung out there an hour or so until they started the new drop offs.  

2.  Had our car and moved the car from one terminal to another.  We were too early to get in the lot and had to wait nearby till they opened the  terminal lot. 

3. Took uber from one  terminal to the other.  This was hard as the drivers kept cancelling as they did not want a short ride.  We finally waited till after the masses left and had better luck getting the ride. 

Seems more and more passengers are doing the S2S so maybe they will provide transportation

good luck. 

M

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think the port authority has given the Uber drivers a bit of difficulty.  It's a short ride from one terminal to the other.  I would choose a taxi.  

I thought taxis did not come into port only Uber 

I think PC needs to do better job as more ships have shorter cruises so folks can hop.

24 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think PC needs to do better job as more ships have shorter cruises so folks can hop.

Agree - Even if they need to charge for it.  We had a s2s at Tampa at two terminals that were not very close to each other ( I think it was T2 to T6).  We were told there would be transportation to the new ship, but when we got outside, there was nothing.  

I think Royal provides S2S service, for a fee, in Ft. Lauderdale. 

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Agree - Even if they need to charge for it.  We had a s2s at Tampa at two terminals that were not very close to each other ( I think it was T2 to T6).  We were told there would be transportation to the new ship, but when we got outside, there was nothing.  

I think Royal provides S2S service, for a fee, in Ft. Lauderdale. 

M

At least at Tampa, you can indeed walk from T2/T3/T6.   But dragging luggage from T2 to T6...I would not want to do that.  T2 and T3 are next to each other.  

9 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Ask at guest services on board the first cruise, sometimes they have a crew shuttle going between the 2 ships that you may use.

Agree, doesn't hurt to ask. They had me ride in Crew Van on one Sailing and similar on another even though S2S was Royal Ship to a Celebrity Ship. Irony is didn't know they were providing it, didnt want get to Celebrity Ship early to just stand outside locked Terminal doors so I waited to be last walk off the Royal Ship. Had just PU my Luggage, standing in Customs line planned on taking a Taxi when I hear my name being hollered out by a Cruise Employee. Felt bad as other Cruisers doing S2S had been sitting in the Van waiting for me for 25min. 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

At least at Tampa, you can indeed walk from T2/T3/T6.   But dragging luggage from T2 to T6...I would not want to do that.  T2 and T3 are next to each other.  

Many times at Tampa been on Royal Ship's that leave from one Terminal and return to different one. Was on B2B's and watch from my Balcony as passengers getting off dragging Luggage back to other Terminal where they left their Car

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I thought taxis did not come into port only Uber 

I live near Port Canaveral...and have cruised out of my home port many...many times.  Not once did I ever see a lack of taxis waiting to pick up pax.  The Uber are more tough to spot.  

Me, where I live now, which is a 25 minute drive to port from/to my house, I park in the terminal garage.  But prior to that when I lived on Merritt Island for 20 years, just 3 miles away, we would simply call a taxi to bring us to the port, leaving my vehicle in the garage.  Then hailed one on the return.  Unless this has changed...maybe you know more?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Many times at Tampa been on Royal Ship's that leave from one Terminal and return to different one. Was on B2B's and watch from my Balcony as passengers getting off dragging Luggage back to other Terminal where they left their Car

I see it as well.  It's still doable, but a PITA from T6 to T2.  😉    We will be at T2 on Saturday.  I have prepaid parking set up in the garage, which is convenient for T2 and T3.   At T6....I park in the open lot next to the ship.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I see it as well.  It's still doable, but a PITA from T6 to T2.  😉    We will be at T2 on Saturday.  I have prepaid parking set up in the garage, which is convenient for T2 and T3.   At T6....I park in the open lot next to the ship.  

Smart. Miss when Ships were smaller, less of them and you could Park right next to it every time. 26yrs ago in Miami we were so close I could have thrown a coin off open Deck and hit my Car. Back then they pushed my Father In Law in wheelchair off the Ship and straight to our car. Back when Customs came on to clear everyone. Was a "Diamond" Top Tier then and we were passenger number 3 and 4 off the Ship, several Perks now long gone

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Happened to us twice in the past year and RCCL had small shuttle vans to get back to where we had parked the car. 

M

• Like 1

20 hours ago, downundermatt said:

Yes, but it is a bit convoluted according to the suite concierge. You will have to contact GS to let them know you will be doing a side to side and you will be needing a shuttle, You will be be given a specific luggage tag, and after you get off the ship and retrieve your luggage you go to the airport transfer location outside of the terminal where they will have arranged a shuttle to take you to the other terminal. From what the concierge told us, there is no charge. Also PC is (so far) the only port she knew of that is providing this service.

20 hours ago, downundermatt said:

According to the paperwork we received prior to out arrival in PC on Saturday, you are considered "consecutive" cruisers when you a S2S on two Royal ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Yes, but it is a bit convoluted according to the suite concierge. You will have to contact GS to let them know you will be doing a side to side and you will be needing a shuttle, You will be be given a specific luggage tag, and after you get off the ship and retrieve your luggage you go to the airport transfer location outside of the terminal where they will have arranged a shuttle to take you to the other terminal. From what the concierge told us, there is no charge. Also PC is (so far) the only port she knew of that is providing this service.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

According to the paperwork we received prior to out arrival in PC on Saturday, you are considered "consecutive" cruisers when you a S2S on two Royal ships.

This is all good news to me. We’ve done numerous side-by-side in Port Canaveral and this is the first time I’m learning of  transportation between ships.  In the past, I have asked guest services and have been told there is no transportation.  I am generally not a suite  guest, so perhaps that is the reason I have been told there is no service. 

Where specifically in your paperwork does it note that you are a consecutive or side to side cruiser?  Is that paperwork direct from Royal Caribbean, or from a travel agent?    We mostly do back to back cruises and I honestly don’t recall seeing consecutive listed anywhere on my paperwork. I would love to be able to check for it. I recall years ago when you indicated if you were consecutive cruiser in the check in process  but I haven’t seen that in years. We have a consecutive cruise next week and just looked at the paperwork and it is not listed anywhere.  

Thanks for  the info. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Where specifically in your paperwork does it note that you are a consecutive or side to side cruiser?  

The sailings are individual and very unlikely any documentation would say anything about other sailings. 

• Like 1