All Things Carnival Spirit

sea_u_onboard

We sailed the Spirit to Hawaii and loved it. The class of ship is by far my favorite. We are in the process now of getting a group together to sail her NB to Alaska around the end of May 2008 cant wait to sail her again :)

My wife and I are planning to take the Spirit to Hawaii for our anniversary in '08.I would like to learn any tips you may have.We have a thread going.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9011732#post9011732

All help welcomed !

Glad to find this thread!

We just got booked in cabin 5220 on the Spirit for the northbound sailing on July 11.

I'm just trusting our travel agent about the room -- we're midship in a balcony on the upper deck, and not in an obstructed view, so I'm happy. It'll be our first cruise, and a belated honeymoon, so I'm sure it'll be a good time!

Current plans are we fly into Vancouver on the 9th and sight-see for a couple of days, then take a red-eye home from Anchorage on the 18th.

Glad to find this thread!

We just got booked in cabin 5220 on the Spirit for the northbound sailing on July 11.

I'm just trusting our travel agent about the room -- we're midship in a balcony on the upper deck, and not in an obstructed view, so I'm happy. It'll be our first cruise, and a belated honeymoon, so I'm sure it'll be a good time!

Current plans are we fly into Vancouver on the 9th and sight-see for a couple of days, then take a red-eye home from Anchorage on the 18th.

Looks like a great cabin. We are in 5234. You will be getting on when we get off.

Can someone explain this to me. Seems to say that unlike most Oceanview Cabins, this actually has a door that opens to let the outside in. Sort of like a Balcony that isn't.

Anyone have pictures or an explanation that is better than the one Carnival provides?

and from the pictures it looks like there is a lifeboat infront of the small balcony..I tried to upload the photo but it was to big...heres the discription

On Deck: Main

Twin beds that convert to a king, sofa, TV, safe, phone, shower, French doors and railing.

(Obstructed views for staterooms 4105 through 4155 and 4188 through 4207). (Disabled staterooms 4202, 4203, 4205 & 4207 have a picture window instead of French doors).

Average size: 185 sq

Anyone have a picture of the bathrooms on the Spirit. We have been on the Fantasy, Inspirtation and the Conquest. The bathrooms on the first 2 have very limited counter space while the Conquest had a very nice counter with several shelves. How does the Spirit compare? There is 4 of us. Do I need to pack the over the door shoe holder?

Anyone have a picture of the bathrooms on the Spirit. We have been on the Fantasy, Inspirtation and the Conquest. The bathrooms on the first 2 have very limited counter space while the Conquest had a very nice counter with several shelves. How does the Spirit compare? There is 4 of us. Do I need to pack the over the door shoe holder?

Here's a couple pics:

bath1.jpg.a039674e4bea9fb72d8ecd64b43ea2b8.jpg

bath2.jpg.3a4f168e90767947c64a85a806bcb0e9.jpg

Thanks - it looks comparable to what we had on the Conquest. I don't think I'll pack the over the door thingy for the bathroom. I may still bring one along for the closet. It works will for all those little items that you want handy but don't want laying around.

Thanks again.

Hi Lisa,

I see you took Alaskan leopard Comedy Tour from Whittier to Anchorage.

We've booked that also. Did you have to rush to get off the shipe on time? any tips for us?

Thanks, Gale

It was a good way to travel to Anchorage. We were one of the last groups to leave the terminal, though. It's a small parking lot area, and the Carnival sponsored tours/transfers get first dibbs to the area. We had to wait until they all left. So, no, we had more than enough time!

The luggage went in a separate truck that followed the shuttle bus.

One of the first few stops was lunch--a little bit too early in the trip for us.

We enjoyed it enough--at least it wasn't a boring ride as a bus transfer would have been.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I forgot to ask if you self-disembarked or how you made arrangements to get off early enough.

Thanks,

Gale

It was a good way to travel to Anchorage. We were one of the last groups to leave the terminal, though. It's a small parking lot area, and the Carnival sponsored tours/transfers get first dibbs to the area. We had to wait until they all left. So, no, we had more than enough time!

One of the first few stops was lunch--a little bit too early in the trip for us.

We enjoyed it enough--at least it wasn't a boring ride as a bus transfer would have been.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Where did you eat lunch? For 2007, the Alaskan Leopard shuttles leave one hour earlier than in 2006. The Whittier to Anchorage shuttle leaves at 8:45, and the web site doesn't mention a lunch stop.

Where did you eat lunch? For 2007, the Alaskan Leopard shuttles leave one hour earlier than in 2006. The Whittier to Anchorage shuttle leaves at 8:45, and the web site doesn't mention a lunch stop.

I see. Yes, our departure time was 9:45am. Plus, they were late getting us. We had to call to find out where they were.

I *think* the lunch stop was Portage Glacier Visitor Center. They handed out discount coupons for lunch (not that we needed to eat more food!).

I see. Yes, our departure time was 9:45am. Plus, they were late getting us. We had to call to find out where they were.

I *think* the lunch stop was Portage Glacier Visitor Center. They handed out discount coupons for lunch (not that we needed to eat more food!).

Thanks for the update. I only now noticed that Alaskan Leopard's web site says "Complimentary breakfast snack and beverage served at Portage Glacier." Now that I've seen that, I do remember reading about a "snack".

Thanks Lisa and Hi Nancy,

Are you booked With Alaskan Leopard for 2006? If so, when do you cruise?

We leave Vancouver on May 30th.

Gale

Yes, I booked our Alaskan Leopard shuttle several months ago because we're using a Toursaver coupon. We're on the June 4th northbound Coral Princess - not Carnival.

Not sure if this has been asked.

The balcony cabins look simular to the ones on the Conquest in that there is a convertable sofa in the cabin. Does this sofa have the storage drawers underneath? The reason I ask is I'm debating whether to bring a shoe holder. If it has the drawers then I'll just throw all the shoes in there.

For those who have used the transfers to get from the ship to the airport in Vancouver ---------

If you have an early flight do they put you on the earlier buses?

I'm assuming they fill a bus before they send it on to the airport - how long does this usually take?

Do they do any type of tour along the way or is it a straight shot to the airport?

They quoted me $16 each - is it worth it?

We can do LimoJet for a little less - so I'm leaning in that direction.

Too bad Carnival doesn't offer US Direct in this direction or I would be all over it.

Thanks.............

Not sure if this has been asked.

The balcony cabins look simular to the ones on the Conquest in that there is a convertable sofa in the cabin. Does this sofa have the storage drawers underneath? The reason I ask is I'm debating whether to bring a shoe holder. If it has the drawers then I'll just throw all the shoes in there.

our sofa on the Conquest had two drawers underneath , but had extra sheets and bedding stored in them.I don't know if this is normal or not.I wonder if the steward would have taken them out?

our sofa on the Conquest had two drawers underneath , but had extra sheets and bedding stored in them.I don't know if this is normal or not.I wonder if the steward would have taken them out?
Ours on the Conquest was empty - maybe he/she like to store extra in there. I'm sure they will take them out if we ask. Hope it is the same - it will save packing extra stuff. It's going to be hard enough with the luggage restrictions and doing 4 days pre-cruise.

Archived