How are the bath products?

sarahjane

I'd hate to lug along shampoo, bodywash, lotion etc. if the products provided are nice. On the other hand, I'd hate to have flat, crappy looking hair and dry skin the whole time if they are NOT good products.:eek:

SO...any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I assume the same products are used across the line, but we will be on the Westerdam to Alaska 5/14!:D

Thanks in advance for the info...

sarahjane

With the Inauguration of Noordam in February, HAL introduced a new line of products that are now fleetwide on all the ships.

They are Elemis and I love them. Delicious soaps (bath and face), shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and body lotion.

We just used them for two weeks on Ryndam and I very much enjoyed Elemis.

I was introduced to the Elemis line of products on my recent Noordam cruise. They were lovely.

I had body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a great hand soap, and bath soap. My skin felt smooth and silky.

It's my understanding that this is the line on every HAL ship, in every cabin category. There may be a few instances of the former product---Royal Dutch---still out there. Those were great, too.

Was on Westerdam's sister Zuiderdam April 8 and they had the Royal Dutch products. I thought they were fine and used them daily - shampoo, soap (shower and facial) and lotion - no shower gel or conditioner. I brought my own conditioner - the conditioning shampoos don't do the job for me in that regard.

As one who uses salon products at home, I felt these did the job for the week we were on board, although the shampoo was a bit thin.

Wonder if we got the leftovers of Royal Dutch....

The products were fine, but please note that there are no Qtips or cotton balls provided, if you are accustomed to having them on previous cruises.

If you run out of anything, you might need to leave your cabin steward a note, since on HAL they seem to be invisible. They get the work done, but yu just don't see them much!

have a wondeful time!

If you run out of anything, you might need to leave your cabin steward a note, since on HAL they seem to be invisible. They get the work done, but yu just don't see them much!

This has never been an issue w/ any of our HAL stewards - they truly are consistently excellent, due to HAL's long-standing training program and their pride in making us feel welcome and comfortable.

BTW -- the shower gel makes a very nice bubble-bath too - lots of long-lasting smelly-good suds!

:D

;)

We thought the Elemis stuff was quite nice. Smells good too. We actually liked it better than the old Royal Dutch (actually STILL have some of that stuff from more than 4 years ago, we're not using it). The body lotion is a bit thin. If you have really dry skin & prefer something creamier, you might want to pick-up a travel size to take with you. In the Caribbean in February, it was humid enough that I only needed a thin lotion.

Don't need to bother leaving a note for your steward. If you run out, just leave the empty bottle on the sink counter. He'll see it & know it needs to be replaced. The stewards are just that good. :)

Have a fantastic time!

Do you think the Elemis are only being used in the Suites and Veranda Rooms, while the cabins are still using the Holland products?

LHC

Nope-

Elemis is in every stateroom, from the lowest inside to the PH

We got to try the Elemis products May 2005 when we were on the Zuiderdam - one week trial basis. We didn't have any problems with them then. The second week of that cruise they returned to the Royal Dutch products.

On our most recent cruise on the Amsterdam, they had the Elemis products. For the first several days neither of us had any problems but we do notice that the shampoo was very watery - had to use a lot to get up a good lather. The conditioner - couldn't get it out of the bottle as it was so thick. Thankfully I brought along our own shampoos and conditioners as we switched off to them. The hand soaps and shower gel were fine.

With the Inauguration of Noordam in February, HAL introduced a new line of products that are now fleetwide on all the ships.

They are Elemis and I love them. Delicious soaps (bath and face), shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and body lotion.

We just used them for two weeks on Ryndam and I very much enjoyed Elemis.

I am just off ZUI and was in an SA suite. We were not provided with Elemis just the inexpensive stuff that I did not use.

I called Guest Relations about this and she said she did not know anything about Elemis now being provided. I really like their products and was very disappointed. I even had the email from HAL saying that Elemis was part of the SOE upgrades.

We have recently returned from the Veendam W. Carib. (4/15-22). Royal Dutch in our ocean view room. Disappointing, I have to say. I thought for sure, with all I've read about HAL, that we wouldn't need any of those items. I didn't bring more than a sample size of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or facial soap. Big mistake! I wish I had. So, I guess, if you're on the Veendam in an outside stateroom, bring it, just in case! BTW, the bottles were replaced on the last night of the cruise. Wish it was a bit more exciting.

Just off the Statendam. Royal Dutch still in use. The soap and moisture cream were fine but I did not care for the shampoo, which is the "2 in 1" stuff. I was not expecting this and had to spend some time looking for small sizes of shampoo and conditioner.

Hey Ccer's if you have been on a recent cruise would you write and say if you had elemis or the Holland products, what kind of cabin you where in, and which ship you where on.

Thanks,

Linda

Yes, this is quite a development from when this thread began!:(

It looks like I may need to lug all my toiletries along, just to be on the safe side. I know it's not really that big of a deal, but packing for Alaska presents extra challenges due to the heavier clothing items required (compared to Caribbean). I was hoping to stick to my "under-packing" plan!;)

Keep on posting! How about those recently on the Westerdam?

sarahjane

Archived