Official Cruise Wedding Picture Thread

I am finally getting around to posting my wedding pictures links.

I was married on the Explorer of the Seas on August 9, 2008.

http://family.webshots.com/album/565494212ibezkO - These are pictures taken by the shipboard photographer.

http://family.webshots.com/album/565688373blCfmK - These photos were taken by my brother, a semi-pro photographer.

Enjoy!

Here's the link to our wedding (it already seems so long ago!) onboard the Liberty of the Seas 11/15/08:

*Word of advice to the future brides - get photos of yourselves in your dress just standing there, hands to the side - with no obstructions to your dress (bouquets, hands, sitting down, bending to the side, etc.).

I only have one photograph with no obstructions - to show off the dress - and it's quite sad because it's an awful picture. :p

Here's the link to our wedding (it already seems so long ago!) onboard the Liberty of the Seas 11/15/08:

*Word of advice to the future brides - get photos of yourselves in your dress just standing there, hands to the side - with no obstructions to your dress (bouquets, hands, sitting down, bending to the side, etc.).

I only have one photograph with no obstructions - to show off the dress - and it's quite sad because it's an awful picture. :p

I totally agree!! I've got a few that show my dress really well with just me in them, but the lighting is really poor. The best one that I end up showing off is the one of my dad walking me down the aisle, because at one point I actually held my bouquet low enough to see the beading at my waist.

Everyone's Pictures look gorgeous!!!

MarinerBride - Was your reception held in the viking crown lounge? I am getting married On Independence next month and I just got my reception site and it will be held in the cloud nine and seven hearts lounge. I just wanted to get an idea of what it would look like.

I also noticed that you took a good amount of outdoor pictures around the ship. I was just wondering if you had to be pulled away from your reception for a long time in order to get these outdoor shots? Any advice will be much appreciated!

I am so excited for my wedding on Indy next month and looking at everyone's pictures just makes me that much more excited!

Thanks for sharing everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560903724kVAbJa

Planning our 2nd cruise this April and remembered how I relied on these boards when I was planning my wedding back in 2007. Thought I'd drop by the wedding & honeymoon boards and see if I could help any. I was married in Barbados at BOTTOM BAY BEACH. My wedding planner was PHENOMENAL and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her to anyone thinking of having a destination wedding. The photographer she hired was her personal friend, who just so happened to be the photographer for Tiger Woods! I am not a golf fanatic but how cool is it to say that your photographer did Tiger Wood's wedding??? HA! In any event, the photos were spectacular!!! Way better than the wedding photos I have seen of local photographers here in Western NY. The wedding planner is Wendy Harp and her company is ISLAND WEDDINGS BARBADOS. Any questions feel free to email me at ppanda81@aol.com - Kim

MarinerBride - Was your reception held in the viking crown lounge? I am getting married On Independence next month and I just got my reception site and it will be held in the cloud nine and seven hearts lounge. I just wanted to get an idea of what it would look like.

I also noticed that you took a good amount of outdoor pictures around the ship. I was just wondering if you had to be pulled away from your reception for a long time in order to get these outdoor shots? Any advice will be much appreciated!

I am so excited for my wedding on Indy next month and looking at everyone's pictures just makes me that much more excited!

Yes, we were in the 7 Hearts/Cloud Nine Lounge. We did get pulled away from the reception, and that is my biggest regret of the whole wedding. If I could do it again, I would hire the photographer for an extra hour and do all of the shots after our non-sailing guests had to leave. Let me know if you have anymore questions! :)

DNineMoons - I just wanted to say hi and thank you again for the pics you sent of that other wedding in Maharajas Lounge a few months ago. It really helped me to know and be ready for what we were going to experience on our wedding day as I was not able to change the location. Everything went wonderfully - a few speed bumps getting onto the ship but in the end I did not even see the giant elephants in the backdrop, or the dancing women on the walls (haha), I was so excited about being married! This year for our first xmas my mom found a elephant ornament that looked just like the ones outside the lounge to give us for our tree - its a great reminder to me that no matter the location on the ship all that mattered was the marriage itself. To any other brides still planning, I was in a state of total angst over the room assignment and found later it was totally unnecessary. Yes there were giant life size elephants and dancing ladies but that just created a interesting memory for all of those in attendance and something for us and our families/friends to laugh about as we look back on our wonderful wedding day and fabulous cruise.

Hi there! Our little "reception" was in the Seven Hearts Lounge aboard the Liberty (sister ship of the Indy). It's a smaller room - the floor to ceiling windows are wonderful! Just make sure that someone is in charge of guarding the rear window door. It leads out into the sports court/ping pong tables and people were constantly trying to come in! It's really a very nice place and if you're getting married in the chapel, it's just right down the stairs. A very short walk for guests. As for outdoor shots - unless you want some photos of the basketball court or what I refer to as "the giant golf ball", you may have to wander a little bit. Try and get a good list of places that you want photos taken and relay that to the photographer. They do a decent job of taking you where you want to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll add mine to the mix!

I was married May 10, 2007 while in port in Bermuda. It was an amazing day!

Here is a link to a bunch of pictures taken by family and friends:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20950&id=728115649&l=bf0f74e5e3

and here is a link to our favourite professional photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=158586&id=728115649&l=9dff242f98

I love looking at everyone's pictures, you had beautiful weddings!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived