Concierge Tipping

I'm sailing in the Royal Suite on the Explorer for a 9 night cruise. What is the customary tip for the concierge for this situation? All of the suggested tipping information is for all of the other staff.

Thanks for any info you can give.

The concierge is RCL's "tip" to me for being a lotal customer and getting to Diamond level where you can take advantage of this service. The concierge would have to go above and beyond his normal duties to get a tip from me.

You will see all sorts of amounts tossed about. The fact that you are in the RS should have no bearing on the amount you tip the Concierge...he is there for all the Diamond and Suite pax. 9 nites...$10 - $20 per person in your cabin...depending on the amount of service he has given you. And give him more if you feel he has gone above and beyond. Believe me...there will be some pax who will hand him $100 or more so do not worry about it.

we just returned from the Radiance, and had a great conceiger, Willie was on vacation, but Carola, and Mark took care of us and did a great job, we always wonder what to tip also, if they really do a good job, we tip around $50.00, if just nothing out of the ordinary, we tip around $25. I know this is an extra perk from Rc, but we feel that most of them go over and beyond there duties to help in any way. Have a great cruise

I too tip between 25$ and 75$ depending on the service and length of the cruise. Some of the Concierges are just great - but not all.

A couple of years ago we did the transatlantic and had a terrible concierge. We would go up to the Odyssey instead and therefore tipped there.

While RCI may reward us for our loyalty by providing us with access to the concierge lounge and the services of the concierge, if the concierge provides services to us, I believe that he or she deserves a tip in an amount that recognizes the quality of the service provided. If you were to use the concierge services at a hotel, you would expect to tip, and I believe that it is equally appropriate to do so on an RCI cruise. We have been most fortunate to encounter excellent concierges in the time that we have been eligible for those services and have tipped them accordingly. :)

The tip should depend on how much you use the concierge's services, and how well you are served! If you never ask anything of the concierge, and seldom went to the lounge, then the tip should be minimal, at best! If you would rather have them make your specialty restaurant reservations, (although why that is necessary is beyond me!) or book your excursions, them tip them for doing that for you.

We just got off the 9 day explorer trip(June 11). Ricky was incre dible. We had no clue how much to tip him, but he did a lot for us- helped get a refund when we bailed out of an excursion, helped my Mom who used a wheelchair and generally took great care of us the entire trip. We used the lounge daily etc... The first night of the cruise I gave him $20 ( we were traveling with 2 others who were in an interior room and he let them use the lounge each night with us) and at the end of the cruise we gave him $100. Looking at the threads, it may have been too much but he was worth every penny of it. He is exceptional. Tell him the Sacher family says hello please....enjoy your cruise!!!!!:cool:

We were fortunate enough to be able to use the Concierge Lounge on Brilliance because we are Diamond Members. The Concierge, Katherine, was wonderful and we tipped her $40 for our cruise.

We only used the lounge in the evening for pre-dinner cocktails and we realized that with being there an hour each evening, and two drinks each, we would have spent the $40 in tips to a bartender.

In a suite though you might expect/require more services, so that you may want to tip more. It depends on what you have the concierge do.

Karyn8, sorry but I disagree with you about tipping the concierge. I do realize that RCI is doing something special because we are repeat cruisers, but I wouldn't not tip any concierge in a hotel if I had him/her give me service, so why would I not tip on the cruise? Would you not tip if you had drinks in a lounge? We all have different opinions, and this one is mine.

We tipped Concierge $50 on Serenade to Alaska.

We went there every night before dinner and she was wonderful.

Never went in the AM

Tipped $10 on Adventure of the Seas, only went there twice.

Didn't tip on Voyager since we never went to the Concierge Lounge. (We were travelling with others who weren't eligible so we skipped it.)

Hope this helps..

Pam

Katiel53, we also were lucky enough to meet Katerina on Brilliance, and she was brilliant, indeed! We were only onboard for 3 nights, but she helped us with laundry, served us wonderful cocktails and was just a joy to be around. We gave her $20. For a longer cruise it probably would have been $50.

The Concierge may be RCI's gift to us, but if Katerina is any example, they work like dogs (well, not MY dogs, who loll around on the sofa all day) to make our cruise experience even more enjoyable than it already is, and IMHO they deserve to be thanked with more than words.

Archived