Getting to New York Cruise Terminal?

superdave57

I am going to be arriving LGA later this month and want to get to the cruise terminal in NYC. I am a family of 4. What is a good estimate of cab fare? Any better idea. I am arriving late so time may be critical.

Howdy fellow Houstonian Superdave57!

Welcome to the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information about cab fare in New York. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about the board's software and how to use it. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic. 05.gif

Per the Community Guidelines and to help you out, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - United Sates Forum where it will be on topic. I sincerely hope you will be able to find it in the new location!

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and I sincerely hope you and the family have a wonderful cruise!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

There are two cruise terminals in NYC, one in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan(there is also one in Bayonne NJ but I will assume you meant NYC). If you are on Princess or Cunard, its the Brooklyn Terminal, If you are on anything else except Royal Carribean you go to the one in Manhattan. In either case the approximate amount for a cab to Manhattan is $25.00 plus tolls and tips. The Cost to the one in Brooklyn is $30.00 plus tips...The shortest way to the one in Manhattan is over the 59th street Bridge which has no toll...all the above can be increased by traffic.

www.nypst.com

or

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/

How late are you arriving? Without traffic these take 30 minutes or less once you are in the cab...

Thanks so much for the info. We are going to the Manhattan terminal where we will board NCL Crown. Since I am way out of my league regarding NYC, the first link showed from LGA to port being arround 22-30 dollars plus toll. Your reply said take 59th to bypass tolls. Am I correct in my interpretation? Do you agree that for a family of 4, this is the best choice for transportation? Thanks again for all the help

Thanks so much for the info. We are going to the Manhattan terminal where we will board NCL Crown. Since I am way out of my league regarding NYC, the first link showed from LGA to port being arround 22-30 dollars plus toll. Your reply said take 59th to bypass tolls. Am I correct in my interpretation? Do you agree that for a family of 4, this is the best choice for transportation? Thanks again for all the help

Yes but make sure you get one of the van cabs because if you have any amount of luggage that will be the only way to carry them. You should tip in the 20% range with that much luggage(there is no charge for luggage in NY cabs) except for steamer trunks...enjoy the Dawn we have done it twice...

Yes but make sure you get one of the van cabs because if you have any amount of luggage that will be the only way to carry them. You should tip in the 20% range with that much luggage(there is no charge for luggage in NY cabs) except for steamer trunks...enjoy the Dawn we have done it twice...

thanks so much - you are a lifesaver

If you cannot get a van cab, don't sweat it. Cabbies drive Crown Victoria's which have massive trunks and can hold two very large rolling suitcases, 4 smaller bags, and you can always hold luggage on your lap.

Yes, I've done this quite a few times! :D

If you cannot get a van cab, don't sweat it. Cabbies drive Crown Victoria's which have massive trunks and can hold two very large rolling suitcases, 4 smaller bags, and you can always hold luggage on your lap.

Yes, I've done this quite a few times! :D

Unfortanately most cabby drive Chrevolets or smaller. and 4 people with full size bags will have a problem. At the airport there will be a dispatcher who can help get you a cab that should be big enough either a van or a Crown Vic. Just don't take a cab that is a envoiromental frendly one that uses gas. their truck is taken up by a tank for natural gas...

I am going to be arriving LGA later this month and want to get to the cruise terminal in NYC. I am a family of 4. What is a good estimate of cab fare? Any better idea. I am arriving late so time may be critical.

Not to totally confuse you, but in NY you are allowed to arrange for a "car service" which is different from the medallion cabs. Of course it will be more money, but maybe not that much more, to arrange for a Towncar to pick you up. The driver will wait for you in the luggage area. I just thought about this when you mentioned, you would be late. Maybe you would prefer to pay a little more than wait at the cab stand, especially since you have four people plus luggage to worry about.

Not to totally confuse you, but in NY you are allowed to arrange for a "car service" which is different from the medallion cabs. Of course it will be more money, but maybe not that much more, to arrange for a Towncar to pick you up. The driver will wait for you in the luggage area. I just thought about this when you mentioned, you would be late. Maybe you would prefer to pay a little more than wait at the cab stand, especially since you have four people plus luggage to worry about.

We are on the NCL Dawn on July 15th. I am using Carmel Limo, they are reasonable and very prompt. We are getting in late also so I went this route instead of a taxi. Have a wonderful cruise. Vicki

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the NCL Dawn on July 15th. I am using Carmel Limo, they are reasonable and very prompt. We are getting in late also so I went this route instead of a taxi. Have a wonderful cruise. Vicki

Vicki, what was the wonderful rate? Do you have a website? Thanks.

Archived