RCCL doubles price

I just checked the price for an OS on the Navigator for the Canary Islands for October of 2007 and for a 10 day trip my cost is $1,265 per night. that's OK.............except............last year on the Legend of the Seas, we had a 14 night trip........took in more stops, a great itinerary.....and we paid $635 per night for an OS. That's just about double the price we paid.:confused:

Someone else started a thread of how RCCl has raised their rates, and I didn't pay too much attention........and now can't find it to add this to their post.

Anyone else noticed a vast difference in RCCL rates??

Rick

I just checked the price for an OS on the Navigator for the Canary Islands for October of 2007 and for a 10 day trip my cost is $1,265 per night. that's OK.............except............last year on the Legend of the Seas, we had a 14 night trip........took in more stops, a great itinerary.....and we paid $635 per night for an OS. That's just about double the price we paid.:confused:

Someone else started a thread of how RCCl has raised their rates, and I didn't pay too much attention........and now can't find it to add this to their post.

Rick

I haven't paid attention to RCCL too much, but on another line that we really enjoy the same thing has happened.

Rick

I am sorry...I am confused..$1,265 per night???

Rick

Rick, I'm afraid that it's the ship. If you price the LEGEND, the one on which you cruised last year, you can have a 13 day Med cruise in an OS for $9,000. (just about the same cost as your last Legend cruise)

RC is trying to see if the market will bear a much higher fare on the much newer and duded up Navigator. :)

Rick, look at the Navigator for the 13 day transatlantic leaving on 11/5!! You still get a stop in Spain, and Portugal, and the Canary Islands...........all for $6000 for 13 days in an OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Difference, Batman!

Thanks Carol.......appreciate the updated information. Actually the Legend is not going there in '07 as she has a different itinerary. I think you keep a closer eye on the pulse of pricing than I do, but was amazed at the price difference.

Oh, by the way........fortunatly for you........I still can afford the champagne!!:D

Rick

Let's get real here - RCCL is a public corporation and not a charity. They have been hit with increasing fuel costs and lessened travel demand because of fears of travelling during hurricane season.

That being said, there are still many, many good bargains out there. Just takes a bit of time and research to find them.

Thanks Carol.......appreciate the updated information. Actually the Legend is not going there in '07 as she has a different itinerary. I think you keep a closer eye on the pulse of pricing than I do, but was amazed at the price difference.

Oh, by the way........fortunatly for you........I still can afford the champagne!!:D

Rick

Oh, I just zipped over to RC's website and took a quick look at prices. :)

Have I told you lately that I love you? ;)

Get a room, you two!:D

I took a look at the short cruises that RCI is offering in Europe, and the prices are simply eye-popping. Perhaps it's because they're hoping to lure a European clientele with a much stronger Euro, but some 3-night cruises are going for $1000 or more for a JUNIOR suite. Last year on Brilliance, we paid $599 for a Grand Suite, although we booked super-early and the prices had gone up to more than that for a D-1 by the time we sailed.

A D-1 on the Jewel Baltics is going for nearly as much as a JS two years ago. Prices for the Caribbean itinerary that we're sailing this year are actually a bit lower than we're paying for the same date in 2006. So I think it's the marketplace. Sorry, Rick, you'll just have to cruise out of LA with us!

Rick, look at the Navigator for the 13 day transatlantic leaving on 11/5!! You still get a stop in Spain, and Portugal, and the Canary Islands...........all for $6000 for 13 days in an OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Difference, Batman!

I think you talked me into it!!:D Just taking your word for it, I assume it's the price for two people. Are you coming with us????;)

Or do you want our place in Cancun.........since we will be on the Navigator?

Damn school schedule! Ya gotta hit me on a school holiday - which ARE frequent, but not very long, until you get to winter break (which is why we always take a New Year's cruise) or spring break, and finally, SUMMER VACATION.

Damn school schedule! Ya gotta hit me on a school holiday - which ARE frequent, but not very long, until you get to winter break (which is why we always take a New Year's cruise) or spring break, and finally, SUMMER VACATION.

Kiss, kiss.........Carol! We just booked it, thanks to you! I better get you a better bottle of champagne!!!.......or make that two!!:D

Here is the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=372586

Many did not agree, so I came to the conclusion that perhaps I was just cheap, lol. My GS for our 25th is in place even though it's alot of money.

I look forward to when my dh is retired and we can make the transatlantic trips as those are a fantastic deal!

Marie

Here is the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=372586

Many did not agree, so I came to the conclusion that perhaps I was just cheap, lol. My GS for our 25th is in place even though it's alot of money.

I look forward to when my dh is retired and we can make the transatlantic trips as those are a fantastic deal!

Marie

The prices for the transatlantic are not bad. I looked at those for 07 westbound.

Rick

Rick, Yes we noticed the difference as soon as the 2007 Transatlantic cruises became available online. Not only has the price increased substantially the itineary isn't as good on many of the crossings(possibly with the exception of the Legend) which unfortunately isn't coming to the UK next year.The price and itineary issue is exactly the same on Celebrity for 07 as well. Also we noted that all the ships in the fall of 07 are leaving the UK/Europe quite a few weeks later than has been the norm.

John.

Archived