Suggestion to End Formal Night Bickering

Tom O.

Eventually the dress up crowd will realize casual cruisers are here to stay, but currently they seem to view us as a threat to their cruising way of life. I guess they are in denial because I always see other casual cruisers in the MDR

Actually, your friend (1 happy cruiser) has abandoned you. He now supports a dress code. It just has to agree with his personal preferences. He doesn't want to eat with people with "baseball caps, shorts, bathing suit, bib jeans or whatever". He feels they should be banished to the buffet.

Actually, your friend (1 happy cruiser) has abandoned you. He now supports a dress code. It just has to agree with his personal preferences. He doesn't want to eat with people with "baseball caps, shorts, bathing suit, bib jeans or whatever". He feels they should be banished to the buffet.

I do not find someone being for resort casual as abandoning the concept of optional formal nights. I am for optional formal nights and so is 1 happy cruiser. I would be very happy to share a table with 1 happy cruiser anytime.

I do not find someone being for resort casual as abandoning the concept of optional formal nights. I am for optional formal nights and so is 1 happy cruiser. I would be very happy to share a table with 1 happy cruiser anytime.

But he wants a dress code. this seems to go against the agrument that it s your vacation and you will dress the way you want. I do not understand how someone can say that the "formal'" dress code is horrible, but you can set a lower dress code. I find this argument hypocritical.

It seems that paul929207 has gotten so wrapped up in the formal/casual debate that he's forgotten the original post #1 which suggested a separation between the two. He's so upset about the whole situation he's now twisting words to suite his needs. Maybe some day we can all cruise together at the same table so he can appreciate our mode of dress. (if he could possibly enjoy himself, that is)

It seems that paul929207 has gotten so wrapped up in the formal/casual debate that he's forgotten the original post #1 which suggested a separation between the two. He's so upset about the whole situation he's now twisting words to suite his needs. Maybe some day we can all cruise together at the same table so he can appreciate our mode of dress. (if he could possibly enjoy himself, that is)

I believe it was you who said that people who did not meet your dress code should be banished to the buffet. See your post #233.

I don't understand what the complaining is about? Most people do not get the chance at home to dress up like we can on a cruise. It's special and fun! You don't have to buy a $400 gown.. there are plenty of dresses that are beautiful. If you don't care to dress up, then let other people do it, and stop complaining. I think formal nights are awesome, and people look great! What a wonderful occasion!

If you don't like it, don't freaking participate, or even go to another cruise line that suits your needs. Party poopers.

I apologize if that was mean.. I don't want to be! I just hate when people complain about something they are not forced to do, AND when other cruising options are available.

I don't understand what the complaining is about? Most people do not get the chance at home to dress up like we can on a cruise. It's special and fun! You don't have to buy a $400 gown.. there are plenty of dresses that are beautiful. If you don't care to dress up, then let other people do it, and stop complaining. I think formal nights are awesome, and people look great! What a wonderful occasion!

If you don't like it, don't freaking participate, or even go to another cruise line that suits your needs. Party poopers.

I apologize if that was mean.. I don't want to be! I just hate when people complain about something they are not forced to do, AND when other cruising options are available.

Sounds good to me! :D

I believe it was you who said that people who did not meet your dress code should be banished to the buffet. See your post #233.

If you're talking about post #272, I said "If you care to wear a baseball cap, shorts, bathing suit, bib jeans or whatever then eat at the buffet." I also said "All I'm saying is that there could be a formal dress dr with at least 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise & a casual dress dr for all evenings (just as it exists today). No one gets upset by those not dressing formally & everyone gets to sit in a dining room without having to resort to the buffet." I personally don't care what people wear to the dining room as long as it's neat & clean & my comment was meant to be a compromise as suggested by the OP. If you can't understand that I have no further words for you. It's a shame that you let the suggested dress code bother you all that much and can't deal with even a mention of something different.

Hmm, this seems like the NCL credence. :cool:

Archived