Places to eat in Key West

ugacruisers

The chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick from Kermit's was great. They have samples of most of their products out and I brought home Caesar dressing made with key limes and salsa with key limes - yum!

Just saw a new show on the Foodnetwork and the next time we go, we're going to get some coconut strips at The Art of Baking by Henrietta on Petronia Street. They looked to die for!

Mel

We second the motion for Sloppy Joe's. Its rowdy at times but thats part of the charm. If you're a Jimmy Buffett fan don't miss Margaritaville. There are several others but this is the best in our opinion.:D

Havent been to key west in a couple years now, but PEPE'S is great, looks like a dive from the outside, but they have the best home cooked food, a lot of the locals go there, on thursdays they have "thanksgiving" dinner, Turkey with everything you can imagine, a different special everyday, 7 Fish is wonderful, Camilles on duval is great for breakfast, LA trattora (italian), Blue heaven is great too, roosters running all over the grounds. these are more the out of the way places but by no means hard to get too, they get more of the locals than tourist at these places, dont forget margaritaville's, gotta have a cheeseburger in paradise, Mango's on Duval has the best Key Lime pie, Stay clear of Crabby Dicks, except for maybe drinks, nice atmosphere, but the food is crappy, key lime pie shouldn't be green...

Where is Blue Heaven located in relation to the cruise piers?

Check the link for Blue Heaven on the previous page. I have hoofed down Duval Street from the piers many a time to make it for breakfast. Just walk down Duval St until you get to Petronia then turn right. It's maybe 3 (?) or 4 blocks down and will be on your right. Enjoy!

Check the link for Blue Heaven on the previous page. I have hoofed down Duval Street from the piers many a time to make it for breakfast. Just walk down Duval St until you get to Petronia then turn right. It's maybe 3 (?) or 4 blocks down and will be on your right. Enjoy!

Thanks! I will try Blue Heaven next time I'm in Key West! I thought the menu looked great!

Not that you can go wrong just about anywhere in Key West as far as food and drinks are concerned, but if you are looking for excellent food, Pepe's and Blue Heavean are the way to go.

Sloppy Joe's, Hogs Breath and the like are the typical tourist restaurants that you can find anywhere. The drinks and atmosphere are great, but if you are looking for the local flair, not the place to go.

For drinks, the local hangout is Schooners Wharf. Right on the water near where the snorkeling trips leave from. Food is good too, but not like what you'll find at Pepe's and Blue Heaven.

Just a side note, Blue Heaven does shut down for 3 - 4 weeks in the September/October timeframe for vacation. We almost missed out when we were there last year, left the day after they re-opened.

We were in Key West last month. Mom and I ate at Red Fish Blue Fish. We each ordered a turkey club, then my husband came in just when our food was delivered. The sandwiches and fries were more than the three of us could eat. Very good sandwich, tasty fries made with old bay. and fresh unsweetened iced tea. Debbie.

We are on a limited budget (since we are paying for all 4 of us) and are wanting to eat dinner in KW, someplace not too far from the pier/Mallory Square area.. would love to try Blue Heaven, but with dinners ranging up to $36, its a mite out of our budget. Any other suggestions?

• 8 years later...
Wow someone did some digging. This thread is eight years old. One of the posters is no longer with us.

I think blondgiraffe is just doing a forum search for their business name and advertising they are gonna be back open.........Looks like about 50 miles or so back up towards FL from where the cruise ships dock at though :rolleyes:;)

Margaritaville is on the main street and is as good as any place to grab a nice "Cheesburger in Paradise" and a Margarita:) ...Don't forget the chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick either...Later, Jill:cool:

Please.....eat anywhere but Margaritaville. Buy a t-shirt or a drink. Please don't eat there. And don't use the bathrooms if you can avoid it.:D

I think blondgiraffe is just doing a forum search for their business name and advertising they are gonna be back open.........Looks like about 50 miles or so back up towards FL from where the cruise ships dock at though :rolleyes:;)

Yep, just noticed that. We always did like their Key Lime Pie:) Tavernier is more like 90 miles from Key West ....

Edited by bouhunter

Yes all their posts got deleted- They posted on every thread over on the Key West form-

We are on a limited budget (since we are paying for all 4 of us) and are wanting to eat dinner in KW, someplace not too far from the pier/Mallory Square area.. would love to try Blue Heaven, but with dinners ranging up to $36, its a mite out of our budget. Any other suggestions?

Several of the restaurants along the Historic Seafront Boardwalk (Key West Bight) have great happy hour specials generally from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm. Two of our favorites are Boathouse Bar and Grill and Turtle Kraal 2nd floor deck. Try the Boathouse Bread and fish bites at the former and the Bucket of Bones (ribs) and oysters on the half shell at the latter. Great prices and great food and budget friendly to boot. Enjoy!

Edited by traveling1969

where are you finding enchantment cruises to key west? the only RCL ship that I can find that goes there is Majesty?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Vision is making a stop at KW on some of the 5 day itineraries.

Not that you can go wrong just about anywhere in Key West as far as food and drinks are concerned, but if you are looking for excellent food, Pepe's and Blue Heavean are the way to go.

Sloppy Joe's, Hogs Breath and the like are the typical tourist restaurants that you can find anywhere. The drinks and atmosphere are great, but if you are looking for the local flair, not the place to go.

For drinks, the local hangout is Schooners Wharf. Right on the water near where the snorkeling trips leave from. Food is good too, but not like what you'll find at Pepe's and Blue Heaven.

Just a side note, Blue Heaven does shut down for 3 - 4 weeks in the September/October timeframe for vacation. We almost missed out when we were there last year, left the day after they re-opened.

For drinks etc sloppy joes

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks