Bringing alchohol and cigars on board....

HspncElvis

Currently, they're saying no alcohol in either checked or carry-on luggge. This is a new policy, or at least a tightening of the old one, so stay tuned....

I'v enever seen any prohibition of bringing cigars (as long as they're legal to bring...I wouldn't try to smuggle illegal ones...) I do know that they ask cigar smokeers to limit where they smoke to a few places. Any one else know where...I thought it was the aft deck, and was in the daily as a gathering.

Andrew

Currently, they're saying no alcohol in either checked or carry-on luggge. This is a new policy, or at least a tightening of the old one, so stay tuned....

I'v enever seen any prohibition of bringing cigars (as long as they're legal to bring...I wouldn't try to smuggle illegal ones...) I do know that they ask cigar smokeers to limit where they smoke to a few places. Any one else know where...I thought it was the aft deck, and was in the daily as a gathering.

Andrew

Hi, and thanks for the info.

I figured they would designate certain places to smoke cigars. I'd imagine it's ok to smoke cigars in your cabin.

Thanks again

Glen

It is O.K. to bring Cigars on board and you can purchase them on the ship and in port. Do not assume that it is O.K. to smoke them in your cabin or balcony. Although I was allowed to smoke a cigar on the balcony on some of my cruises, I was not on the Summitt. Of course, my wife would never appreciate me smoking one in the cabin. I think it may have been allowed in some of the cabins, but not all of the cabins.

Although I was allowed to smoke a cigar on the balcony on some of my cruises, I was not on the Summitt.

How were you 'notified' that you could not smoke on your balcony? You should have challenged that, since using your balcony is perfectly fine with Celebrity (your neighbors, on the other hand, might have a different opinion). But again, smoking on your balcony is allowed.

We brought Cuban cigars back onto the Zenith in June while in Bermuda.

Yup. Smoke em' if you got em. You should have no problems bringing Cubans on board the ship. Be advised though, that you could lose em if you try and bring them back in your luggage at the end of your cruise. Customs does keep a keen eye out for these.

Yes Tom, smoking is allowed on balconies and in cabins. We had a cigar smoker next door on a Panama Canal cruise and although I never said anything, I would have cheerfully thrown the guy overboard if I could have. Our cabin reeked for two weeks. An occasional cigar in the distance is one thing, but next door on a cruise ship is like being in the same room.:p

Ohhhh, the touchy subject of alcohol... Just fyi, my DH and I just got back from Infinity and we checked, as part of our luggage, a case of our own wine. We put it in a cardboard box with the styrofoam insert, taped it closed, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our cabin.

I will be on Infinity in October and have previously posted a question about cigars. The replies were helpful and I wasn't even told about someone wishing to throw a cigar smoker over a balcony. ;-)

I'll be bringing cigars with me which I expect to smoke on my balcony. By the way, it doesn't matter what kind of cigars you bring through customs as long as you remove the cigar bands ahead of time. If they aren't labled as Habanos, there's no way to know if they actually are or not.

-Mike

We had a cigar smoker next door on a Panama Canal cruise and although I never said anything, I would have cheerfully thrown the guy overboard if I could have.

OOPS!, I hope it wasn't me.... wait, that was the Mercury cruise, and we weren't neighbors.

I sympathize with those that are not fans of cigar smokers. I really do... If someone does have a problem with it, I would much prefer that they say something (tactfully), rather than suffer in silence.... I try to be a very polite partaker.

I have actually taken the time to watch what happens with the smoke, and, I find that usually, while underway, the smoke doesn't stay around very long. A ship travelling at 25+ knots makes this a reality...unless you might be leaving your balcony door open. Again, it's not a 24/7 proposition so, I think these things should be worked out.

I've been on the balcony enjoying, and when I know that the neighbors come out, I stop, go back in my cabin, and finish later when they have left their balcony.

I realize this is all off topic, sorry.

LOL, no it wasn't you. As I said, if it had been an occasional cigar it wouldn't have bothered us, but unfortunately this guy was smoking them continually. I sometimes wondered if he ever left his cabin because our cabin smelled of cigars the whole trip. We survived.:)

We are booked on Celebrity Constellation 1-8-2007. Does Celebrity allow passengers to bring their own alchohol or cigars on board as long as it's packed in their luggage?

Thank you

Glen and Wendy

cigars are fine; alcohol, I wouldn't try it, but that is up to you. They do have a pre cruise bar set up you can order if you want a bottle or two in your cabin. I will say, the price for the bar set up has gone up 50% about just recently. I have a clinet that ordered the set up in Dec and again last week. She was shocked at the difference.

NMNIta

Ohhhh, the touchy subject of alcohol... Just fyi, my DH and I just got back from Infinity and we checked, as part of our luggage, a case of our own wine. We put it in a cardboard box with the styrofoam insert, taped it closed, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our cabin.

Wine and champange are allowed.

non-smoking cabins fleetwide. Smoking is permitted in cabins and on the balconies.

I find it hard to believe in this day and age that anyone smokes indoors anymore. It seems to me that the last bastions of unfettered smoking are on the beach, on the golf course, and on the smoking sides or decks of cruise ships.

Jim

Problem with the Cigars is that the smoke may be gone but the memory lingers on.

Please, please people don't smoke on the balconies or in the Cabins; you stink up the whole ship for the rest of us.

We were unfortuneate enough to have cigar smokers on either side of our aft balcony on the first week of our constellation B2B and the balcony was almost unuseable at times.

I find it hard to believe in this day and age that anyone smokes indoors anymore. It seems to me that the last bastions of unfettered smoking are on the beach, on the golf course, and on the smoking sides or decks of cruise ships.

Jim

You may find this hard to believe, but there are still many who enjoy smoking. Should everyone quit? Of course and the time will come when smoking will not be allowed almost everywhere, but for now, those who want to smoke in the cabins and balconies can. BTW, no I do not. About the only time I smoke period is when I am playing slots, but I know many who still enjoy or are so hooked they just can't seem to quit. To me anyone under 30 that smokes must have their heads in the ground somewhere, those over 40 that do, know they shouldn't but started before the push to not smoke started. NMNita

Lucky for me, and just about everyone else on the ship, my room is very high and very far back on the ship. The smoke won't bother anyone but those on the balcony of the Penthouse suite - and that balcony is so big I doubt they'll ever notice. But I'll certainly be sensitive to those around and near me. I don't want to ruin anyone else's vacation. Ocassionally smoking a fine cigar is a relaxing and very enjoyable experience to me. I completely understand that many don't share my enjoyment and I always try to minimize the impact my hobby has on non-smokers.

and know that there are people who react violently to anyone who does. Sorry if you don't like the smell of cigars. If you think that you are really alergic to the smoke bring a doctor's note and show it to the person in the offened cabin. I am sure he or she will work out an arrangement with you. Cigar smokers don't smoke them to offend anyone unlike perpetual complainers!

Lucky for me, and just about everyone else on the ship, my room is very high and very far back on the ship. The smoke won't bother anyone but those on the balcony of the Penthouse suite - and that balcony is so big I doubt they'll ever notice. But I'll certainly be sensitive to those around and near me. I don't want to ruin anyone else's vacation. Ocassionally smoking a fine cigar is a relaxing and very enjoyable experience to me. I completely understand that many don't share my enjoyment and I always try to minimize the impact my hobby has on non-smokers.

Good attitude Mike.

I just left my office, walked out to the elevator lobby, sniffed, and as I waited for the elevator, said to myself, "someone's smoking cigars in the building.":( I went down the elevator 14 FLOORS, THROUGH THE LOBBY, AND OUTSIDE, TURNED THE CORNER, and that's where the cigar smoker was, at an outdoor cafe (perfectly legit...). The front door to our building was open, and the smell traveled through the lobby, and right up the elevator shafts....and I don't even have a sensitive nose...!:eek:

All that to say, thanks, Mike, for being a considerate smoker! Cigar smoke/smell doesn't always dissipate that quickly....

Hey, maybe they should reserve those aft balconies for cigar smokers?:D

(Boy, did I just make some enemies....! Just kidding, all you aft lovers...)

Andrew

Archived