conceirge lounge

peanutJMV

thanks

nota diamond member, noly sailed with RCCL X3.

Staying in a balcony.

Maybe we willl sneak in anyway to get a good cup of coffee in the am.

Ha--

thanks again

The Concierge Lounge is locked up and can only be accessed with a special key delivered to the cabins of eligible guests.

So it will be hard for you to sneak in, especial in the am when the Concierge is on duty. My experience is that they know all their guests very well and they make themselves familiar with the faces, so they would recognize you not belonging there.

has the machines to brew cappucino, latte, espresso & regular coffee. Then Chops serves contienental breakfast, lunch with great sandwiches, salad, fruits & cheeses, then hot hor's de hourves with the free cocktails.

When did Chops start serving Continental breakfast, lunch and FREE COCKTAILS?????

When we were on the jewel in April the lounge was not crowded at all...the concierge did get to know every face and most names.

Not sure which I enjoyed more...the early morning coffee without the crowds or the free cocktails.....

Ok ok....the free cocktails ---

Although the computer station is not free it is available most of the time - no waiting and it's quiet during the day and it's more private.

has the machines to brew cappucino, latte, espresso & regular coffee. Then Chops serves contienental breakfast, lunch with great sandwiches, salad, fruits & cheeses, then hot hor's de hourves with the free cocktails.

Translation please. :confused: I thought we were talking about the concierge lounge but CL doesn't have sandwiches or anything else at lunchtime, and the cocktails aren't free in Chops nor does Chops serve continental breakfast Somehow the connecting sentence that might explain all this must be missing.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACOP

Translation please. :confused: I thought we were talking about the concierge lounge but CL doesn't have sandwiches or anything else at lunchtime, and the cocktails aren't free in Chops nor does Chops serve continental breakfast Somehow the connecting sentence that might explain all this must be missing.:rolleyes:

Thanks Bill, I thought maybe it was just ME. I was just about to print that post off, since we will be sailing on Radiance on September 23, and take it with me to Chops and see what kind of reaction I got.;)

We just returned from the Explorer and it was our first time as diamond members and our first experience in the concierge lounge. Our concierge Carlos knows exactly who is supposed to be in there and we saw someone trying to bring a friend in with them and they were turned away. But it really is a great perk, especially the drinks before and after dinner, top shelf cognac, scotch, etc. It was great!

We have DEFINITELY had sandwiches and cookies one afternoon in the Concierge lounge. It may have been that they were leftovers and brought from another function but I know I didn't dream eating those delicate little sandwiches and cookies!:D Sorry, can't remember exactly which ship, but it was either the Jewel or Brilliance transatlantic last year.

This is why I want my inlaws to get a suite as well, so we can ejoy these perks together. My parents don't want to get one, and I can understand that as they wouldn't take advantage of much there.

Anyone know if there are any pics of the lounges posted anywhere?

Heidi

Pics of the Concierge lounge on the Jewel are on my website http://www.gwall.de

I saw mentioned above that there is internet access in the Club. Is this free to guests or is it just an available station and you'd still have to pay for the minutes you use?

We'll be on the Explorer, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

They dont have internet access in the Explorer(or Mariner) concierge lounges.......not sure about the other Voyager class ships......wasnt Diamond when we went on the Voyager. or Navigator..

There was internet access on the Serenade.......maybe its just a Radiance class concierge thing??:confused:

They dont have internet access in the Explorer(or Mariner) concierge lounges.......not sure about the other Voyager class ships......wasnt Diamond when we went on the Voyager. or Navigator..

There was internet access on the Serenade.......maybe its just a Radiance class concierge thing??:confused:

The Radiance class concierge lounges have internet access but it is not free. The Enchantment concierge also has terminals and I think, but am not positive, that Splendour does as well. There are internet terminals available in the Diamond Club on Freedom, but I am not sure if they are present in the Freedom's Concierge club. Perhaps someone who was in a Freedom suite can enlighten us. :)

I have two of my kids with me in our GS and the other one in a D1 with my sister. Please tell me that the kids will be welcome in the CL.

We had access to the CL about three years ago on EOS, and it was never crowded, but based on these post, things must have changed. I may get a slap on the wrist if I bring my third child in, much less my sister.

I have two of my kids with me in our GS and the other one in a D1 with my sister. Please tell me that the kids will be welcome in the CL.

We had access to the CL about three years ago on EOS, and it was never crowded, but based on these post, things must have changed. I may get a slap on the wrist if I bring my third child in, much less my sister.

Kids are welcome up until 530pm.

I somewhat agree with Patrick, your kids in the GS would be invited until 5:30, however I don't think your other child or your sister are eligible, unless they are diamond members.

###

I somewhat agree with Patrick, your kids in the GS would be invited until 5:30, however I don't think your other child or your sister are eligible, unless they are diamond members.

###

If the third child in under 18, he or she should be eligible for the lounge. If the third child is in fact a young adult (over 18), then no he or she would not have access. Usually concierge access is extended to children under 18 travelling with their parents, but that's about the only exception. The sister would not have access in any case (bummer, but them's the rules). Based on the reports, you will have crowds these days. The kids will be welcome, as long as they are with a parent, before 5:30 pm (cocktail time).

beachchick

During the day, crowds are rarely a problem so I don't think the concierge, who is only there for limited hours in the morning and evening anyway, will differentiate between those of your kids who are in the GS and the one who is in a D1. I wouldn't be too concerned because there really isn't much of anything aabout the concierge lounge that will appeal to young kids. It is a nice quiet lounge during the day but there are many other places on the ship that will be much more attractive to your kids.

Our kids liked the lounge during the day. They do have hot chocolate for the kids. They also have some games there. Our kids play chess and it was a nice quiet place to sip coffee and play a game or two.

Here are pics of the lounge:

Explorer:

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soonexplorer/dsc_0500.html

Voyager:

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soon_voyager/dsc_7474.html

Jewel:

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soonjewel_of/dsc_1855.html

Archived