conceirge lounge

peanutJMV

We are staying in the Owners suite 1314 on The Mariner (which is directly above the concierge lounge I think). We have 2 young children, and long gone are the days sipping pre-dinner cocktails at a leisurely pace:rolleyes:!

However, its sometimes nice to sip a glass of wine or champagne on vacation while Im getting ready for dinner and the kids are pottering about playing or watching a movie, this way my husband and I are both relaxed to know they kids are safe and behaving themselves.

My question is, do you think if we explained or situation they might let my husband pop down and bring us both a cocktail to enjoy in the cabin before dinner?

My parants stayed in the exact same suite in March, and in their opinion they thought the concierge would agree to this?

Whats everyone else's opinions??

If you're in an owners suite doesn't that give you automatic entrance to the club?

Heidi

Yes it does.......

We were just in cabin 1330.......the concierge is one deck down. in the middle of the ship,so therefore not right above anyones cabin.........

You are not allowed to take drinks out of the lounge.....we would have if we could,because there were no available seats any night.....they did set up an additional area in the Viking Crown area............

Maybe you should pre order some wine for the cabin so you can enjoy it with the family around

We just returned from the Explorer and it was our first time as diamond members and our first experience in the concierge lounge. Our concierge Carlos knows exactly who is supposed to be in there and we saw someone trying to bring a friend in with them and they were turned away. But it really is a great perk, especially the drinks before and after dinner, top shelf cognac, scotch, etc. It was great!

Judging by how crowded the CL and even the overflow can get, I applaud the Concierge turning away folks bringing friends. See the thread about how crowded the Mariner's CL and overflow were last week: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410889

Diamond folks were unhappy about not being able to use a privledge they earned.

Our kids liked the lounge during the day. They do have hot chocolate for the kids. They also have some games there. Our kids play chess and it was a nice quiet place to sip coffee and play a game or two.

They can also get hot chocolate in the Windjammer and there are card rooms and many other quiet areas where they can do those things if anyone has a problem with them being in the CL. As far as bringing cocktails out of the lounge, it is generally not allowed but if you explain the special circumstances to the concierge you might be given an exemption. On one of our cruises, our concierge mentioned that the biggest problem he had with people taking drinks out of the lounge was that later on during the cocktail hour he began to run short glasses. There is a diswasher in the lounge but if too many people take their drinks outside, it can create a problem. As with most things, it isn't the one person doing something like that that causes the problem but when numbers of people do so, problems occur. It is similar to the question of bringing guests into the lounge. It isn't that one extra person who causes the crowding, but if everyone decides to bring just one extra friend in, the situation gets out of hand. And if you let one person bend the rules, how do you deny the rest from doing the same thing?

Thanks for that thread.

Interestingly enough, I found this post:

image.php?u=119076&dateline=1151273007 MACOP user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_7743318", true);

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

icon1.gifGet a Drink & GO!

There are plenty of seats outside & in the atrium or the bar outside the restaurant. So get the free drink & go get a seat elsewhere. We didn't have to stay in a packed place on Jewel & I expect the same treatment on Freedom if we want to take our drinks to dinner & to the showroom after.

Maybe we could get away with it after all ;)! Worth asking I suppose. If not we'll have to get our own!

Judging by how crowded the CL and even the overflow can get, I applaud the Concierge turning away folks bringing friends. See the thread about how crowded the Mariner's CL and overflow were last week: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410889

Diamond folks were unhappy about not being able to use a privledge they earned.

I would have to think that is mostly due to kids being back to school and most cruises VERY discounted at this time of the year and few kids. Let's face it I am sure that most frequent cruisers probally do not cruise during "peak" time when prices are high. I would bet the CL is full with the diamond folks not suite holders. I would think that most likely changes when you going during school holidays or cruise times that are most likely full with families...ie spring break, Easter, Christmas....ect.

They can also get hot chocolate in the Windjammer and there are card rooms and many other quiet areas where they can do those things if anyone has a problem with them being in the CL.

You have to be kidding me:rolleyes: If I am in an owners suite paying good money and anyone has a problem with my kids being in the CL, they better get over it FAST.

You have to be kidding me:rolleyes: If I am in an owners suite paying good money and anyone has a problem with my kids being in the CL, they better get over it FAST.

The rule for the CL is no children after 5 PM because of the liquor. Before 5, they are allowed. The concierges and their bosses enforce this.

Thanks for that thread.

image.php?u=119076&dateline=1151273007 MACOP user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_7743318", true);

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

There are plenty of seats outside & in the atrium or the bar outside the restaurant. So get the free drink & go get a seat elsewhere. We didn't have to stay in a packed place on Jewel & I expect the same treatment on Freedom if we want to take our drinks to dinner & to the showroom after.

Maybe we could get away with it after all ;)! Worth asking I suppose. If not we'll have to get our own!

On our recent Radiance of the Seas cruise to Alaska there was a sign posted that you could not take drinks out of the lounge....................and we didn't see anyone trying to do it. Cabinmates that were not Diamond were not allowed in the lounge either. The first night the concierge checked your name against a list. My dad was staying with me (and not Diamond) and I was told that he was not eligible to use the lounge. This was OK with us. If everyone brought a friend/relative there wouldn't be room for those who are entitled to use the lounge.

I do like the idea of a sticker or such on your SeaPass card for a complimentary drink during "Happy Hour".

I would have a problem with you bringing your kids in after 5.......and I dont have to get over it.........

Rules are rules and you are no exemption......sorry.........

the CL was packed, so they opened a 2nd place in the Hollywood on 14, but just about everyone was on 10 with "Paul". We got our cocktail & out the door we went & came back in dropped off the dirty glass for another tumbler & if not done by dinnertime, we took it with us. Brought it back after dinner for our show drink. Even the hor de horves were gone & the waiter serving the food up there is on duty in Chops on Jewel, so too bad.

Thanks for that thread.

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The rule for the CL is no children after 5 PM because of the liquor. Before 5, they are allowed. The concierges and their bosses enforce this.

If the rule is no kids after 5pm then I understand and would not expect any special treatment. But if anyone has a problem before 5, they should not be on a ship like Mariner that caters to "families".

With that kind of attitude you probably will find a problem. :rolleyes: The lounge is really not much of an attraction for kids, and before 5pm, I doubt that anyone would have a problem with your kids, assuming that they are well-behaved and not disruptive but everyone on the ship has paid good money for their cruise and deserves just as much respect as you seem to think that being in an owners suite entitles you to. :rolleyes:

With that kind of attitude you probably will find a problem. :rolleyes: The lounge is really not much of an attraction for kids, and before 5pm, I doubt that anyone would have a problem with your kids, assuming that they are well-behaved and not disruptive but everyone on the ship has paid good money for their cruise and deserves just as much respect as you seem to think that being in an owners suite entitles you to. :rolleyes:

My kids have traveled more and been to finer establishments than most adults. I think my 8 yr old daughter can probally order from the wine list at this point. In any case enjoy:)

My kids have traveled more and been to finer establishments than most adults. I think my 8 yr old daughter can probally order from the wine list at this point. In any case enjoy:)

Dont even know what to say about that remark......an 8 yr old that knows her wine?? Whatever!:cool:

I just sailed on AOS and had use of the concierge lounge. This was a full ship and the lounge never was crowded. There was always a place to sit. DeeDee, the concierge, was fantastic.

I did bring in my MIL to see the lounge during off hours. She was interested in seeing it to determine whether or not she would book a suite on her next cruise. She did not consume anything, just looked. It was like showing a model home. The peek lasted no more than 2 minutes. The coffee maker just about sold her on the service.

I am totally new to this so bear with me.

We (my husband, 17 yo, 11 yo and me) are cruising Explorer with my parents in December and have booked the Royal Family Suite. We were pleased to pay the price for this cabin because of the perks of the CL. I'm a little disheartened to read what is included in the CL though as it is NOT what the reservationist (we booked through RCI) told us when we booked. He told us that we get free drinks at the self serve bar 24 hours a day and we thought this was GREAT and well worth the price difference in the suite! My dad pointedly asked the gentleman if he could take drinks out of the lounge and was told yes. My dad was excited about this as the lounge is not far from our suite and he enjoys a little Bailey's in his morning coffee while on vacation. Now reading all your posts I see that it's free drinks IN the lounge only between 5:30-8:30pm. :mad: Everything else he told us seems to be on par with what was posted on here....now I have to break the news to my dad that the free drinks are as plenty as we thought. :(

I must say I do love this message board as I have been able to get a wealth of info from you all! THANKS!

Archived