Welcome to new posters

Sage

There are so many new names on the board, so I would just like to say welcome to those who are new. We love to share our cruise knowledge, even though heated at times, and urge those new posters to share their experiences or ask those questions. Again welcome.

Welcome new members and especially a big welcome to Aussie jb (Debbie) who comes from my home town.

Debbie when are cruising and on what ship? You will find a wealth information on these boards and you will also have some fun.

Jennie

Hi Jennie, we're on the Volendam - Sept. 8th and really looking forward to it. Saying that these boards are a wealth of information is an understatement. :) I'm even looking forward to the next cruise and we havent even got on this one yet.

Debbie

Hello S7S,

I wanted to know if the Amsterdam has gone through her "Signature of Excellence".:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if she has done this?:cool:

We travel on her April 15,05 from Chile - Seattle and was wondering.:D

Thank you for your time and interest in the above.:) :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for the nice welcome. I don't feel like the new kid in class any more. lol lol.:) I am learning so much from you guys, and I truely appreciate all your help, the wonderful reveiws,secrets,etc.:D

Debbie,

Cruising is catching for sure. We have already done one this year (Tahiti), our next is in October (Europe) and we have already booked our July 2005 (Transatlantic) and January 2006 cruises.(South America).

I can think of at least another three I want to do in the next couple of years - Alaska,

Panama and the Amazon.

Life is great but time marches on and there isn't enough of it.

Jennie

A big welcome to all new posters and also to lurkers. Come join us, we don`t bite...honest!!...jean

Weeeeellllll, a few have nipped a bit;) , but not so it really hurts. Thanks for the welcome! I've been on here for awhile, but this is the first welcome message so I'll take it:) .

The only problem with these boards is there's so much information and it's almost addictive to check out each new thread. We've been cruising since the 80's, but there's always something new to learn. I value all the info you folks have for those of us who only get to cruise once a year.

There are so many new names on the board, so I would just like to say welcome to those who are new. We love to share our cruise knowledge, even though heated at times, and urge those new posters to share their experiences or ask those questions. Again welcome.

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

I am relatively new poster here and absolutely new cruiser to the HAL.

I also want to say Welcome to Lois R who I know very well from Celebrity board and who is one of the nicest posters on CC!

Thanks for explaining for me, Maureen.

As to Signature of Excellence on all the ships....it is not yet complete on any of them but there have been some starts. It will take months more for it all to be phased in on Amsterdam and all the "dam" ships.

I know I had an e-mail that mentioned a ship that would have her improvements completed first (among the first?) but I cannot remember which. I'll look back to see if I still have the e-mail.

Tatka..THANK YOU:) .....and to Sage..... thank you too:D .

I am not new to cruising but definitely new to HAL...will be booking my first HAL CRUISE today!

It is nice to feel welcomed....and I am sure I will have a few questions before I sail.

I go solo and I must say......HAL's prices are unbelievably low for us solo cruisers:) .

Hoping the experience is really good too!

Hello everyone! I still have not booked yet,but the posts that I have read on the Maasdam have been great.The itinerary is one we have never done.The menu posted sounds fab.If Celeb doesn't give us a great deal on the Zenith to Bermuda,DH and I will definetly be converting.Tried to book Bermuda cruise last month while on Summit,but schedule was not out,looking for that on board credit.The room sizes on HAL appear to be larger then on Celebrity too. I think what we feared most about HAL was the age group,but that fear has faded by reading these boards.No matter what line you take off season will always have an older crowd,and during anytime schools are out the ages will be younger.Thanks for all your help so far. Ann

Don't fear the age group... You said it right, during the school vacation it will be a good mix of all ages, just like it was on Celebrity.

We are 32, 32 and 12 . ;)

I wanted to thankyou all for the great job you do in getting us "newbies"

the information we are seeking.

I have learned so much in planning our first cruise ever.

We are on the Volendam 's July 28 Inside Passage Cruise.

My parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary aboard.

I hear that some ships will be stopping in Campbell River next year.(Not sure which line)

I love watching as they pass by us here and cant wait to be waving to my friends from aboard.

Thanks again,

Brenda in Campbell River

Thank you. It was nice of you to notice that there are newbies here, including myself. Even though we have cruised several times before, there are still a lot of things we ( Bill & I) do not know and we have found several helpful tips by reading the boards.

Di

Archived