Houston building a "state of the art" cruise terminal?? (Merged threads)

CruisinOnWheels

• 4 weeks later...
Has there been no new news on contract negotiations? Has anyone read or heard anything new??

I asked Harry Shattuck (Houston Chronicle) that exact question when he was on board the Carnival Freedom just a few weeks ago. He said that there was nothing new to report on that front...

"As of now, we don't currently have plans to return to Houston"

Susan Robison NCL

It will be at least a decade if ever an MSC ship sails from Galveston. The fact that Bayport is dangling MSC says more about their desperation than a deal being in the works.

I'll go out on a limb....NCL will be the first line to sail a ship from Bayport and they will get one sweet deal for doing it.

"If you build it...they will come" but they won't rush because they hold all the cards.

"As of now, we don't currently have plans to return to Houston"

Susan Robison NCL

It will be at least a decade if ever an MSC ship sails from Galveston. The fact that Bayport is dangling MSC says more about their desperation than a deal being in the works.

I'll go out on a limb....NCL will be the first line to sail a ship from Bayport and they will get one sweet deal for doing it.

"If you build it...they will come" but they won't rush because they hold all the cards.

I agree... NCL... and it's going to cost Bayport plenty to buy out the contract for one of the NCL ships to relocate, even if only on a seasonal basis...

While on the Conquest Valentine week, I was talking with a TA and she had heard that NCL was working on a deal. Now who do we believe!

Dave

I recall, from one of Harry Shattuck's previous articles, that Bayport was pretty actively pursuing NCL. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if NCL was the first cruise line to occupy a berth at the new terminal.

Actually, I haven't sailed NCL.....but, my brother sailed both of the ole NCL tubs that sailed from Barbours Cut

I haven't sail NCL either. I looked into sailing NCL in Hawaii but the cast is high and I've heard alot of problems on those ship. I will try NCL or any ship out of Bayport if and when they are scheduled, unless I have one booked.

Dave

Just glad that NCL started the trend of sailing from Texas with the Texiribbean cruises. It certainly opened the door for Carnival and the others that followed.

They were fine cruises and hopefully they will come back. Rumor has them completely leaving the Hawaii market.

Actually, I haven't sailed NCL.....but, my brother sailed both of the ole NCL tubs that sailed from Barbours Cut

Definitely sarcasm.

The Sun was built in 2000 which makes it 9 years younger than the Ecstasy sailing out of Galveston which was built in 1991.

Dave

Took me a little longer than the weekend, but I have added a marker to my Bayport Cruise Terminal Map for Space Center Houston. Looks pretty close to the terminal, relatively speaking! :)

Theron

It's quite close via Hwy 146 South and NASA Parkway West - about a fifteen-minute drive - and there are LOTS of motels/hotels, restaurants in that area plus a large mall nearby. NOW ALL WE NEED IS A SHIP!!!

Archived