*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

Early DInner now being served and what a nerve they deserve a winner.

Getting lei'ed is better than being dismayed.. at least not the slammer when your hammered. Moulah at the luau and not the hooskow.. Hmmm just thinking of that GINGErrrrr I had to rant as its a pretty fine plant.:eek:

Those Lucky Dam SpamDammers...

Hammered?* Possibly...

Lei'd?* Definately!

(Tonite is their Luau)

:D

Just sticking my head in quick to say "hi."

We're getting ready to head out for touring of Oahu with AlohaPride. :)

It looks like it's going to be a LOVELY day.

The Luau last night was really nice ... big big affair. Nice food, though some of it didn't agree with some of us. I enjoyed it, though, and the floor show was good.

Dan has some photos to share. So do I ... but his are better. :)

I'll process and post a few tonight, if there's time. If not ... there are 5 days at sea going home ahead of us! :D

Wish all of you were here.

Must scoot!

Mahalo!

Rev. Neal, Ruth et al... Don't understand how I've overlooked this thread :confused: but just caught up with all 15 pages...Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us poor folk back home..Wish we were with you..

Is your "stowaway" still with you or was he quarantined in Hawaii..Would enjoy seeing a pic of him..Loved all the pics...

Ruth HAL should give you a big box of chocolates as compensation.. DH is also a chocoholic & gets all of mine & our friends pillow chocolates every night..He would be really upset if they were not there...;)

Hope you all have a great time & enjoy the rest of your cruise..

Aloha & Happy sailing:) Betty

Nice food, though some of it didn't agree with some of us.

Mahalo!

Perhaps Too Much Poi???

Couldn't have been the SPAM...

:rolleyes:

(To paraphrase Gussie in "Mr Blanding's Builds His Dream House"...)

"IF It Ain't SPAM, It Ain't HAM!"

:D

OMG! I had soooo much fun the past 2 days!! I will try to write later, but I just wanted to let everyone know how much fun I had today and last night with those on the Voyage of the Spammed AND how grateful I am that they allowed me to tag along!!

I have pictures and will post them when I get available time. But now, it's off for a long hot shower!

~Mary

Obriendam, the pictures are all my dreams of Hawaii. So much fun to get in from work and catch up....with all the beautiful and happy times. I log off with a smile.

Blessings to all and that guy in the middle, with the blue flowered shirt. :)

Gail

And some pictureas from yesterday. The Island Princess is where we wish we were but they got there first:( .

Great photos, thank you so much for posting them.

During this past Christmas/New Year's cruise the Amsterdam also got the "secondary berth" and I believe that it was again a Princess ship that was docked at Aloha Tower.

Maybe Hawaii just doesn't like HAL?:D

Valerie:)

Love seeing the pictures! You're really there:) .

Mary, can't wait to get the scuttlebutt about this raucous group:D .

I think who gets to dock and who gets to tender also has something to do with who's willing to pay the most and some other behind the scenes stuff that I've forgotten. But some lines, and even some specific ships, get preferential treatment. I was told that at one port where we were first and then along came a Royal Caribbean ship and they got the dock.

In fact when we were on Celebrity Summit, the Celebrity Mercury got preferential treatment and docked while we were the farthest out in the harbor.

Love seeing the pictures! You're really there:) .

Mary, can't wait to get the scuttlebutt about this raucous group:D .

I think who gets to dock and who gets to tender also has something to do with who's willing to pay the most and some other behind the scenes stuff that I've forgotten. But some lines, and even some specific ships, get preferential treatment. I was told that at one port where we were first and then along came a Royal Caribbean ship and they got the dock.

In fact when we were on Celebrity Summit, the Celebrity Mercury got preferential treatment and docked while we were the farthest out in the harbor.

I know that I have posted this before but still the "docking thing" reminded me of it again:

Back in 1998 we were on the Rotterdam's Innaugural GWV and stopped in Fiji. We had been racing the QEII across the Pacific and managed to dock in Suva while Her Majesty was obliged to tender.

As we were preparing to leave Suva The Royal Fijian Police Band came marching down the street in full regalia (and looking very impressive I must say) and they serenaded us as we left port with Rule Britannia. I just hope that the passengers aboard the QEII were able to hear the music which was obviously intended for them.:D

I know that I have posted this before but still the "docking thing" reminded me of it again:

Back in 1998 we were on the Rotterdam's Innaugural GWV and stopped in Fiji. We had been racing the QEII across the Pacific and managed to dock in Suva while Her Majesty was obliged to tender.

As we were preparing to leave Suva The Royal Fijian Police Band came marching down the street in full regalia (and looking very impressive I must say) and they serenaded us as we left port with Rule Britannia. I just hope that the passengers aboard the QEII were able to hear the music which was obviously intended for them.:D

Funny story! Always a good time when local bands come out and serenade the ships' pax. Whenever you take a cruise to Russia (or some of it's former Soviet states like the Ukraine) you usually find a Russian military band on the dock playing great music.:) In Sep on Prinsendam in Invergordon, Scotland, we had a local pipe band serenading us out. Steel bands in places like Trinidad and the Dutch Antilles, just good stuff!

Archived