*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

I agree, Heather, the small chatter is great!

Ruth, I wonder who the angel's were on either side of you rooting for one dessert over the other....If I had been there I would have simply said "Get Both!" After all, one was basically calorie free and the other was full of calories, so wouldn't they have evened out? ;)

Yesterday was, truly, an AMAZING day at sea! The waters were like glass for much of the day, with next to nothing in the swell department. At times it was difficult to tell that one was at sea ... the ship was so calm we could have been docked!

It was a lovely day. For myself, I spent it (1) working out in the gym and walking 4 miles on Promenade; (2) reading a book, (3) making some notes for a book I'm working on, (4) photographing the lovely seas, (5) chatting with CCer friends, (6) eating lunch with ccer friends, (7) chatting with a few ship's officers over coffee in the Explorations Cafe, and in general having a glorious time. I even found time, mid-afternoon, to grab a nice, quiet, relaxing nap.

Last night was enjoyable. A big group of us who eat at 8 pm met up in the Crows Nest for cocktails and conversation. We then waddled down to the Main Dining Room and enjoyed a lovely Dutch and/or Indonesian dinner. For myself, I ate an exotic, Hawaiian/Italian Fusion dish which was spicy and quite filling.

After dinner some of us made our way forward to watch the show ... ugh, it wasn't as good as the previous night's entertainment. After that Christopher and I sauntered back to the Piano Lounge and joined Ruth at "Request" hour. I must say, RuthC (aka "Ruthless") knows more obscure songs than anybody I know ... and I had thought that Christopher knew quite a bunch!!!

I suppose I turned in around 12:30 or so, and slept like a baby. During the night the Zaandam picked up some lovely swell, and today we have quite a bit more motion than yesterday. We still don't have much wave action -- The Ship's Status channel gives the sea state as "Slight" and Force 3 winds. But the swells are beginning to make the ship rock fore-aft in a lovely motion. :) We're just a few hundred miles out of Hilo at the present time, and the captain has slowed us down to about 17 knots. It makes for a nice, leisurely cruise.

Today began with a nice 4 mile walk on the promenade, followed by a very very lite breakfast. I intend to eat some burgers for lunch ... I've found myself craving a hamburger, so I'm gonna do it. :) And why not? Thus far I've not gained an ounce ... though, I must admit, I've not lost anything either.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of the morning and all the afternoon. I might nap a bit earlier than normal because we've got an Informal Night with cocktails a little earlier than normal. Between now and lunch, though I'm going to do some reading.

Tonight we have our Group Cocktail Party in the Explorer's Lounge from 5:30 - 6:15, followed by a group dinner in the Pinnacle Grill at 6:30 pm. This should be VERY nice. :)

So...the extended forecast for the week looks good. Tomorrow we should have rain on Oahu (not sure about Hawaii "big island"). The rest of the week seems to be partly cloudy. YAY! Plus, the VOG should be gone by Friday or Saturday.

I know no one is interested, but I couldn't think of anything else to say. I just wanted to bring this to the top so the SpamDammers don't waste precious minutes searching for their thread. :o

This is the way it's supposed to be---the seas continue to be smooth as glass, the sky is blue, weather warm. The CC company is fantistic.

My toilet is fixed (let's hope for good) and all is right in my Zaandam little world.

I've finally gotten into my shipboard schedule---awake at night and up by the crack of noon. Tomorrow reality returns as once again it's up and at 'em when we dock in Hilo.

Yes, the stowaway is a little bird abaord; he might be very glad when we dock, too. Seems he came aboard in Mexico when the ship was on the 4-day charter. He didn't get off in time, so stayed on for the ride. Birdie has been earning his passage by eating the crumbs that fall on the aft deck. I do hope that bird didn't get fond of Mexican food. :rolleyes:

Tonight the CC'ers are meeting for a cocktail party, then some of us will dine at the Pinnacle.

Our little world is wonderful.

Did I mention that.... Nevermind; I'm betting someone else will tell you. ;)

So...the extended forecast for the week looks good. Tomorrow we should have rain on Oahu (not sure about Hawaii "big island"). The rest of the week seems to be partly cloudy. YAY! Plus, the VOG should be gone by Friday or Saturday.

I know no one is interested, but I couldn't think of anything else to say. I just wanted to bring this to the top so the SpamDammers don't waste precious minutes searching for their thread. :o

Thanks so much Mary for "bumping" the thread. There are an awful lot of us on the board who are following the "Voyage of The Spammed" with a great deal of interest (oh, and envy also;) ).

Valerie:)

Yesterday was, truly, an AMAZING day at sea! The waters were like glass for much of the day, with next to nothing in the swell department. At times it was difficult to tell that one was at sea ... the ship was so calm we could have been docked!

It was a lovely day. :)

Hi Greg,

I am so happy to hear that you and the other "SpamDammers" are having such a wonderful cruise. Enjoy - especially you Greg since you worked so hard to get everything together for the group.

Okay, I have been nice and polite (even though I am as envious as heck:D ), so to get down to the nitty gritty: just enjoy yourselves but remember to leave the ship in halfway decent shape and get your rear ends back ASAP because there is another CC group who are anxious to board ship as soon as you deboard (is that actually a real word?).

Seriously, continue to have a wonderful, wonderful cruise and enjoy every single minute.

Valerie

Yes, the stowaway is a little bird abaord; he might be very glad when we dock, too. Seems he came aboard in Mexico when the ship was on the 4-day charter. He didn't get off in time, so stayed on for the ride. Birdie has been earning his passage by eating the crumbs that fall on the aft deck. I do hope that bird didn't get fond of Mexican food. :rolleyes:

Aren't pets quarantined upon arrival in Hawaii? :D

Aren't pets quarantined upon arrival in Hawaii? :D

Yes, usually, unless your pet has gone through about 4 months of intensive vet visits in the states before hand (shots, blood tests, and the like). Then they don't have a very long stay in quarantine. Other than that, I believe the stay is something like 12-16 weeks. It's a VERY long time...I can't remember how long Tiff was in when my DGM moved here.

Ruth, this last cliffhanger was just MEAN! Why do you do that to us? It's not like we are on the ship enjoying ourselves!! Ugh!!

Thanks for the posts!

This is better than reading a good novel or watching reality TV. What a great treat to hear about a cruise in progress and thank you for sharing with us! I'm looking forward to the next installment. Keep an eye out for that stowaway! :)

Having a nice dinner now then a show?

Has the Ghost of Droste been seen by many?

So gald the Dam ship is going well and slowing down since you near land and Hilo..

Is everyone going to have a one Hilo of a time?

:eek:

Scotty just called as the Captain made the announcement that folks could now go ashore this am in Hilo...

The'yre having a wonderful time - he has a nice little outside stateroom on Lower Promendade Deck aft all to himself - he has a great cabin steward, the food is good and the bartenders all know him by name now*;)

Apparently, the F&B was on Noordam for the inaugural and was promoted into this position on Zaandam.

He's had a couple of massages in the spa already - I think he likes the masseur...*;)

He did mention that he prefers the layout of the Piano Bar on Noordam to that on Zaandam:* there's no seating around the piano on this ship and it's much more open to folks passing by which makes it somewhat less "clubby". *From my experience on Amsterdam I must say I agree w/ him on this...

He likes the entertainers in the Crow's Nest tho I didn't catch their names - nor did I catch the name of the CD although he's Canadian and apparently alot like ACD Brandon from Noordam (& Volendam before that, as an entertainer...) - very nice, funny and energetic.

I'm sure we'll hear more from the CC'ers over the next few days now that they're island hopping!:)

Archived