*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

Oh it looks like so much fun. Loved the report on the HOT hor'doevers with the Spammy picture. Loved all the pictures and I think you're very correct about names and pictures, you just never know.

Your reports take us with you on a near perfect (nothing is perfect, overcooked steak will happen, we all know) cruise. Thank you so much!

Greg, I just love seeing the Big Island. It makes me feel Home sick for one of my favorite places. Before getting addicted to cruising this would be one of my favorite sights.:)

Before I began cruising I took what was without a doubt my best vacation to date. I attended the Maui Writer's Conference and Retreat. Twelve days on Maui ... wonderful classes and seminars every day ... time to do a few excursions ... see a bit of the island. I only wish I could have stayed over after the conference and visited some of the other islands, but sadly my schedule at that time just didn't allow for it.

I only wish I could spend some serious time in Hawaii ... not just the day or so on each island that a cruise gives you. But, sadly, I don't think I could handle that flight any longer. It darned near killed me back in 2001.

Hawaii is without a doubt the most beautiful state in our Union ... at least that's my humble opinion.

Blue skies ...

--rita

It is wonderful to hear that you are having a great time together on the Voyage of the Spammed! I was thinking about you all, particularly when someone on our FOS ROLL CALL mentioned it was snowing in Chicago and may snow in Ohio -- look at you all, basking in that Hawaiian sunshine!

Thanks, Greg, for taking everyone along with you on this voyage -- we are enjoying every minute of it!

Laura

Weather Update: Water froze in our garden fountain last night. It's waaaaay too early for this. Today I am going to pretend I am on Oahu with Mary, while nibbling a fig.

Weather Update: Water froze in our garden fountain last night. It's waaaaay too early for this. Today I am going to pretend I am on Oahu with Mary, while nibbling a fig.

We about froze to death this morning we awakened and it was 72*f! It will only get in the 90's today.:eek: Don't know if we can take it, glad we leave for Hawaii in 18 days. :D I know all these CC'ers will have the staff all warmed up and ready for us ;)

I'll take the snow over tornados. Here in Memphis, it was in the 30s this morning, our first really cool day. It was cool enough this morning thawhen the alarm went off, instead of bouncing up and all over me, the dogs waved their paws for "five more minutes." Should we wish cool weather on the spam-dammers?

Kakalina, I really didn`t need that!! 30 deg yesterday in Central Ohio, snow in the North, but we had a tornado touch down on Wednesday, which destoyed many homes.............jean:cool:

Hi Jean, How've you been? I am sorry to hear about the homes destroyed that is terrible. Luckily we don't have much bad weather other than extreme heat.

Yes. The elevation is what helps.

As in Africa the snow is not as much as before though.

Like bread there is a knead.

A need also of the FCC for a decision on Bell South and the New AT&T too.

There are always many types of needs.. and seeds, but are there snow seeds?

Aloha from Honolulu! What a LOVELY Day it is! We pulled into the harbor and docked at Pier 2 at 7 am and the ship was cleared for people to go ashore at 7:45.

It's sunny, warm, and humid ... but the breeze is lovely. I spent part of the morning over at the Aloha Tower shopping area going from store to store looking for a new muumuu for my mother. No luck in finding one I think she'd like, but I did find some "interesting" wood worked figured engaged in certain unmentionable acts. Christopher warned me that he would tell my congregation what I had bought if I had actually bought them, so I didn't. :)

Tonight we have our wonderful Luau at Germaines. I'm looking forward to it. And, for any Spamdammers reading this ... the pickup point is the Pier 2 Guard shack! It's a LONG way to go to get to the Hula Girl at the Aloha Pier ... while doable for going to the Luau, it would be difficult to negotiate that long 1.5 mile walk at 10 pm to get back, so they're going to pick us up and let us off at the guard shack. Thank God!

Tomorrow Mary takes us around this lovely Island! I can hardly wait!!!!

Thank you, one and all, for your wonderful words in response to this thread and our reports from the Zaandam. I have encouraged Ruth to keep posting, even if we duplicate our remarks ... because it never hurts to have multiple reports on the same thing. :)

If I have missed answering any questions, I'm sorry. Once posting is cheap (i.e., when I get home) if there are any questions I have missed I'll try to answer them. :)

*SNOW* Lake effect snow 2 feet deep in Buffalo, NY. MI had it too lots on the Upper Penninsula too . In Buffalo the Snow weight caused large aircraft yes 707 727 747 to tip up on the rear wheels like a wheely on a motor bike... *YIKES*

A lot of housing electric is down as there are so many frowns now in town..

But The Jolly SpammDammers are going to get hammered....:eek:

Ain't nothing wrong with getting Lei'd in Hawaii, it's tradition!:)

God I remember the first time I got off the plane and one of the lovely young ladies native to the area offered me a Lei . I remember thinking to myself "God I love Vegas !!!"LOL*

I hear when you go to Hawaii , they but a pretty garland of flowers around your neck....That sounds nice too :) :) :)

God I remember the first time I got off the plane and one of the lovely young ladies native to the area offered me a Lei . I remember thinking to myself "God I love Vegas !!!"LOL*

I hear when you go to Hawaii , they but a pretty garland of flowers around your neck....That sounds nice too

Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

;) :rolleyes: ;)

Rev,

We are really enjoying your travel diary of this cruise. Never wanted to do this one, but it does sound very relaxing!

Anyway, you said you were looking for muumuus. There is a great store in north of Kailua-Kona called Noa Noa. It's really their waarehouse, but they have the greatest clothes for men and women and kids. They're made out of colorful Indonesian batik print cloth in all cotton or rayon. They have stores in Lahina, Honolulu, and the Waikoloa Beach Resort Shops further north of Kailua-Kona, but the prices are much more. So ask about how to get to their warehouse store. Sorry I don't have the addess, but it's out north on the way to the airport, not too far from port.

Once you see these clothes, you will buy - I do every time I visit Kona!

Here's the link for the store in Honlululu, but there actually is more selection at the warehouse store:

http://www.pax7.net/articles/NoaNoa.html.en

Happy shopping!:D

Archived