Amerisuites Question

doone

hi Doone:) you can pick up the water taxi across the street...a few blocks down I think.

It doesn't pick up at Amerisuites.....( I know that for sure)....its not too far though...and you can take a stroll along 17th Street along your way.
.... click on [url="http://www.watertaxi.com"]www.watertaxi.com[/url] and click on Ft. Lauderdale. It will give you information on where the drop off and pick ups are available.

Lois, thanks so much for the information. I am still waiting and hoping to get a room with priceline in the beach zone, but if not, I am going to book the Amerisuites. Thanks again so much.

Doone, you might wish to book a refundable back up hotel at Amerisuites on valuetrip.com. You should not have to give your credit card. This hotel is about a 5-6 block walk from the 17th. Street Bridge. You can cross the street at the bridge and go to the Mariott Marina, walk out by the pool, and pick up the Water Taxi right there on their dock. It is a great and cheap way to tour and get around while in FLL. On the return, stop across the waterway at the Hyatt, and go to the top of the tower to the revolving lounge for a beautiful sunset view. We felt pretty safe walking back to the hotel from there even at dusk. We have stayed at Amerisuites, Wyndham Airport and Doubltree Galleria near the beach. All were worth the money bid on Priceline.
Bon Voyage.

Nanatraveler, thanks so much for the advice, I think I will book a back up hotel. I did last year and then got my bid accepted at the Marriott, I was happy with that.

Thanks everyone. These boards are so great.

Stay all the time at the Amerisuites because I can leave the car there while cruising. Yes, it's a long 4 blocks to the water taxi. The pick up spot for the taxi is right underneath the17th St. bridge.

Hi..yes, I stayed there in May 2003....drove down and left my car there for the week:)
Took the shuttle they offered to get to the port...but when we arrived back I took a cab back to the hotel...it was about 5.00.

Archived