Do you exercise on vacation

bajathree

I am just curious. How many of you still exercise when you are on vacation? I walk 4-5 miles 4-5 times a week but never exercise when I am away. RC seems to be building bigger gyms on their ships, so am I the only one that doesn't use the gym when I am away?

I am just curious. How many of you still exercise when you are on vacation? I walk 4-5 miles 4-5 times a week but never exercise when I am away. RC seems to be building bigger gyms on their ships, so am I the only one that doesn't use the gym when I am away?

I actually find it easier to exercise ... with the time constraints of work and other duties vanished for a few days. We don't hit the gym that often, but hitting the walking track area, using the stairs a great deal of the time rather than the elevators, etc. It is not 4-5 miles a day, but more than at home!

No--I've never been in the gym! I walk alot, and quite quickly, I might add, but as far as planned "exercise"--it's not something I enjoy! I push a lawnmower, dig in the yard, go up and down stairs countless times a day. I will use an exercise ball and I dance. But go to a gym and have to pack tennis shoes? No Way!!!

I pack the running shoes and one or two workout outfits. In the mornings I like

to get up and use the track, especially sea days. I'll try to hit the

gym for an elliptical machine or weights a couple of times. I don't go

at it as hard on vacation, but I do try to get it in most days.

If I work out I seem to have more energy to stay up later with DH:)

I like to excercise more when on the ship, as they have beautiful gyms and one can walk on the treadmill, while gazing at the sea. It's invigorating. We are also those crazy people who do anything we can to earn ShipShape dollars. :)

DH and I use the gym and the walking track. He was a shipshape dollar fiend! I did blow off "walk a mile" for bingo, twice. :p

At the end of the cruise DH got a backpack and a t-shirt with the ss dollars we collected.

Sher

I would love to continue my routines while aboard ship. However, until self serve laundries become available I don't. I run hard and have no desire to either have sweaty clothes around the cabin or to be washing stuff out in the sink. And don't bother telling me about RCI's "reasonable" laundry services. A pair of socks, shorts, and t-shirt will cost over $7.00 to wash. $7.00 per run is not my idea of reasonable.

yes - the spin classes on Jewel were great. I also like the view from the elipticals - keeps me motivated. and we walk as much as possible. still doesn't completely counter the effects of too much food and wine but makes me feel a little better about it!!

We might hit the gym a couple of times and always use the jogging track/promenade deck for a couple of miles a day We also use the stairs whenever possible and do active excursions most of the time. In port, we'd rather walk to beaches or shopping areas when safe and possible.

This keeps my weight gain to a couple pounds on a week cruise, and I tend to eat a LOT on cruises.

I actually enjoy working out while on the ship. I found on my last cruise I was up early anyway and really enjoyed running on the treadmills either watching the vast ocean before us, or watching as we pulled into port. I find I have so much more energy for the rest of the day, plus don't feel so bad about having a few indulgencies like the fresh baked cookies!

As for the workout clothes, I usually bring 3 or 4 outfits and on the last trip, I sent them out to be cleaned because I worked out every day. The cost was so nominal that it was worth it! Who wants to do their own laundry when on vacation. I'd rather use that time to work out and let someone else deal with the sweaty socks!

I do....... walking all over the stores to find the right souvenier to take home...... kicking my legs from here to kingdom come snorkling :) and the hardest workout of all........walking all the way to the spa for my massage :D

Actually I do try to get on the treadmill and walk but then they announce the poolside bar-b-q or some other buffet or meal and "so much for that" kicks in.........

:D FREEDOM

No, but planned on walking every morning with friends and it just didn't happen. Even brought workout clothes and everything, but we were on vacation and it felt so good not to do!

I walked too much anyways on the ship, since it's so big and I took the stairs most always and not the elevator!

I do walk the promenade deck at least twice during the week and might get on the cross trainer once. I definitely don't work out as hard on vacation as I do at home! DH is in the gym 2 or 3 times during the week.

We always take the stairs and I think this helps a lot as we never gain weight-(a few cruises I even lost weight!:D )

I try to exercise at least on sea days, but it doesn't always work out as planned. Hopefully I can stick to my plan during my cruise next month, and hopefully I can take the spin class as well. But if I miss the gym I am sure I will burn up some calories doing other extracurricular activities!;)

Archived