"Senior Rates" on RCI Website

Age does have its advantages.. I've never booked a cruise directly with any cruise line (in over 20 years) but DH wanted to take me on a belated b'day cruise in January if it wasn't gonna break the bank for Alaska in June... I gotta tell you that the RCI website has some awesome senior rates for those 55+ this winter on Sovereign and the "regular" rates aren't bad either... I may be lookin' here in the future.

Has anyone else had good luck booking directly with RCI rate-wise??? These senior rates don't apply to every category and I think they must limit number of cabins but still...

For the seniors that got this they are lucky. We were in a balcony room on the Jewel and couldnt get that senior discount for our sailing last week. They were offering that discount for lower catagories of room not ours :(.

I booked the Jewel for my Mom (65) and I last week and the savings was substantial for a D1. I suppose you could do a "mock" booking and check the box that asks if there is a senior in your party, just to see if the discount is available. Are you saying that TA's can't offer the discount, only if you book with RCI? If it's true, I didn't know that. I'm not a senior yet, but will be soon enough.

I gotta tell you that the RCI website has some awesome senior rates for those 55+ this winter on Sovereign and the "regular" rates aren't bad either... I may be lookin' here in the future.

Has anyone else had good luck booking directly with RCI rate-wise??? quote]

I stumbled across a senior rate a couple weeks ago tomorrow -- for a gty balcony. I called RCI as the rate was not displayed 5 hours later, and the CSR said it was available, gave me all the details, checked with my wife (as I was still at the office), and called back at 10:30 on a Friday night. Three days later we were assigned a D1 on Deck 9 - so we are pleased. The CSR did state, "you don't sound like a senior citizen" -- told him the ID will prove it when I check it (and the greying hairs on the sides). We leave in just over 5 weeks (a little last minute, but had planned vacation time then anyway).

The sailing we booked only had senior rates on some categories .. there aren't many balconies on the SOS so none there..

I don't think you would have to go thru RCI directly to get these -- I always use a TA -- but this seemed so easy and like I say, it was a "fill in cruise" to assuage DH's guilty conscience, PCD and for a birthday surprise. Since I "held it" online with RCI till I could show DH just made sense to book it directly with them

When we do retire we won't have a lot of money to travel so I'm sure we will take advantage of these rates a lot!

We got a great senior rate for a JS on Explorer to Bermuda in September - nearly $500 less than we paid on Voyager last year. Looking for a last minute trip in a certain timeslot and saw it online, then called our TA to book - same price through a TA. Actually, she was able to get us a better cabin location than was posted as available on the RCL website.

And exactly what does a senior citizen SOUND like?????

We had the senior rates for Rhapsody OV and we have booked Voyager for January, 2008 PR and got the senior rate.

There are great rates for January 08 Voyager however they are not senior fares. Typically senior fares are introduced not earlier than about 180 days out and only in categories they want to "move".

We just got a Senior Rate for the Dec 17 Radiance of the Seas. Only one person has to be 55 to get the rate...and on top of the Sr. Rate discount they also gave us our Crown and Anchor discount of $200 for a balcony cabin. $1,100 total for a 6 night caribbean balcony cabin. Not bad! Your TA can also get this rate as they access the same web site.

Got a great senior rate on the Explorer sailing next week, couldn't believe the price (that's why I'm going). The icing on the cake was I was offered

#1688 someone had cancelled I always wanted an aft but never got one. I would certainly watch for their senior rates again !:)

We noticed this too when we actually got a residency discount on our 2/4/07 Jewel cruise. There were also senior discounts as well on other categories for this cruise. I have never had this happen on any other cruise line. We book HAL often but I think they would go broke if they offered senior discounts!;)

I keep checking our future cruises to see if any senior discounts or residency discounts appear.

I was just looking at the senior rates last night on the RCCL web site. We still have our two-$250 off certificates from our Fiasco of the Seas experience last October, and they have to be used by 12/15/06. DH is in a foot cast and wheelchair for 8 weeks, and mid-December is just about when he will be able to move around.

So, I checked the Monarch out of Los Angeles, and almost all their sailings in the first half of December have senior rates.

My TA always asks for them anyway when she books for us.

Even on the lower priced cruises like the Monarch, the discount is $20 - $30 pp. I actually found one where the certificate is MORE than the cruise plus taxes, with the senior rate!!

Age does have its advantages.. I gotta tell you that the RCI website has some awesome senior rates for those 55+ this winter on Sovereign and the "regular" rates aren't bad either...

Correct! We booked an "obstructed" oceanview on Sovereign in February for $279 (four nights). A couple of days ago, the senio rate dropped to $229!

We just got a $600 refund for our Explorer cruise in Dec. using both senior and resident discounts. I was so surprised that the credit showed up on my credit card today and I only called on Wednesday. Yeehaw!!! BTW, there was an * but we had already paid our cruise in full and still got the credit. Never hurts to call and ask!!!

Archived