No waffles! Do I deserve compensation?

Texed

Texed....You should have asked for the old waffle machines and given them a nice burial at sea with full honors and plenty of butter and syrup :)

Hey, the way I felt about those machines wimping out, I would have made them walk the plank.:cool:

Wow! How the heck did pods get into my discussion of no waffles? I think the ones that posted about the pods are off topic and should be banned. :eek:

Now, back to the subject at hand. I did complain to everyone that I could, restaurant manager, two asst. Maidre'ds. They finally told me 8 new waffle machines were ordered and that way, they would have PLENTY of waffles "AFTER" our sailings. :)

Gee Texed, I just don't know. I have not posted for about four days and all I could find before I ever posted on this thread was the following remarks:

No waffles! Do I deserve compensation?

We were on a B2B on Century November 18th and 23rd. The waffle irons were not working. The waffles were one of the major reasons I sail Celebrity. I think this is as bad as missing a port, or the noro virus, but no one gave me any compensation. Maybe I should sue!

TEXED

Texed, I have sympathy, the first waffle iron broke the first day of our cruise and the second one broke right after I got my two waffles. But----there were no more waffles to be had for the remainder of the cruise. Perhaps if all of us waffle lovers (I too only cruise for the waffles), bombarded Celebrity with threats of never sailing them again, they would then have to give us compensation. 50% off on our next three sailing would seem like a fair bit of compensation to me.

Roe

Waffle Lawsuit !!!!

Let's make it a class action lawsuit. I am an ice cream freako and i want my fix 24 hours per day. They (some ships) offer 24 hour pizza, why not 24 hour Rum Raisin ???? Do we have legal footing?

My guess: They don't have 24 ice cream is because they want to fit us out the doors at the end of the cruise....LOL.

Rich

What's this about a waffle pod problem? When's the next slated drydock?

The waffle pods just fell off the Century.

I just figured how pods came into YOUR thread, Texed.

I think you should stop complaing and be happy that your clothes hadn't shrunk 2 sizes like mine had from eating all those waffles on the Summit. :D

PS where do you get those Micky waffle machines. They are really cool.

Hi, we have Disney Stores all over the states, they sell

everything from Waffle Irons.....to well, probably the

batter too;)

But I bet if you go to the Disney website you can buy it

on line.

I think you should stop complaing and be happy that your clothes hadn't shrunk 2 sizes like mine had from eating all those waffles on the Summit. :D

Well, with no waffles, I did have to partake of the skillet grill hot cakes. They will shrink your clothes also. :D

I'm shocked and dismayed at the tone of some of these posts! Don't you know there are avid cruisers out there without any cruise reservations AT ALL! Poor deprived dears without one single rollcall to their name! And you DARE to complain about this triviality, when you actually have cruises booked??? For shame!!! Get a life!!! Whatever!!! How dare you?!?!?! (and any other dismissive phrase you can think of!)

(thrilled that you're all here giving Ed the support, caring and advice that this issue deserves!:D )

Phil, that has to be the worst...and funniest...pun in a very long time!!!!

Andrew

I love this thread!! Laughter is the best medicine and Lord knows we could always use some.

We didn't know about the waffles on our first X cruise on Summit in 8/03. We found them in the far aft section on Galaxy (2/05) ,after searching for several days. These are not the thin IHOP waffles, they are thick and fluffy Belgian waffles. Fortunately, they serve sugar-free syrup so I can feel less guilty eating them. We will be sailing Mercury in Jan. and I should be able to find them the first day.

Let me know how the lawsuits are going. lol If the Mercury waffle irons are not working, I might join you. :D This is one ship/food aspect I think RCI should copy.

WAFFLE AXNGIXITY DISORDER !!!!!!!

I love X's waffles. I would support a class action lawsuit, as long as we take depositions in which we have to taste test the evidence on each boat in several ports.

I will report back in April about the waffle situation on the Mercury...there better not be any problems.:rolleyes:

Ed ~ Just 11 days until I sink my teeth into one of those YUMMY waffles! If you'd like, I'd be happy to ship some to you.....just let me know...only the best for you!!!!

:D

Thanks, but in 17 days I will be on Summit and the ship @#$%^&* better have waffles. :cool:

Ed,

I am so sorry that I have been busy with company and getting ready for my 12/8 Z and missed this all important thread! You have my deepest sympathy over the loss of your waffles.

So let me get this straight. ALL the waffle irons broke at one time? I find this a little odd. Too strange to be coincidence. A conspiracy perhaps? A plan to raise prices?

Maybe on future cruises the waffles will only be available to Elite members? We griped about losing perks. Maybe they thought having Select members drooling over the shoulders of Elite members eating large amounts of waffles would inspire them to book more cruises to become Elite faster? The questions are endless...

And btw, even though I was not on your cruise and on my last X cruise did not eat ANY waffles, I feel that reading about your pain has caused me ALMOST as much pain as being there and being denied waffles. Therefore would you please add me as a complainant in your class action lawsuit because I feel I now am deserving of a large compensation check along with you!

Ed,

So let me get this straight. ALL the waffle irons broke at one time? I find this a little odd. Too strange to be coincidence. A conspiracy perhaps? A plan to raise prices?

Therefore would you please add me as a complainant in your class action lawsuit because I feel I now am deserving of a large compensation check along with you!

My feelings are the same as yours. I plan on asking for Beige tags so I can get the waffles first. I bet there will be a sur-charge on waffles soon, and I am planning on eating so many waffles on Summit that I get sick of waffles. That way, by the time they start charging for them, I won't want any.:cool:

Archived