2008 brides?

Hi all... ... I will be going on the carnival destiny in march...Me and my girlfriend (fiance) if she says yes ( i will be asking her while we are on cruise.) I'm waiting till the cruise because i think she was on to it because usually everyone in my family asks all the couples when they will be getting married during xmas dinner. well no one asked this year as they all know i am asking her. So instead of christmas morning as i had planned... I decided to throw her of track and wait till the cruise... Shell be so excitied about cruiseing again that shell never expect it....If i can ask u all a question, I want to have the moment captured on film.. but the only way i can think of is to do it during formal pictures. I know the photogs can ask her to face one way and pretend to have me stand behind her. but i will actually get down on one knee when shes turned away.. then he can ask her to turn around instead where she will see me on one knee. I then ask her as the cammerman snaps the whole thing in a series of photos. This works everytime, but i would like to do it at night under the stars on the front of the ship..( her favorite place on board). Do you think I can arrange for someone to ask us if we want a picture, then do the same plan, but outside... ? maybe a ship photog, or a passenger that I may meet on board? just wondering what you all think as i know i definitly want this moment captured on film for her to enjoy and show friends and family... what do you all think??

-Thanks for all your help...!! ps..

It wouldn't hurt to ask a ship photographer since they are always running around the ship taking pictures. The only thing is you would have to pay $$ for them...

Another idea is you can check out the Roll Call section here on Cruise Critic and check the forum for your particular cruise. Create a thread describing what you want to do and ask if anyone would be willing to play photographer. I'm sure there are several CC members who would be more than willing to show up at the right time with your camera and photograph you as you popped the question! I have heard stories where some of them acted as witnesses at cruise ship weddings. It's worth a shot! :)

Hi all... ... I will be going on the carnival destiny in march...Me and my girlfriend (fiance) if she says yes ( i will be asking her while we are on cruise.) I'm waiting till the cruise because i think she was on to it because usually everyone in my family asks all the couples when they will be getting married during xmas dinner. well no one asked this year as they all know i am asking her. So instead of christmas morning as i had planned... I decided to throw her of track and wait till the cruise... Shell be so excitied about cruiseing again that shell never expect it....If i can ask u all a question, I want to have the moment captured on film.. but the only way i can think of is to do it during formal pictures. I know the photogs can ask her to face one way and pretend to have me stand behind her. but i will actually get down on one knee when shes turned away.. then he can ask her to turn around instead where she will see me on one knee. I then ask her as the cammerman snaps the whole thing in a series of photos. This works everytime, but i would like to do it at night under the stars on the front of the ship..( her favorite place on board). Do you think I can arrange for someone to ask us if we want a picture, then do the same plan, but outside... ? maybe a ship photog, or a passenger that I may meet on board? just wondering what you all think as i know i definitly want this moment captured on film for her to enjoy and show friends and family... what do you all think??

-Thanks for all your help...!! ps..

that is the sweetest idea I have ever heard!!.. good for you!... She will be so happy!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

I am a 2008 bride...barely! We are sailing on RCCL Mariner of the Seas (12-28 to 1-4) and are planning a 12-31-08 wedding in Ocho Rios, using TWJ. We're super excited and have really appreciated all of the informative info here on the boards!

melissa

Hi everyone. We are getting married on October 18th on the Glory. We cruised on the Glory last May and had a great time!

I have a question for those that are further along in the planning process...

Right now I am at 8 people who will be cruising with us, with an additional 4-6 people who are considering it. Right now I booked the basic bride and groom package with no reception. I really dont want to upgrade to the lunch-in because I think its a waste to spend an extra 300 for a lunch.... Do you know if its possible to have a small group cocktail hour without upgrading to the Welcome abord package?

Has anyone done the Bride and Groom pkg? What does everyone do after the ceremony?

Any help would be awesome!

We're looking into a cruise wedding in the July or August of 2009, and I was wondering if anyone has found cruises that go out that far. I have called Princess and they say that their schedule is only posted as far out as May 2009. I think I saw someone on another thread say that they already booked their Carnival Weddign for August of 09. As many of you, I want to get the ball rolling here (I'm being impatient) ,so I can give my family some specifics about where we are going etc., Any help here? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
We are getting married on Sea Princess May 2008 at sea sailing out of Southampton Uk, will be wed somewhere in North Atlantic! Am I the only British bride here?

No!!! i am a british bride to be too!!

We are getting married on P+O's Oriana November 8th on the caribbean and deep south cruise

Hello I am farely new to this site and to the whole cruise thing. I have decided to be brave and have my wedding on a cruise but I'm scared. Shhhhhh don't tell my family as they have been trying to convince my fiance and I to change our mind. We are planning to marry hopefully October 2009 with Princess but the itineries aren't out yet. Does anyone know if it would be too cold to leave from the port in New York at that time of year? I'm excited but also nervous. Any suggestions on settling my nerves lol??

Hello I am farely new to this site and to the whole cruise thing. I have decided to be brave and have my wedding on a cruise but I'm scared. Shhhhhh don't tell my family as they have been trying to convince my fiance and I to change our mind. We are planning to marry hopefully October 2009 with Princess but the itineries aren't out yet. Does anyone know if it would be too cold to leave from the port in New York at that time of year? I'm excited but also nervous. Any suggestions on settling my nerves lol??

Wow sounds fab to me! im sooo jealous of those marrying, living or being anywhere in NY its my most favourite place ever!!! you will be fine going from NY in Oct i last visited in Sept and the weather was really warm i think NY at anytime would be fab!!

Dont be nervous about cruising it is sooo the best way to travel/holiday once you have been once you will be addicted! although ive never travelled on princess i have friends who have been and worked on them who recommend them highly so i think you should just go for it!!! it will be the best thing ever!!! i get married 8th November on P+O's Oriana and cannot wait!!! the day before we dock at Bahamas. Best of luck with your planning

Hello All,

We are planning a wedding for august 30th of this year and then doing a Disney cruise for the honeymoon. The more I get into planning the more I feel like it's a big mistake. Why should I spend so much money for this one day? Isn't it a little crazy? We were trying to keep our budget under 5k. But it's closer to 6k. I know that it's not that much compared to people who spend upwards of 30k, but I still feel like I am just throwing money away, Am I crazy for feeling this way?

Maybe I should do a beach wedding! Thanks for your help!

I've been lurking around for awhile I figured now is a good time to post ;) We booked a cruise on the Carnival Victory for New Years and plan to get married on the beach (most likely Magens Bay) in St Thomas on Dec 29th. I'm going to use Weddings the Island Way as the coordinators and so far it will be just me, fiance and our 5 yo (6 by then) daughter

I've been lurking around for awhile I figured now is a good time to post ;) We booked a cruise on the Carnival Victory for New Years and plan to get married on the beach (most likely Magens Bay) in St Thomas on Dec 29th. I'm going to use Weddings the Island Way as the coordinators and so far it will be just me, fiance and our 5 yo (6 by then) daughter

Archived