Post your best UNDERWATER cruise pictures

Time for a few more UW photos. These are from a 3 day liveaboard "cruise" I did in September to the California Channel Islands.

2 spot octopus

Hilton's aeolid

l15.jpg

California Kelp diving at it's best

Spanish Shawl nudibranchs "doing it"

More photos from the trip are HERE

Fantastic shots....:)

Love the Kelp!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
these are great!

I wish my DSLR would fit in a housing. So far I have had no luck. But I have talked to a company that is working on one :D

Thanks for sharing these great pics guys

I have not read one good review on the AquaPacs. :eek: Everyone says they leak once you get them out in the ocean. I was looking into getting one for my SLR, but not now. That worries me that it would leak and ruin my camera. :(

I guess I'll just stick with the cheap, disposable cameras! :D

You're right. I've always felt that disposable camera produce disposable photos. Most of us are using housed digital cameras. I'm using an Olympus C5050 in an Olympus housing.

My little Olympus C-7000 acidentally took a plunge this summer so it's now too late to buy a housing for it. I would be too afraid to risk taking my Olympus E-500 underwater no matter what the housing was that I buy. So my question is... Since I won't have too many opportunities to shoot underwater besides this trip, and I can't spend a lot of money, has anyone tried this camera?

VuPoint DC-WCP-ST531T-VP Budget Underwater digital cameravupointunderwater.jpg

Even with it being under $100, you can get 5 megapixels and an underwater digital camera. You can take this camera up to 50 feet under the water, and it shoots movies. On the downside, the zoom is only digital so it's best not to use it at all. It features a shutter speed range of 1/15th to 1/10,000th of a second.

Has anyone used it? It's gotta be better than disposable cameras, but I also don't want to throw away $100 for nothing. Any suggestions?

For around $100, I picked up a Minolta DiMage XT (3.2 MP) and a Sea+Sea case. E-Bay for both.

It's small, works very well, and is waterproof to 100'. :) With a 2gig card, I can take something like 1800 pictures, or a ton of video.

I have not read one good review on the AquaPacs. :eek: Everyone says they leak once you get them out in the ocean. I was looking into getting one for my SLR, but not now. That worries me that it would leak and ruin my camera. :(

I guess I'll just stick with the cheap, disposable cameras! :D

I've tried several u/w disposable cameras and never gotten good results while snorkeling.

I took a look using google and have not found any reviews or comments that are negative about Aquapac camera bags. Some comment that working with the camera controls can be tricky but none indicate any concern with immersing the unit.

I have an Aquapac pouch which only leaked once - when I did not seal it properly. So, not wanting to spend more on an underwater housing than I spent on the camera (and SD card), I have been considering an Aquapac camera bag. I really would like to hear of any positive or negative experiences.

I've tried several u/w disposable cameras and never gotten good results while snorkeling.

I took a look using google and have not found any reviews or comments that are negative about Aquapac camera bags. Some comment that working with the camera controls can be tricky but none indicate any concern with immersing the unit.

I have an Aquapac pouch which only leaked once - when I did not seal it properly. So, not wanting to spend more on an underwater housing than I spent on the camera (and SD card), I have been considering an Aquapac camera bag. I really would like to hear of any positive or negative experiences.

Their design is not good enough for me to insure that they would not leak. Therefore I got a housing for mine.... And much better photos. I also had a couple of different friends use the Aquapac and had leaking issues and ruined their camera. So personally, I would not use them......

How will you get it home? Doesn't that exceed the baggage weight limit? Or are you driving to the port?

The camera is very small, it's a pocket camera. So the video is digital camera quality. I've used the video portion in our pool, with the kids. The get a kick out of seeing themselves underwater, doing flips and playing. :)

The camera is very small, it's a pocket camera. So the video is digital camera quality. I've used the video portion in our pool, with the kids. The get a kick out of seeing themselves underwater, doing flips and playing. :)
I was referring to the "ton of video" remark you made. That would be 2000 pounds of video. I think that exceed the luggage allowances on most airlines.

All

Here is my favorite picture from Cozumel last September

It is of a Nurse Shark, Green Moray Eel, and Tiger Grouper.

It's hard to believe all three were in the same place. When I took the shot, I thought there was only a Moray Eel there. I was real surprised when I saw the actual picture.

Mark

IMAG0374.jpg

All

Here is my favorite picture from Cozumel last September

It is of a Nurse Shark, Green Moray Eel, and Tiger Grouper.

It's hard to believe all three were in the same place. When I took the shot, I thought there was only a Moray Eel there. I was real surprised when I saw the actual picture.

Mark

That's fantastic ScubaMark. What camera/housing did you use?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Yep, it worked. Nice photos like these would be even nicer if they were a bit larger.

This is a grouper. The little fish left when he showed up because the the little fish know what the grouper eats, little fish.

2.jpg

This is a trumpet fish. It thinks you can't see him when he is vertical.

5.jpg

This is a sea cucumber.

1.jpg

Sea cucumber! Anyone seen the Jacka$$ movies? LMAO!!! BEAUTIFUL pics. I'd love to get an underwater setup......

Archived