Post your best UNDERWATER cruise pictures

More Photos. How do I supersize them ?

Well, here is a start ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=197204&d=1307307842

attachment.php?attachmentid=197205&d=1307307842

attachment.php?attachmentid=197206&d=1307307842

attachment.php?attachmentid=197207&d=1307307842

attachment.php?attachmentid=197208&d=1307307842

If you want to go bigger, you have to upload your pictures to a photo hosting site such as Webshots or Photobucket.

BIG thanks Lsimon and cuizer, I'll give it a try tomorrow Grandson all day

:). mitsugirly-Thanks. Less than 20 feet on Paradise Reef-Cozumel. Yes

SCUBA, it's much more easy to approach fish slowly than snorkeling. Also

you can get face to face with critters. Try it ! We have some video on

utube, same camera @ 90' on the Wall. Enter scubacruiserx2 for video.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rod,

I'm impressed with your pics. You said you used a Canon SD 1400 and picked up an underwater case from Ebay.

I looked up the SD 1400 on Amazon and it's a relatively cheap point and shoot. So I'm doubly impressed. I have an Olympus 1050 right now and my underwater pics don't come close to the underwater pics you posted. I'm thinking it matters a lot to have an underwater case.

On Ebay all I could find were the basically plastic bags.

My question is....what underwater case did you use? Is it Canon? And if so what's the model number?

Thanks for your help.

A few more . . .

Porto Marie, Curacao

CaribbeanCruiseApr2011hCuracaoPortoMari036058.jpg

Porto Marie, Curacao

CaribbeanCruiseApr2011hCuracaoPortoMari046068.jpg

Porto Marie, Curacao

CaribbeanCruiseApr2011hCuracaoPortoMari068090.jpg

Porto Marie, Curacao

CaribbeanCruiseApr2011hCuracaoPortoMari084106.jpg

Porto Marie, Curacao

CaribbeanCruiseApr2011hCuracaoPortoMari087109.jpg

Porto Marie, Curacao

CaribbeanCruiseApr2011hCuracaoPortoMari099121.jpg

Hi Rod,

I'm impressed with your pics. You said you used a Canon SD 1400 and picked up an underwater case from Ebay.

I looked up the SD 1400 on Amazon and it's a relatively cheap point and shoot. So I'm doubly impressed. I have an Olympus 1050 right now and my underwater pics don't come close to the underwater pics you posted. I'm thinking it matters a lot to have an underwater case.

On Ebay all I could find were the basically plastic bags.

My question is....what underwater case did you use? Is it Canon? And if so what's the model number?

Thanks for your help.

The case is by Ikelite. Canon also makes an underwater housing but I went for the Ikelite as it has an external button for every control on the camera. From what I read the Canon is missing a few.

Here is the item number on the invoice but I don't know if it is a vendor number or manufacturers number - Item# 320559481811.

If you search for Ikelite and then Canon SD1400 you should find it with no problem.

Thanks Rod.

I found the camera and housing on Ebay after using your suggestion.

Now I've just got to convince my wife I NEED to have one...:D

Good Luck!!:)

It was all the great photos on this forum that convinced me I needed to get rid of the disposable cameras and upgrade. If your looking at just snorkeling you may want to consider the Canon D10 which doesn't need a case and will save you quite a few $$.

The external cases are surprisingly bulky and heavy. However, if you're into scuba the cases are the way to go!

Great photos everyone! I just went through all 15 pages. Here are a couple of the pictures I've taken. These are just with a canon d10. Any editing has just been the auto correct from the photoshop website.

IMG_3127_edited-3.jpg

IMG_3262_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2419_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2413_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2148_edited-1.jpg

Great photos everyone! I just went through all 15 pages. Here are a couple of the pictures I've taken. These are just with a canon d10. Any editing has just been the auto correct from the photoshop website.

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

These pictures are less than one week old ...

From Stingray City ...

From the Turtle Farm ...

D7-6.jpg

D7-5.jpg

He is really cute but the pictures make me sad. We love Turtles and Tortoises and would never ever go to the farm as we know they are used for food :(

Thanks guys! That first picture was the hardest to get. There were many attempts made. Between the turtles not coming up where I expected to small waves obscuring their heads from my sight and of course the always wonderful droplet of water on the lens. lol

Hi all,

I just found this thread and thought I would share a few pics from my last cruise to the South Pacific. Plenty of Nemo's in these waters! These images were taken at Lifou (an island of New Caledonia) and at Million Dollar Point, near Luganville, Vanuatu. Million Dollar Point is an amazing snorkelling experience and has an interesting history a version of which can be read here ... http://www.pacificislandtravel.com/vanuatu/diving/milliondollarpoint.html

I use a fairly basic point and shoot camera that I bought a few years ago - a Panasonic Lumix. It is waterproof, but I can't remember to what depth. I only snorkel and it is fine. It has a specific underwater setting that must do something to make these photos turn out so well. I am no photographer, but I am happy with the results. Of course, for each of the pics I have posted here there are probably 50 or more that didn't work out!

Some of these pics have been cropped but not enhanced. I have never attached photos before, so I hope these upload OK ... If they do I will upload a few more from Million Dollar Point

5914961084_d1a85ac565_z.jpg

5914393287_1d99e3ab53_z.jpg

5915570102_2abb40f7f8_z.jpg

5915580998_c5a8c1a988_z.jpg

Carina,

I loved your nemo fish! I wish I could find some. I haven't been lucky enough to see any while snorkeling yet. The closest I've came to are Dory's (tangs). :D

Thanks mitsugirly! You probably need to cruise to the South Pacific to see Nemo up close:D. He is a very shy fish, but there were so many of them on our last cruise that I managed to get a few great shots. Being an Aussie I love looking at the photos taken in Northern Hemisphere waters, as these fish are 'exotic' to me - especially so many photos of turtles!

(btw, love your screen name - I drive a Mitsubishi Outlander and love it!)

Cheers,

Carina

IMG_3127_edited-3.jpg

IMG_3262_edited-1.jpg

Where did you go to swim with the turtles?

We have swam with the Stingrays in Grand Cayman, but never with any turtles.

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you go to swim with the turtles?

We have swam with the Stingrays in Grand Cayman, but never with any turtles.

The turtle pics I posted are all from Akumal, Mexico. It's a town between Playa Del Carmen and Tulum (south of Cancun). There are a group of turtles that live in the bay. Beautiful place with great snorkeling right off the beach.

Here are a couple more pics. I believe these are from Cozumel, with the exception of the turtles. Those are from Akumal.

IMG_2554_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3302_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2130_edited-1.jpg

This guy did a pretty good job of blending in...

IMG_2355_edited-1.jpg

Archived