$50.00 per person shipboard credit

Orcrone

General Max,

It's funny. As I was reading your post I received a call from my TA (Roberta) at Pavlus regarding my cruise in March so I asked her about it. She said that it will arrive as a voucher with my cruise documents and that she'll send out a copy in the mail for my records.

Thanks for the info.

i must have missed the boat...as soon as i read this thread i got on the email to cq to find out if the credit would apply to our november 3, 2004 meditteraen cruise...this is the reply i received today...

...We just checked with Holland American and it is not valid with your sailing prom 7032 is only for sailing 8/1 thru 10/24. Thank you

well, now i see they have set limits...i am still batting a thousand.

I'm booked on the Zui in April, 2005 and emailed my online T/A with promo 267 and 7031 and received a confirmation email that we will get the 50 pp shipboard credit. Thanks to all on the boards as well for sharing!!!

Eileen

[quote name='joanagain']i must have missed the boat...as soon as i read this thread i got on the email to cq to find out if the credit would apply to our november 3, 2004 meditteraen cruise...this is the reply i received today...

...We just checked with Holland American and it is not valid with your sailing prom 7032 is only for sailing 8/1 thru 10/24. Thank you

well, now i see they have set limits...i am still batting a thousand.[/QUOTE]I was able to apply it to my 10/30 Caribbean cruise. But perhaps it's only good until 10/24 for Med cruises.

I would call HAL directly (877)SAIL HAL and ask them. Don't tell them you're already booked. If they say it's valid ask them if it's valid whether you book through them directly or through a TA. If it's valid then you can go back to CQ and tell them what you found out.

[quote name='cruisinjudy']Well, that is interesting because I just emailed CQ and they applied $100 per person to our Nov. 2005 Veendam cruise![/QUOTE][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]And my TA told me yesterday that it's only valid for 2004 cruises. So I called HAL today and they confirmed it.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Does anyone else get the idea that they make it up as they go along?[/color][/size][/font]

We booked the 8/21 7 day Western Carribean directly thru HAL back in April, and based on the info from these boards I made a call yesterday to the Customer Service area at HAL. I just mentioned that I had heard about the credit and asked if it was still available. Without any hesitation, they looked up our booking and said we would get a $100.00 credit for the two adults, but nothing for the two teens below age 18. Fine with me! I even received an email within minutes of hanging up confirming the shipboard credit.

She wasn't sure, but indicated that since a change was made to the booking, we might receive a whole new set of documents for the adults. Seems like a lot of extra paperwork on their part, but hey, $100.00 will help with the new gratuity policy or a shore excursion!

Thanks to all for the info posted here!

Mike:)

[color=royalblue]For any other airline employees out there, our TA said it doesn't apply to interline rates:( . If anyone knows any different, please let me know. We are on the Oosterdam 10/24 Eastern Caribbean sailing. Thanks![/color]

I couldn't get it from CQ either for my sailing next month. They said I booked under a SWAT last minute promo so it didn't qualify.........

On a separate note, I have learned internet only TA's are NOT for me.
My experience with CQ is they are selective in what ??'s they answer in your emails....

Marie

Booked on the Zuiderdam 8/28 thru PriceLine Cruises. Was able to get an "S" suite for $1,075/pp. Emailed the TA that I worked with at PriceLine and received the following result:

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I just called Holland America and that promotion is available but not with our low rates. In order to use the Promotion code 7031 the rate on your cabin will increase from $1075 (base) to $2145 (base). I didn't think that you would want to pay that much more for a SBC. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime.
[/COLOR]

Not sure if this is just a line or if they are serious. In any event, I'm not complaining as this was a pretty good price. But I AM interested to know if anyone else has booked a HAL cruise with PriceLine, and if so did you get this (or any) promotion?

And my thanks to this board. I called my TA and he said HAL would not give us the credit because it was for new bookings only. I called HAL and found a reasonable person to talk to. She tried the bit where you need to contact your TA and I said I already did that. She asked me to call back today (spoke to her late the night before) and when I did, the credit was there! Called my TA and she said I done real good. It was only a $50 credit and supposedly it was because of my cabin category. Hey, every little bit helps.

My take on this is that for some reason, different agents within HAL have different info and some are just willing to be a little more customer oriented than others. I do find this to be true on other lines as well. Maybe when you call you end up with different departments and it all depends on their ability to do something.

Anywho, THANKS.

[quote name='aussie jb']Can someone please tell me if the shipboard credits only apply if you are from the U.S? I received my HAL 2004 book from the U.S (not locally) and inside was a $50 voucher which we were told we couldn't use. Should I pursue it further?[/QUOTE]

Hi,
We're fellow Aussies cruising next month and when I read about this credit on Cruise Addicts I contacted our local travel agent. It took her a couple of days but she has also confirmed that the four of us (2 couples) will receive $100 per cabin - $50 pp. So, yes pursue further!
Good luck
Cam

[quote name='Orcrone']I was able to apply it to my 10/30 Caribbean cruise. But perhaps it's only good until 10/24 for Med cruises.

I would call HAL directly (877)SAIL HAL and ask them. Don't tell them you're already booked. If they say it's valid ask them if it's valid whether you book through them directly or through a TA. If it's valid then you can go back to CQ and tell them what you found out.[/QUOTE]

Marc - (and joanagain)

We are on the same sailing with joanagain (11/3/04), I was told the promo is not valid for our sailing. Since I asked previously, I may try again in a week or two, just to see... we are sailing in the Med.

joanagain - if I do hear of any specials for our sailing, I will let you know.

We did get shipboard credit from our TA for this sailing, so that helps :)

Gosh, this board is awesome! I just called my TA about the shipboard credit, she called HAL! We got $100 each for an eleven day cruise aboard the Maasdam in November. TA said she told HAL she wants that in writing.

Thanks, Orcrone and all.

thanks for the wonderful thread...I should have peeked in here earlier!:) ...actually one of my cruisemates told us about it on my roll call...thanks Pete:D

well, I had emailed my TA....and just got a reply...she said it is 25.00 per person....and that is what I received:) :confused: . They are doing by person, rather than cabin? Anyway...at least I got something!

Archived