Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I have a question. I know I've seen one somewhere (Zydecocruiser, maybe, but couldn't find it on his website). I need to see a pic of the outlet in the cabin.

I bought a mini surge protector with 3 plugs that also has two UBS ports. Took it last week but the plug in my Fantasy cabin was next to the end of the desk/vanity and I couldn't plug it in.

I'm not going to pack anything that I can't use, so a photo of the actual plug on a Conquest-class ship would be very helpful. Thanks all!

I am not sure how to post a photo, but a pic of the electrical outlet is on this page from Zydecocruiser's site:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/04Roatan/index4.html

Hope that helps :)

Thank you! I just KNEW I'd seen one in one of his reviews, but there are SO many pics in each of them, I just couldn't locate it. While I love the pics and reviews, I almost wish he wouldn't zoom in quite so close on every pic! :o

That looks like I should be able to use my plug. It is close to the corner, though. Of course, since I'm solo this time and flying, I need to be very careful with packing. No need to bring something that I won't need.

Thanks again!

Does Conquest have an adults only pool? We really enjoyed the one the Liberty had last month.

The Aft pool on the Conquest (same spot as on the Liberty) use to be an adult only pool...area is not adult only but the pool and hot tubs were.

Someone stated a few months ago though that this was not the case anymore. I sure hope they were mistaken and that kids were just playing where they weren't suppose to be.

Really enjoy the adult only pool and hot tub.

Does Conquest have an adults only pool? We really enjoyed the one the Liberty had last month.

Just read a review by Spaniel Lover, this is a direct pull from his review on Sept 18 2013. So I think it still may be adults only!! He also posted pics and there were no kids in the pictures

"One of my favorite places on Conquest-class ships (we've sailed on the Glory and the Valor prior to our cruise on the Conquest) is the aft pool. It's got several things going for it. First off, it's adults-only... so you don't get any screaming kids back here. Second, it's really mellow back here... unlike the atmosphere of the main pool in the center of the ship where there's always loud music playing and crazy activities like the hairy chest competition. The aft pool area is also somewhat wind protected, because of the way it is set down below the upper deck and behind some taller structures."

Edited by Sfdtiller

Just read a review by Spaniel Lover, this is a direct pull from his review on Sept 18 2013. So I think it still may be adults only!! He also posted pics and there were no kids in the pictures

"One of my favorite places on Conquest-class ships (we've sailed on the Glory and the Valor prior to our cruise on the Conquest) is the aft pool. It's got several things going for it. First off, it's adults-only... so you don't get any screaming kids back here. Second, it's really mellow back here... unlike the atmosphere of the main pool in the center of the ship where there's always loud music playing and crazy activities like the hairy chest competition. The aft pool area is also somewhat wind protected, because of the way it is set down below the upper deck and behind some taller structures."

YAYYYY! Great to hear that it is still Adult only!!! :D:D

I don't personally care for the closed-in feeling of the aft pool area on this class ship. I loved the wide-open aft pool on Miracle. But then, I absolutely LOVE the layout of those ships and Carnival seems to be trying to rid themselves of them (at least based in the states) as quickly as possible. They appear to just want more and more of the same design only making them bigger and cramming even more passengers into marginally more space. :(

I do like to go up a deck where you can sit along either side, usually with sun on one and shade on the other and have easy access to go into the upper buffet area for a beverage.

I'm just still annoyed that they didn't put in a Serenity Deck. I simply don't understand that.

I don't personally care for the closed-in feeling of the aft pool area on this class ship. I loved the wide-open aft pool on Miracle.

I understand what you're saying... but there are two big advantages to the design of the aft pool area on the Conquest-class versus the Spirit-class.

The first advantage is that the aft-pool area on the Conquest-class is somewhat wind protected. Like you said... it's a bit closed in... and on a windy day at sea, this offers some wind protection. Everyone correctly points out that the Conquest does not have a Serenity retreat at the front of the ship like the other Conquest-class ships do. However, on a windy day at sea... conditions are bad up front at Serenity and much better by the aft pool. Also, you get a lot of noise spilling into Serenity from the mid-ship pool area. Things tend to actually be more serene at the aft pool.

The other problem with the Spirit-class (which is not a problem on the Conquest-class) is the fact that they will not open and close the sliding dome over the pool when the ship is in motion. So, if the weather is good when the ship is in port but then turns bad during your sea day... you're out of luck on the Spirit class. They will not close the dome. On the Conquest class, with the dome over the aft pool, they can and will open or close the dome as needed to match the weather conditions. It doesn't matter whether the ship is in motion or not.

Here's a photo of the aft pool area on the Carnival Conquest with a nasty downpour occurring outside. Total paradise inside!

CarnivalConquest-IMG_2136.JPG

You can read my full review of the Carnival Conquest here... and it includes many photos and videos I shot on the ship and on various shore excursions.

I like the conquest class of ships serenity or not. We have found that even serenity is not always serene so we spend very little time there unless it's on a port day and we can get a decent seat. I would love them to keep the top open even in the rain, its water and thats why I am swimming. Plus it clears up chairs as everyone runs inside. 97 more days till I am back on the conquest, thanks to Spaniel lovers aft wrap review I think the G/F is ready to grab the last one for our trip.

You can read my full review of the Carnival Conquest here... and it includes many photos and videos I shot on the ship and on various shore excursions.

We'll be on Conquest soon and we both enjoyed reading your wonderful review.

We have a different itinerary on Conquest but your review of Balmoral Beach was just what I needed to see for my May Pride cruise.

Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful review! :)

Did the little finch just fly away after a rest or what?

That is such a cute pic.

We took the finch out on the balcony to see what would happen. I ended up making a move that accidentally scared it... and it flew out behind the ship and then turned around and came back towards some other cabins at the aft. I never saw it again after that. I assume it rested for a while, somewhere on the ship.

Does anyone know where the laundry and ironing "stations" are on the Conquest??

Conquest

Name: Launderettes

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Locations

Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

Function: Self-Service Launderette

• 2 or 3 washers / 2 or 3 dryers
  • 1 iron and ironing board
  • Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener ($)

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Conquest_Public_rooms.htm

We took the finch out on the balcony to see what would happen. I ended up making a move that accidentally scared it... and it flew out behind the ship and then turned around and came back towards some other cabins at the aft. I never saw it again after that. I assume it rested for a while, somewhere on the ship.

Thanks for answering :)

Thank you very much! I read that being close to the laundry could be very noisy! I'm far enough away. :)

I'm next door to one. Everything I've read was that you wouldn't even know it's there. I'll find out soon enough!

I've never, ever seen a single person using a laundry room when I've passed one.

Since I'll only be in the cabin when sleeping and for short stops during the day, I don't expect much noise. They are supposed to be closed at night, right? I mean, who goes on a cruise and then does their own laundry in the middle of the night. Sheesh. If you MUST have some done (I can pack for 15 days with 1 suitcase and a rolling duffle), just send it out, for goodness sake! People will spend a small fortune on drinks but then do their own laundry? Cruising time is too valuable to waste doing laundry!

Have I convinced everyone to stay away from the laundry rooms, yet? :p

Yes, it's windy up in the bow, but I don't mind wind on a hot day. I'd rather have that then a humid closed pool area. Just my personal preference. I simply love the layout of the Spirit class ships. I really don't like Carnival's designs. :(

The Aft pool on the Conquest (same spot as on the Liberty) use to be an adult only pool...area is not adult only but the pool and hot tubs were.

Someone stated a few months ago though that this was not the case anymore. I sure hope they were mistaken and that kids were just playing where they weren't suppose to be.

Really enjoy the adult only pool and hot tub.

Just came off the ship yesterday - the aft pool & hot tubs have large signs that say Adults only or over 18 only ....anytime I was back in that part of the ship, there were only adults in the pool or hot tubs...