Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I can't wait to try all of the burgers at guys. Why don't many people talk about the lunch burritos from blue iguana.

They do. There was just a thread about Blue Iguana a couple of days ago. A search of the Carnival board should find it easily.

Can't wait to try it out! :D

CCL's price for using the in cabin phone is $1.99 per minute, which is cheaper than our AT&T plan for our cell. As far as the internet goes, there is no free wifi. The plans have an initial $3.95 charge to set it up, then you can buy packages (something like 100 minutes for $59, and plans go up from there - if you sign up on the first day you get some bonus minutes) or you can spend .75 per minute if you want to do it by the minute. We found that the quick call home was cheaper than buying the internet plan. (which I buy also, to keep in touch and check my e-mail.)

Is there a number our family can call direct to our romm from back home? Would the 1.99 perminute apply to incoming calls as well to the room phone?

Is there a number our family can call direct to our romm from back home? Would the 1.99 perminute apply to incoming calls as well to the room phone?

Sorry, but I can't answer the question about incoming calls. If you call CCL, I am sure they can answer that question for you. I know family can call the ship, but don't know if the ship staff will hook a call to your cabin. (I do know they do get hold of people in the event of an emergency at home, but have no idea how the calling rates work.) Let me know what CCL tells you!

Incoming did not work the same way. We gave the emergency number for the ship to family plus DH had international capabilities added to his phone.

The outgoing for the cabin worked great though.

I can't wait to try all of the burgers at guys. Why don't many people talk about the lunch burritos from blue iguana.

Hi ToAdam12, I was on the Conquest back in September. We loved the Blue Iguana for breakfast. We also tried the first night of the Taste Bar which featured pork and soup from the Blue Iguana. My friend and I both really liked it. She went back for seconds. I did have a Pork Taco the last day at sea for part of my lunch. The different salsas offered are really good and neat to try. We were not disappointed. We did love the burgers at Guys but only ate one the whole cruise. As you can see we actually ate at the Blue Iguana more often.

Edited by plattwear

Hi ToAdam12, I was on the Conquest back in September. We loved the Blue Iguana for breakfast. We also tried the first night of the Taste Bar which featured pork and soup from the Blue Iguana. My friend and I both really liked it. She went back for seconds. I did have a Pork Taco the last day at sea for part of my lunch. The different salsas offered are really good and neat to try. We were not disappointed. We did love the burgers at Guys but only ate one the whole cruise. As you can see we actually ate at the Blue Iguana more often.

I have to say on the Breeze I prefered the blue iguana!!

I loved the breakfast burritos but to be honest, never ate lunch there. We were on the Breeze and usually ended up eating at Cucina del Capitano for lunch every day. It was awesome. Going to miss not having one on the Conquest.

I loved the breakfast burritos but to be honest, never ate lunch there. We were on the Breeze and usually ended up eating at Cucina del Capitano for lunch every day. It was awesome. Going to miss not having one on the Conquest.

I haven't been on a ship with that one yet. Let's face it I'm looking forward to it all.

.....what the cost is for the internet usage? Is there free Wi-Fi? Or do I have to purchase an internet package for the week? ...

I was on Conquest last week and this is the internet package available on the ship.

The connectivity was pretty good, imo. Not lightning fast but not bad at all.

There was no set-up charge.

From Carnival's site:

Pricing

Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All Internet charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” account.

Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until disembarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be provided for unused minutes.

Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans and prices are subject to change.

• 480 minutes for $159 USD

• 240 minutes for $89 USD

• 120 minutes for $59 USD

• 45 minutes for $29 USD

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Edited by PresDuLac

I haven't been on a ship with that one yet. Let's face it I'm looking forward to it all.

Me, too. In a couple of days, I'll be trying my first Guy's burger. I don't eat much red meat and don't really care for greasy food, but I'll give it a try! I'm guessing I'll prefer the Blue Iguana. I'm certainly going to be trying some new offerings, though!

Hi Stitch....

You'll be able to keep in touch but the prices pretty much rule out fun daily chats.

Make sure you give everyone the information they need to get in touch with you in an emergency and make sure they understand the cost.

The $1.99 per min charge doesn't apply to incoming calls at all.

It's very expensive -$9.50 per min - to call someone on the ship, imo, but in an emergency you do what you have to do.

From Carnival's site:

Can I call my family while onboard?

For our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the staterooms telephone.

This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location.

This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00AM.

The rate is $1.99 USD per minute, and charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card.

Since all communication is via satellite, the charges apply to all calls including calling cards, credit cards, 800 toll-free numbers and collect calls.

Can I receive calls while onboard?

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service.

The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name.

The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

Me, too. In a couple of days, I'll be trying my first Guy's burger. I don't eat much red meat and don't really care for greasy food, but I'll give it a try! I'm guessing I'll prefer the Blue Iguana. I'm certainly going to be trying some new offerings, though!

Anything in moderation is key. But they do look good. Enjoy your guys burger.

Thanks for the replies on the phone and internet.

Have another question. Do you take your passport with you when you are in port? Would a photocopy of the passport be enough, or do you have to have your passport with you? I would be a little worried about having stuff stolen on beach days, or something happening to it.

Thanks for the replies on the phone and internet.

Have another question. Do you take your passport with you when you are in port? Would a photocopy of the passport be enough, or do you have to have your passport with you? I would be a little worried about having stuff stolen on beach days, or something happening to it.

You don't need your passport at all just your S&S card and a picture ID. Now I do bring mine just in case. Once we were stopped in Cozumel by políca and he wanted a bribe. We weren't about to give him anything he just wanted to see if he could get money out of the dumb tourists. I gave him my driver license knowing full well I had my passport in my back pocket. But I have been back to there 3 other times and not had an issue. But simple answer no you do not need your passport in port.

Heading on Conquest in January 2014 for a B2B, our first one and first time on Carnival in a warm climate. Would like to know if Balcony 7439 has a fridge/mini bar in it? Wasn't sure if it was added in the 2.0 upgrade - I have searched for info and photos/video but either they are pre-upgrade or don't show that portion of the cabin.

Thanx in advance...

Heading on Conquest in January 2014 for a B2B, our first one and first time on Carnival in a warm climate. Would like to know if Balcony 7439 has a fridge/mini bar in it? Wasn't sure if it was added in the 2.0 upgrade - I have searched for info and photos/video but either they are pre-upgrade or don't show that portion of the cabin.

Thanx in advance...

All staterooms have fridges. From insides to suites and it has nothing to do with the upgrades - it has always been this way.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Back yesterday from the 11/16 - 11/24 repo sailing. Will probably write my review on Thanksgiving (no company and 4 more days off) and will post a link here.

Great cruise (wonderful itinerary), think the ship wasn't full, some things I really liked, others were only just OK.

Back yesterday from the 11/16 - 11/24 repo sailing. Will probably write my review on Thanksgiving (no company and 4 more days off) and will post a link here.

Great cruise (wonderful itinerary), think the ship wasn't full, some things I really liked, others were only just OK.

Awesome! Thank you NCTribeFan and Happy Thanksgiving... :)

Glad to hear you had a great time! Leaving in a couple of days for our b2b2b on the Conquest so will read your review when we get back! Thinking it will be awesome!

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I've been searching the board all morning expecting to find at least ONE review from the 1st leg of the repo (NO - San Juan) but don't see one.

We had a tremendous Roll Call group with nearly 100 people at our 2-hr open bar M&G. Several of us ended up on the same tours, and a table mate (4 solos at an 8-top) was another solo female who was on the Roll Call.

Have to say I was a little disappointed in the Blue Iguana for breakfast. I went there the first morning and while the food was good, it wasn't hot! I guess I expected them to put all my requested items in the tortilla, roll it and heat it. I'm not a fan of cold eggs. And it was closed by the time I returned from tours, so never had anything else.

I did enjoy the Guy's Burgers. I had a Pig Patty four times. The last day, the bacon wasn't just crisp, it was burnt, but that was my only "complaint" and I still ate every bite! :D

I don't "do" the regular buffet lines at breakfast or lunch so can't comment on those. I switched omelette lines after two mornings because of the guy preparing them.

Only had one deli sandwich and one hot dog. Ate in the Steakhouse the first night. The free bottle of Chardonnay was horrible. I ended up pouring the rest down the sink. Food was fantastic; service wasn't. They were all really nice but not at all attentive. I think "good" service should be invisible, but these people really WERE invisible. Water not refilled, missing utensils, forgot my coffee...

MDR service also was not great. As noted - only 4 of us at an 8-top. Yes, one guy was a total PITA and I feel so bad for our wait staff, but it was pretty slack. The other full 8 and 10-tops they had got much more attention. But the food was, for the most part, very good. I don't know why I continue to order beef because I'm usually disappointed. The other dishes were quite good.

Anyway, just some random thoughts for now.

I've been searching the board all morning expecting to find at least ONE review from the 1st leg of the repo (NO - San Juan) but don't see one.

We had a tremendous Roll Call group with nearly 100 people at our 2-hr open bar M&G. Several of us ended up on the same tours, and a table mate (4 solos at an 8-top) was another solo female who was on the Roll Call.

Have to say I was a little disappointed in the Blue Iguana for breakfast. I went there the first morning and while the food was good, it wasn't hot! I guess I expected them to put all my requested items in the tortilla, roll it and heat it. I'm not a fan of cold eggs. And it was closed by the time I returned from tours, so never had anything else.

I did enjoy the Guy's Burgers. I had a Pig Patty four times. The last day, the bacon wasn't just crisp, it was burnt, but that was my only "complaint" and I still ate every bite! :D

I don't "do" the regular buffet lines at breakfast or lunch so can't comment on those. I switched omelette lines after two mornings because of the guy preparing them.

Only had one deli sandwich and one hot dog. Ate in the Steakhouse the first night. The free bottle of Chardonnay was horrible. I ended up pouring the rest down the sink. Food was fantastic; service wasn't. They were all really nice but not at all attentive. I think "good" service should be invisible, but these people really WERE invisible. Water not refilled, missing utensils, forgot my coffee...

MDR service also was not great. As noted - only 4 of us at an 8-top. Yes, one guy was a total PITA and I feel so bad for our wait staff, but it was pretty slack. The other full 8 and 10-tops they had got much more attention. But the food was, for the most part, very good. I don't know why I continue to order beef because I'm usually disappointed. The other dishes were quite good.

Anyway, just some random thoughts for now.

Still glad to hear there wasn't anything huge wrong. Did you eat at blue iguana for lunch?

I did not eat at Blue Iguana for lunch. With a port-intensive itinerary, I usually was off the ship during their lunch hours. And when I was on the ship for lunch, I had Fish & Chips (3 times). I missed my final F&C the last day because they closed at 2:30 rather than 3:30 like they had on some days.

I had questions about the plug and the surge protector I'd bought. It did fit and I used it to charge my camera battery and phone. I made sure to unplug it whenever I left the cabin because I didn't want to give anyone any excuse to decide it might be a fire hazard.

11101770073_a547451f85_z.jpg

I love this pic as we returned to the ship in St Kitts. We had a late port day, so she was lit up but it wasn't too dark to get a photo.

11101637765_d7587a10a4_z.jpg