Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

added question.....

it looks like it is near the elevator....hmm.. noise problem maybe? high traffic area?

We were on Pride 8237.There was some noise from above but not much of a problem and the room layout,balcony and location more than made up for any noise we heard.We really loved this room.

We just got off the Freedom, and we took the room 6202 across the front of the ship with windows that they consider inside cabins. I loved having the window for the inside price, however, the sound of the waves hitting were like bombs going off and it was incredible rough., I would not recommend this...

Thanks for your prompt response. We're booking today 8306 for 5/2/10 departure.

Hope you're feeling better. Just had a panic attack last week and it felt like having a heart attack, so I have sort of an idea of what you felt!. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and come back brand new!!!!!

Regarding room placement on ship.

Is there more motion felt of the ship with a cabin in the very FRONT of the ship ?

(We're sailing 9th deck Adventure of the Seas but the question really would apply to any of the larger ships)

Thanks!

Edited by 2CoolCanucks

Regarding room placement on ship.

Is there more motion felt of the ship with a cabin in the very FRONT of the ship ?

(We're sailing 9th deck Adventure of the Seas but the question really would apply to any of the larger ships)

Thanks!

Yes, the forward cabins will feel the most motion. If you put a pencil on your finger it moves up and down where the middle stays almost still- the lower you are the less motion you feel. If you are higher / forward --more then likely you might feel the sway of the ship- now if you hit rough waters thats something different totally.

Thanks. That's what I had heard but since we have always had room placements low and midship, it was never a problem. This time we are placed VERY front of the ship on Deck 9 AOS and we are sailing Transatlantic... hopefully I can still get it changed.

BTW, is the 9th deck a "better " deck than say, deck 3 or 2? (quality, price value wise)

Edited by 2CoolCanucks

Thanks. That's what I had heard but since we have always had room placements low and midship, it was never a problem. This time we are placed VERY front of the ship on Deck 9 AOS and we are sailing Transatlantic... hopefully I can still get it changed.

BTW, is the 9th deck a "better " deck than say, deck 3 or 2? (quality, price value wise)

You might want to check the deck plans for decks 2 and 3 to see if there is a high ratio of of three and four passenger cabins and adjoining rooms. These might be high population and high traffic areas. I like to book a cabin two decks under the Lido pool for quiet location and quick access to Lido/sun decks.

C

I am considering booking a fall cruise on Destiny. I noticed some odd shaped rooms, such as 6363 or 7319, that are the last rooms before the 9A wrapped balconies and aft rooms. These odd shaped rooms may be wrapped around stairs or elevators. They look like they have extra balcony space. Does anyone know about the strengths and weaknesses of booking such a room?

I am considering booking a fall cruise on Destiny. I noticed some odd shaped rooms, such as 6363 or 7319, that are the last rooms before the 9A wrapped balconies and aft rooms. These odd shaped rooms may be wrapped around stairs or elevators. They look like they have extra balcony space. Does anyone know about the strengths and weaknesses of booking such a room?

This sounds like the type of cabin I booked on the liberty, they are the L shaped cabins & the balcony is longer. Weaknesses - no couch, not everyone is a fan of the configuration of the room. Same amount of space as a reg cabin, just shaped differently. Plus is you have a much longer balcony.

we were in a group on the Conquest with rooms 6323, 6319, and 6277. I thought they were great, only experiencing very minor rocking. They were convenient to the elevators and only a few floors down from the lido deck. All in all, they were in great locations,

Just booked cabins 8021 and 8017 on Celebrity Summit for April 25. I know these cabins are very forward, do you think we'll have motion problems. One couple has never cruised before and I'm wondering if it is an okay choice for them. Any help appreciated.

Glad I can help!! We were in 8016 on Millenium and across the hall from it on Constellation. No movement at all!! You won't be able to tell when the ship leaves port! These were on cruises in the Med. and Caribbean. We liked being far forward as this part of the ship was very quiet.

The same can be said about the Royal Suite on the Enchantment of the Seas. It is directly beneath the Windjammer Cafe on deck nine. Lovely suite, but I too had to take a sleep aid to avoid the constant table shuffling noise from above.

Does anyone know about this cabin? There appears to have empty space above it--thanks for your assistance.

If a deck plan shows white space on a deck it is crew space. These spaces can be storage, service areas, corridors, etc. Some are noisy, like kitchens, some are quite.

Any thoughts (for a first timer) on cabin Dolphin-229 on Caribbean Princess? We have that booked this May. :)

Thanks!

Dolphin deck is completly opened to the decks above

this is the view from the balcony above you:

2499122210079365048jnmWko_th.jpg

2742676150101417785gvlQoH_th.jpg

A solution to help reduce the noise...a couple weeks before you leave, buy several types of the spongy earplugs and test sleep them before departure. You should be able to get used to them in a couple weeks time and they do a very good job of muffling noise. Personally, I like the cylinder shaped ones that don't taper at one end. The tapered plugs slid out of my ear too easily. The nice thing about them is that they are cheap and not only muffle noise near the room, they can muffle noise IN the room (not implying anyone snores or anything ;)). Yes, they'll take some getting used to but I sleep with them every night and only rarely find a noise loud enough to wake me up. Be sure to take extras.

Haha - ok, Serene...you know ALL these cabins, so...it's my DH & my first cruise ever, and our Carnival TA recommended room 6205 (interior). We were looking at interiors and she said this would be a good central cabin, good location, etc. for us being "first timers." What say you? ;) Hehe...THANKS! :D (i.e. rocking motion, noise, etc.)

Haha - ok, Serene...you know ALL these cabins, so...it's my DH & my first cruise ever, and our Carnival TA recommended room 6205 (interior). We were looking at interiors and she said this would be a good central cabin, good location, etc. for us being "first timers." What say you? ;) Hehe...THANKS! :D (i.e. rocking motion, noise, etc.)

6205 is a good choice. You are aware that inside cabins are extremely dark so please take an alarm clock or set the phone for a wake up call. The body will still think its night time and you can sleep away whole portions of your cruise.