Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Hello! Anyone had this room (8202) on Conquest? It's all the way up front.

It depends on what is important to you. For some proximity to things is important. For others, like ourselves, the walk really is not an issue, but we do want quiet so nothing below chair dragging buffets or boom boom from the entertainers practicing at midnight. Ship movement is another thing some are more sensitive to than others.

On the Serenade Of The Seas were right up front right under the bridge. Great cabin. Very quiet. Did not experience ship movement which I was a bit leery about.

If your cabin is at the extreme ends of a ship, you will be super-close to some things and a good stroll from the things at the other end of the ship. In our case we were a quick zip on the nearby elevator to the solarium pool where we hung out on sea days and to the theater where we went most evenings before our late evening MDR sitting. For the buffet and MDR, it was to the other end of the ship. Never thought walking was any issue, but if you were on a mega ship like the Oasis that could be a different story. We booked a cabin mid-ship for both that one and the Epic.

First time cruiser long time dreamer here. Currently booked in room 8446 on Carnival Glory. Anyone stayed there or close proximity. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

thanks a bunch

when is your cruise? is there something more convenient?

Its a walk to your cabin from the elevator-

you are located under the bar area of the aft pool.

You will get chair noises.

Can you move down a deck?

if needing to stay on this deck-- go towards the midship but the odd side, startboard side buffet area is carpeted.

The even side will have the pizza kitchen which is opened 24 hours a day.

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours a day.

Edited by serene56

We have booked FV Aft-facing balcony cabin on Celebrity Summit- 7201, There have been several comments about the FV cabins at the corner, but this one is the cabin one in. These cabins are on all the M-class ships. Wondered if anyone had any comments on their experience with these.

Thanks Serene56

Appreciate the info. Next stop, other side of the ship

8341 is available- you can ask to make that switch

7421 is available too- only one nieghbor- the other side is where they store the fire door. Above / below cabin space. easy access to elevators/ stairs up two decks for food down 2 decks for entertainment.

there is a ton of available cabins for you to swicth to.

and if you booked early saver you should be watching prices every day

Edited by serene56

Wow, time for me to post here next cruise rather than offer my 2 cents to the less-experienced (that I will nonetheless do anyway):

Just spent 12 nights Norwegian Fjords on Constellation RT Amsterdam: Unbelievable with consistently good weather: had starboard sweet 16 balcony.

(1) Are you concerned about ship movement? We have found personally that we go for price/view over such concerns as we have learned this is not a subtle issue for us: if ship movement is sufficient to bring on discomfort, doesn't make any difference where we are located. Didn't take an aft cabin on this vessel only because all aft balconies have been reclassified to include amenities we don't care to purchase (quite a shame).

(2) Have in last two years inhabited an aft cabin on Princess British Isles and last winter 8168 on Jewel of the Seas RT San Juan. If you are doing a warm/calm location for winter, an aft balcony (with cabins above/below) definitely adds to the experience, allowing you to spend some stary nights on adjoining lounges! Also found balcony a definite for Mediterranean cruise. As said above, locate an aft balcony with only one neighbor reduces by 50% the possibility of problems of any kind with a neighbor? Our Jewel of the Seas had only one adjacent balcony (to our left) we were surprised (my issue) that the Jewel has only two banks of elevators (not the 3 we have experienced on all of our ships) and the "walk to the elevators" from the aft position was significant -- but definitely worth the walk! Snagged what had been talked up on CC as the second most desirable balcony (for the money) on this vessel by making a very early reservation (in August for following December). Given the choice between Celebrity and RC (same port/month) even as a stockholder, would definitely go with Celebrity, if only for the quality of the dinning service. Best of luck.

DJ

• 2 weeks later...
I am booked on carnival fantasy upper deck room u77. This cabin is turned "sideways". Anyone have any problems with this type of room?? Any advice? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

its the same size just configured different- the beds side will be as soon as you enter the cabin- instead of the footboard when you first enter.

the vanity will be to the left of the room

We booked a spa balcony room on the Dream and cruised over Christmas in 2013. Spa cabin 12225 was right near a door leading out to the waterworks area. The wind would cause the door to slam whenever someone came in or out...all night long.

next time-- go throw a towel over the top of the door-especially at night- it will keep it from slamming

• 2 weeks later...

Any one have a suggestion on which cabin is better on the Carnival Breeze -- Carnival Breeze Jr. Suite or Ocean Suite. There is only a $100 difference to move from the Jr. Suite to the Ocean Suite. The only real difference I can see is that the size of the balcony in a Jr. Suite is the same as all other balcony cabins. Are there any other differences, pros vs. cons? Thanks.

Any one have a suggestion on which cabin is better on the Carnival Breeze -- Carnival Breeze Jr. Suite or Ocean Suite. There is only a $100 difference to move from the Jr. Suite to the Ocean Suite. The only real difference I can see is that the size of the balcony in a Jr. Suite is the same as all other balcony cabins. Are there any other differences, pros vs. cons? Thanks.

there is only two junior suites located all the way forward. very much walking through out the cruise

the Oceansuites are more midship. deck 7 for 100.00 more I would be making the move

Any comments on these cabins????????

I LOVE cabins by the elevators- and try to get them all the time. If you sail with rude people the people will be rude going down the hall too. so why not be convenienced some.

Your cabins are good choices.

Personally-- I prefer the balconies on caribe since they tend to be bigger.

I LOVE cabins by the elevators- and try to get them all the time. If you sail with rude people the people will be rude going down the hall too. so why not be convenienced some.

We think alike...I love, love, love cabins by the elevator!

It's so easy to find your cabin.

We put signs on our door and we've met lots of nice people this way.

Judy

Not to be argumentative, but I have never insisted on a cabin near an elevator. I figure with all the extra stuff one is wolfing down on a cruise, walking some of it off is not a bad idea; Likely should do a few rounds on the promenade track, but never seem to get that far, somehow.

Not to be argumentative, but I have never insisted on a cabin near an elevator. I figure with all the extra stuff one is wolfing down on a cruise, walking some of it off is not a bad idea; Likely should do a few rounds on the promenade track, but never seem to get that far, somehow.

Good point, but cabins near the elevator are also near the stairs.

I try to use the stairs as much as possible, but the best laid plans do not always work out. :):):)

Judy

After sailing in a forward cabin and needing to walk to the back of the ship for food. pools and entertainment I figured I did enough walking on that cruise to last me at least 3 more cruises.

After reading, commenting for years, thought I'd try with my own question:

The Island Princess is significantly different than many of the larger Princess ships. Unlike in 2013 when I took family of 10 on an Alaska RT Seattle cruise, stuffing us into three consecutive starboard Baja balcony cabins (we are, afterall, a "close" family and children should be with their parents?) the Island only offers "3" and "4" person balconies in their many mini-suite cabins. We will be "7" in two adjacent and because of Barcelona/Venice, are looking at port adjacent cabins (one indicating 3 capacity, the other indicating 4 capacity). Looking at Caribe (larger? fully covered?) and looking aft: any idea if the two doors aft exit onto a medium balcony? Any idea how the extra beds are configured in these pricy cabins? On the Star Princess all extra beds dropped down from the ceiling (and the kids loved them).

DJ:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. We are taking a cruise on the Norwegian Getaway mid October. Booked a guarantee room not really understanding what could happen at the time. Was assigned room 9102. Any input regarding this room would be awesome. Pictures would be great :) Thank you

Hi all. We are taking a cruise on the Norwegian Getaway mid October. Booked a guarantee room not really understanding what could happen at the time. Was assigned room 9102. Any input regarding this room would be awesome. Pictures would be great :) Thank you

you got a cabin with a window. but this is all the way forward. If you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion here.

It will be a VERY long walk every day to get to the food and the pools but it sounds like your first cruise so you will be out and about anyways

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/ncl_Gwy_OceanView_OA_WTH.jpg

more then likely the beds will be together for you

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Inside-FP-Modal.jpg

i have only found stock photos of the cabin-- sorry

We will be staying in a PT (2221) on the Carnival Freedom.

Anyone have experience with this room?

I'm not too worried about noise, because I expect it and can always find a nice pair of earplugs.

Curious to what kind of noise you expect to hear?

you are under the stage-- but you should be at the stage shows at night. Dancers practice after midnight-- but you are in an area BEHIND the stage not directly over it.