Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Has anyone stayed in 6460 on Dream? I read online that it has some noise from the club being below it. I won't complain too much because this cruise was practically free for us but I would like to know if I should try bringing on a fan and some ear plugs. If the noise is too much then I guess I will just have to join the party every night and sleep in late. No one is ruining that cruise! :p

I guess being prepared is the "thing." If you know that below you is an entertainment venue with speakers attached to the ceiling that pump bass through your floor with appropriate vibration, at least you know. Perhaps you itinerary allows you to sleep in and stay up til 3am -- maybe find out when the last show is and go to it? We basically hoped for a very relaxing experience and without any preparation we got to fight against Carnival that did its best to not be honest with us (thanks to our neighbors in adjoining cabins, who talked with us out on our balconies and told us of their experiences with passenger relations).

Obviously, a good attitude and "no surprise" about what will happen is very good.

DJ:)

I guess being prepared is the "thing." If you know that below you is an entertainment venue with speakers attached to the ceiling that pump bass through your floor with appropriate vibration, at least you know. Perhaps you itinerary allows you to sleep in and stay up til 3am -- maybe find out when the last show is and go to it? We basically hoped for a very relaxing experience and without any preparation we got to fight against Carnival that did its best to not be honest with us (thanks to our neighbors in adjoining cabins, who talked with us out on our balconies and told us of their experiences with passenger relations).

Obviously, a good attitude and "no surprise" about what will happen is very good.

DJ:)

Did you have 6460? I tried looking as best I could on the deck plans and it appears to be directly above the Jazz Lounge. If it was a room or two further midship it would be above the Caliente Club which I assume would have more bass and therefore more noise and vibration. I am hoping being above the Jazz Lounge won't be as bad. From your post, I can tell you had issues but not sure if you had the exact same room as mine or just a similar issue.

I got my room switched to 6484. It is an L shaped balcony room with the extra large balcony. It is also right by the aft balconies so we are not over the clubs. This should work out very nicely. :) The large balcony is going to be great.

Can anyone tell me about the rooms on deck 6 of the Freedom of the Seas. I'm sure it is in this post somewhere but with over 150 pgs of posts I am having a difficult time finding any info. We have balcony rooms 6616 & 6618 and also rooms 6604 & 6606. I have read that deck 6 is BAD. Also I have read that certain rooms are over the life boats. I guess I would just like to know if anyone had problems in these rooms. Any info would be helpful. This is our first cruise, so I am somewhat clueless. Thanks.

I got my room switched to 6484. It is an L shaped balcony room with the extra large balcony. It is also right by the aft balconies so we are not over the clubs. This should work out very nicely. :) The large balcony is going to be great.

is that on the dream?

you are over the lounge.. and this is where they do comedy shows, etc.

6460 is indeed over the jazz club- On our cruise last week this club was used as the smoking lounge and where cigar and pipe smoke was only allowed.

Avoid cabin 3116 on RCI's Legend of the Seas. This cabin is smaller than normal oceanview cabins, with less drawer and closet space than we've ever had in an RCI cabin before. The cabin connects with the one next door, so to keep the door space free, the room has only an armchair, not a couch or love seat.

But most important, this cabin is very noisy. It's right at the stern of the ship, and there is a lot of engine noise, so much that the noise seemed to reverberate in the bed frame. As well, we experienced even more engine noise when the ship was docking (as early as 6 a.m.). The cabin also seems to be located next to some sort of workspace, and there was a lot of banging and thumping on the other side of the wall during the day.

All in all, worst cabin we've stayed in. Avoid it!

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked room 9200 lido deck, right below the spa deck...which houses the gym. Does anyone have experience with this room or a similar location?

we had 9200 on the glory and heard nothing from the gym above (its two decks away)

9200 is under cabins that are on the Panaroma deck

Edited by serene56

We have booked cabin 2194 on Reflection. It looks like from the ship deck plan that we are above the Oceanview Cafe tables and chairs. Is this going to be a cabin with a lot of noise at night? If it is, we'll bring ear plugs and make sure our service animals understand the noise isn't going to hurt Mom.

TIA Kathleen

We are booked to Alaska June 2016. Anyone know anything good or Bad about cabins C525 and C529??? Just wondering if anyone has a negative or a positive? Thanks....

Edited by KathShe
messed up date

Hello everyone.....I'm planning a cruise on the summit for next May .....I've alway read it's always better to stay in middle of ship but does it really make a difference if I were to stay in front or back? Also....is there one floor I should be careful to stay on because what might be located over top of me? Thanks

Hello everyone.....I'm planning a cruise on the summit for next May .....I've alway read it's always better to stay in middle of ship but does it really make a difference if I were to stay in front or back? Also....is there one floor I should be careful to stay on because what might be located over top of me? Thanks

you want to stay away from being over or under any public space which could have a noise issue.

Midship is the better place to be for movement. its like a sea saw. the middle stays intact where the other two sides go up and down.

now if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are but forward will get the most with the aft getting the next

I prefer my cabin to be located by the aft elevators which puts me close to the food/ pools etc

We had this beautiful Aft Balcony cabin on the Summit in November in the Caribbean. The seas were fairly choppy and we felt a lot of rock and roll. The worst of it was the twerking where there were sudden jerking movements every so often. Made it a bit of a challenge to sleep. I didn't really care. the cabin was so beautiful as we sailed in and out of the gorgeous ports, but the DH found it a chore. People with mid ship cabins were not feeling anything at all.

This cabin is forward and on the very end of the row next to a crew locker. The noise coming out of this locker starts very early. The cabin is also above the Theatre so you have to listen to every show being rehearsed or played. The shows sometimes don't finish til really late so it's tough trying to get to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came of solstice I searched everywhere for pic or comment on what balcony view would be and couldn't get any info so for any future cruisers the balcony is not to obstructed the "winches" that hold the lifeboat is what is mainly outside balcony so you still get a view down towards water as well as good view out toward sea, so I'd be happy to book that room again

• 1 month later...

To anyone familiar with these double balcony suites I would appreciate any feedback you have. I am especially interested in comfort/privacy issues if we share with another couple. Also, is there any weather protection on the front balcony?

Thanks Very Much for taking the time to write!

First time on NCL (and most likely last), and first time in an aft balcony cabin (10317). Wanted to try something completely different...

Let me just say NIAGARA FALLS! Seriously. It is so incredibly loud back there, that we really could not even carry on a conversation.

If you enjoy sitting out on the balcony (who doesn't!?) avoid these cabins.

First time on NCL (and most likely last), and first time in an aft balcony cabin (10317). Wanted to try something completely different...

Let me just say NIAGARA FALLS! Seriously. It is so incredibly loud back there, that we really could not even carry on a conversation.

If you enjoy sitting out on the balcony (who doesn't!?) avoid these cabins.

Sorry of I am being thick, but what do you mean "Niagara Falls"? What was the noise going from. I am having images of pool water coming over the edge:)

Looking for feedback on cabin 1212 on the Breeze. It is a 1A with porthole.

Thanks in advance!!!

its the good side to be on-- the other side you will be woke up by the anchor dropping.

Bunk beds, couch, porthole windows

should be similar to this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=13600855&postcount=5