Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I am new to this forum and have never been on a cruise. My husband and I are planning a cruise early next year. I want a balcony room, but I want the balcony facing the sea, not the interior of the ship. I read somewhere that some balcony rooms face the inside. How do I know which ones face which way? Thanks.

Guessing you are looking at royal Caribbean mega ships as those ships have neighborhoods.

Any other cruiselines the balcony faces the sea

What ship are you looking at

you are under the dining room. but if above that gray area under you will get a vibration shuddering when entering or leaving the port.

it will be a long walk to the elevators/stairs

is the cruise soon? why is this the only thing available?

Cruise is 7/20/15.. One of the last rooms available in our price range. Last year on the valor we were on deck 1 and it was totally quiet. Didn't occur when I booked it that we would be directly under the dining room. Sigh.

Guessing you are looking at royal Caribbean mega ships as those ships have neighborhoods.

Any other cruiselines the balcony faces the sea

What ship are you looking at

Thanks! I have been looking at Carnival but I'm open to opinions on that cruise liner. Again, I'm very new to this.

I am new to this forum and have never been on a cruise. My husband and I are planning a cruise early next year. I want a balcony room, but I want the balcony facing the sea, not the interior of the ship. I read somewhere that some balcony rooms face the inside. How do I know which ones face which way? Thanks.

The Oasis class ships (Oasis OTS, Allure OTS and soon, Harmony OTS) of the Royal Caribbean fleet have balconies facing inward overlooking either "Central Park" neighborhood or the "Boardwalk" neighborhood and Oceanview balconies as well. A CP or BW balcony is usually somewhat less. You can see the ocean out the back of the ship from a Boardwalk Balcony, especially one farther aft.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

The Oasis class ships (Oasis OTS, Allure OTS and soon, Harmony OTS) of the Royal Caribbean fleet have balconies facing inward overlooking either "Central Park" neighborhood or the "Boardwalk" neighborhood and Oceanview balconies as well. A CP or BW balcony is usually somewhat less. You can see the ocean out the back of the ship from a Boardwalk Balcony, especially one farther aft.

And just to clarify, those Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships also have ocean facing balconies like other ships do.

Thanks! I have been looking at Carnival but I'm open to opinions on that cruise liner. Again, I'm very new to this.

ALl carnival balconies face the ocean.

But Spirt ships like Spirit, Miracle, Legend and Pride have obstucted balconies where the life boats sit at your railing

All other ships do not have any balconies that have obstructions

balconies are small and narrow- they hold two chairs and a table

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/epptL-_bDNs/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by serene56

2418 is a good choice. Its not further back where you will get the shuddering / vibration. its easy access to the stairs and elevators

still under the dining room- which is carpeted. IF you have the other dining room--- walk all the way forward to that set of stairs to get you there. you can not get to the Atlantic Dining room from your elevator.\

2418 is a good choice. Its not further back where you will get the shuddering / vibration. its easy access to the stairs and elevators

still under the dining room- which is carpeted. IF you have the other dining room--- walk all the way forward to that set of stairs to get you there. you can not get to the Atlantic Dining room from your elevator.\

Wonderful!! Thanks so much!!

Wonderful!! Thanks so much!!

Remember your cabin number. this will not be on your card.. to make it easier-- ONLY use the aft elevator unless you get the forward dining room.

Remember your cabin number. this will not be on your card.. to make it easier-- ONLY use the aft elevator unless you get the forward dining room.

I'm good at remembering the room #, just not know my head at the moment he wasn't able to look it up! We have assigned seating so I believe we will be eating in the aft dining room!

I'm good at remembering the room #, just not know my head at the moment he wasn't able to look it up! We have assigned seating so I believe we will be eating in the aft dining room!

Great so the only time you gotta travel is to go to the shows in the lounge. EVERYthing else will be in the back.

Have a great trip

Although this cabin is close to the stairs and elevators, it had some strange loud noises that happened periodically. At first we thought it was the neighbors, but it wasn't because it was too consistent. We think it was due to the lifeboats that hang right below it. Either way, I wouldn't stay in that cabin again. I woke up every night.

Although this cabin is close to the stairs and elevators, it had some strange loud noises that happened periodically. At first we thought it was the neighbors, but it wasn't because it was too consistent. We think it was due to the lifeboats that hang right below it. Either way, I wouldn't stay in that cabin again. I woke up every night.

Which cabin?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I thought it was just me! This is very much like what we experienced on the Carnival Elation (not sure what ship you were on). But yes very consistent and kept waking me up. I had to request another cabin the next day. Even when they came to see (or hear) what I was talking about they agreed saying it was something outside hitting the ship.

Carnival Splendor 1116 on the spa deck. The stairs from the spa deck (11) leading up to the water slide are right next to your room. From around 11 am-5pm you hear constant thumping non-stop as people run up and down all day. If you're up at the crack of dawn and don't spend much time in your room then it should be no problem though.

I thought it was just me! This is very much like what we experienced on the Carnival Elation (not sure what ship you were on). But yes very consistent and kept waking me up. I had to request another cabin the next day. Even when they came to see (or hear) what I was talking about they agreed saying it was something outside hitting the ship.

Which cabin did you vacate?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

On the Cruise Critic deck plan charts, I keep seeing these little pink squares marked EL. Does anyone know what those are?

I just looked at a few carnival and one Royal and one Celebrity.

where do you see that because i didnt even see one.

wondering if that is a service Elevator??

• 3 weeks later...