Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Do not book V42 on the Inspiration. Obstructed view means NO view. Two big orange life boats, and white metal railings in-between, this room shouldn't cost as much as the other Cat 11's.

Nice avatar love the tattoos ;)

We are doing a 12-day med cruise in a couple of months. We will be in cabin 9074 - next to the "bump" on Brilliance of the Seas, on the Elevator side. When we booked this room our Travel Agent said it would be a good room. Now I am not so sure ... will the room next to ours (the beginning of the "bump") obstruct our view much? ...and I'm a little worried that my view will be their balcony! I don't know if there are many options to change at this late date ... Help! Any information would be really appreciated.

Thank You.

We are doing a 12-day med cruise in a couple of months. We will be in cabin 9074 - next to the "bump" on Brilliance of the Seas, on the Elevator side. When we booked this room our Travel Agent said it would be a good room. Now I am not so sure ... will the room next to ours (the beginning of the "bump") obstruct our view much? ...and I'm a little worried that my view will be their balcony! I don't know if there are many options to change at this late date ... Help! Any information would be really appreciated.

Thank You.

I think you'll be fine. We were in that room - but down on deck 8 - on a Brilliance cruise. the view was OK. You could see the folks aft of you only if they were at their railing.

I think you'll be fine. We were in that room - but down on deck 8 - on a Brilliance cruise. the view was OK. You could see the folks aft of you only if they were at their railing.

Thanks for responding ... I feel a bit better.

Just got off the CB and had this full suite. Previews reviewers are correct.....there is an extremely noisy exhaust vent next to the balcony. It was LOUD and annoying...plus there is a wicked stench on the balcony. Smells like garbage that's been left out in the sun. We NEVER used our nice, big balcony!

The noise from the vent was heard non-stop inside the stateroom as well.

PLUS, there was a constant vibration (annoying) under the bed area!!!

AND, we suffered through Tropical Storm OLGA to boot YIKES

The Caribbean Princess CREAKS non-stop, it's scary.

It wasn't our first but definetely our last cruise with Princess, thankyou.

I am so freaked out about this room now.:eek: We have C749 and C751 booked on Caribbean Princess this July. Anyone else ever have these rooms??

Hi , anyone know ?? We are in cabins 1437 and 1441 toward the rear of The Carnival Liberty, don't mind being in lower deck , but wonder if we will have vibration from rear of ship or anchor noise, anyone know. I think we could possibly move further forward if we needed to . Thank you,

I did try the seach thread , but it was down again , so sorry if this has been asked before.

Cori

I am so freaked out about this room now.:eek: We have C749 and C751 booked on Caribbean Princess this July. Anyone else ever have these rooms??

not to discount the OP review--- But we had taken C753 based on reviews re read online. I am sure if it was as bad as the above people posted then these cabins would not be highly sought after.

Read reviews-- most are good.

I did not experince any of what the OP did with smell. motion etc. But she did state they sailed during a tropical storm so would have rougher waters then normal.

not to discount the OP review--- But we had taken C753 based on reviews re read online. I am sure if it was as bad as the above people posted then these cabins would not be highly sought after.

Read reviews-- most are good.

I did not experince any of what the OP did with smell. motion etc. But she did state they sailed during a tropical storm so would have rougher waters then normal.

Thanks serene, for your reply. My only concern is this vent that seems to be located right near C749 balcony.

Hi! Since you both seem pretty familiar with Carnival, we are currently booked on the Legend (Spirit class) in cabins 1120 & 1124. I was fine, until I noticed that it is directly under Satchmo's and the Dream Team Bar! Do you know if this will be a problem for noise well into the wee morning hours?? It seems I have seen more problems with noise above the music areas, rather than below, but I would think between the base in the music, and the dancing, it could be pretty loud! Anyone know anything about these cabins?? Thanks!!

LindaAl, When are you sailing on the Legend. My husband and I will be sailing 5/11/08 and we'll be in cabin #1222! Thanks!

Lynne

Does anyone know anything about the noise level on the Carnival Glory underneath the Golden Room. Thanks

Well "UNDER" the Golden room leaves a LOT of rooms to be considered.

But all put aside- the Golden Dining room is carpeted. And dinners are done by 10pm. Breakfast is served in the aft dining room.

you do NOT want Cabin under the galley. So be careful where your cabin is.

If you booked a guarantee-- thats the chance you are taking.

By any chance do you know anything about Carnival Liberty 1437 and 1441 on rivera deck I think it is starboard toward the aft, any problems there ??

Thanks

Cori

You are on a VERY quiet deck= convenient to the aft stairs/elevators which will take you directly to the food/pools on the lido deck.

If you requested the 2nd seating be at 6:15 or 8:30 walk to teh midship elevators to take you to the dining room.

If you requested 1st seating (5:45 or 8pm) only those aft elevators will take you to the dining room.

You are under cabin space and away from any areas with public noise.

You may get shuddering/vibration when leaving and entering ports.

If you hit rough waters that shuddering / vibration will be more noticable.

Your cabins have cabins on either side that only hold 2 people so you will not have "family" noise and should be rather quiet.

You are on a VERY quiet deck= convenient to the aft stairs/elevators which will take you directly to the food/pools on the lido deck.

If you requested the 2nd seating be at 6:15 or 8:30 walk to teh midship elevators to take you to the dining room.

If you requested 1st seating (5:45 or 8pm) only those aft elevators will take you to the dining room.

You are under cabin space and away from any areas with public noise.

You may get shuddering/vibration when leaving and entering ports.

If you hit rough waters that shuddering / vibration will be more noticable.

Your cabins have cabins on either side that only hold 2 people so you will not have "family" noise and should be rather quiet.

Thanks Serene 56 : I think we will just stay where we are then. We did book the 6:15 seating for dinner , so we just go down a bit further to get the other elevator then, thanks again.

Cori

Doing Alaska Northbound in Aug 2009 and had questions on cabin selection. Can get D1 - 9576, 9578 or 9580 (hump) or 1104 or 1604 (aft). The other option is E2 - 8592, 8594. or 8596 (hump). Has anyone stayed in these cabins? What are your thoughts on cabin selection?

Does anyone have info on Carnival Liberty #9256 - Lido Deck (interior)? We'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow:D :D and can hardly wait. Was upgraded from interior guarantee-Riveria Deck - and suppose we got lucky. Always been on the riveria deck and once on the empress deck - never Lido. Should be great being near the buffet and pools but was wondering about the noise and ship movement.

yep-- its an awesome cabin for booking an IS guarantee- Although stil lan insdie cabin--imagine the moeny you saved.

You are very convenient to the forward elevators. you wont get noise from here unless you sail with rude passengers.

Make sure you find the Stir Fry station during lunch one day-- its the only time its available-- its the best.

Walking from your cabin it should be the first station once inside those buffet doors.

Does anyone have info on Carnival Liberty #9256 - Lido Deck (interior)? We'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow:D :D and can hardly wait. Was upgraded from interior guarantee-Riveria Deck - and suppose we got lucky. Always been on the riveria deck and once on the empress deck - never Lido. Should be great being near the buffet and pools but was wondering about the noise and ship movement.

We had 9236 on the Liberty and it was a great room. So close to the food we ate wayyyyy too much as it was too easy to get to.

My wife and I just returned from the 3/17/08 Hawaiian cruise which was fantastic - except we booked a premium suite C755 and Princess failed to tell us that the view through the bedroom slider was obstructed by a 2 1/2 ft. support strut. Worse the base of the strut and its placement 3 ft. in from the side and half way between the railing and the slider effectively reduced by half the useful part of our deck. We visited friends in a vista suite D739 which cost less had the same floor plan and a deck that was twice as deep, just as wide and w/o a strut. To use our deck we had to move the chair around the table when we came outside because the space was reduced so much. I believe all premium suites on the aft portion of the ship have narrower than expected decks.

My wife and I just returned from the 3/17/08 Hawaiian cruise which was fantastic - except we booked a premium suite C755 and Princess failed to tell us that the view through the bedroom slider was obstructed by a 2 1/2 ft. support strut. Worse the base of the strut and its placement 3 ft. in from the side and half way between the railing and the slider effectively reduced by half the useful part of our deck. We visited friends in a vista suite D739 which cost less had the same floor plan and a deck that was twice as deep, just as wide and w/o a strut. To use our deck we had to move the chair around the table when we came outside because the space was reduced so much. I believe all premium suites on the aft portion of the ship have narrower than expected decks.

Jimber- now that you are a member on Cruisecritic--you can find information regarding a cabin you may be interested in. (This is how I found mini suite E731 on the crown

Anyone have experience with cabins cat.4 on deck 9?

Looking at the deck plans 9218 aft is close to the ship mates fun factory/children'pool.Any thoughts on noise or vibrations of the motors?

Maybe is 9023 forward better?

Thanks.