Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Thank you for your advice, it is really helpful. One more question what is the aft??? LOL, sorry, I really don't know.

Aft means the rear or back end of the ship. If you are on a ship with cabins facing out the back, these are the highly sought after "aft" cabins. On RCCL ships some of these have very large balconies. Especially the corner ones. People feel it is worth having to walk farther to get one of these rooms.

Normally cabin locations are all basically OK. One thing to keep in mind though is should you encounter rough seas..... Think of the pivot points of a ship. The front can go up and down a bit more than the middle. And if you should get any side to side motion, it is less nearer the water line. So a middle cabin on a middle floor can have many pluses. Can be better in big waves, is convenient to go up or down to things.

Look at your ship deck plans and see how close the elevator/stairs are to you. Do they go up to the pool etc easily? And down to dining/ shops/ theater? Should be OK if it meets these tips!

Enjoy that cruise!

Hello All!

So my DH and I are taking our first cruise this year on Freedom of the Seas. We booked our cruise online, and I thought I made a good choice with the cabin, but now I'm not so sure! :) I saw on some other RCCL ships that Deck 6 balconies have metal fronts...is that the same on the Freedom? We're in what they call a 'superior oceanview stateroom', which looks to be right outside some elevators towards the front of the promenade. I've seen lots of great advice on here, so any info would be great! Thanks!

:) I saw on some other RCCL ships that Deck 6 balconies have metal fronts...is that the same on the Freedom? We're in what they call a 'superior oceanview stateroom', which looks to be right outside some elevators towards the front of the promenade. I've seen lots of great advice on here, so any info would be great! Thanks!

No-- when they were building the newer ships starting with the NAvigator the metal partitions were replaced witht he plexiglass

Hey everyone!

Great thread! I read the whole thing looking for some insight for Carnival Valor 8319, Catagory 8C. I have been on one other cruise and I was 12...

I've looked on the ship diagram and it looks like we are close to a stage on the deck above our room. Is this an issue. I'd like to stay on deck 8 (The Verandah) as that is where the rest of my family will be.

Anyone have any information. I tried googling it and came up empty.

Thanks a lot!!

Hey everyone!

Great thread! I read the whole thing looking for some insight for Carnival Valor 8319, Catagory 8C. I have been on one other cruise and I was 12...

I've looked on the ship diagram and it looks like we are close to a stage on the deck above our room. Is this an issue. I'd like to stay on deck 8 (The Verandah) as that is where the rest of my family will be.

Anyone have any information. I tried googling it and came up empty.

Thanks a lot!!

8319 is far enough from the stage where you wont hear nothing at all.

I would worry about being under the pool deck coz you might hear charis scrapping.

Other then that--your cabin is fine.

Best deck to be on-- Empress deck- I wouldnt worry about being close to family members-- you are not in your cabin that much to begin with. Most of you'll will be out and about.

Vision of the Seas - Room 3331

Inside room - a dead end hallway so no one walking by your room. Only rooms above and below you

BUT....

next to an area where the staff keep their room cleaning carts and an elevator that they use for room service. Lot's of doors opening and shutting.

Also room is smaller than most insides.

We are booked for V2 on the Sensation, it looks to be a good rooms. Any comments = Pros :) or Cons :mad:

Irish :cool:

Only con is that the balcony is a long way from private, you are right beside and level with an outer bow deck.

We are going on our first Carnival cruise in Jan. 09....we have cruised on Priness 7 times & RC two times. This cruise is two 7 day back to back on the Valor & want to make sure we have a decent room. We are going with an inside....any suggestions? We are on guarantee so I'm sure at this early stage we are on the lowest deck (Riveria?)...we just booked it on Tues. so no info yet. What are the chances of an upgrade?

Thanks for any info...being a newbie on Carnival I really appreciate anything.

Hello All!

So my DH and I are taking our first cruise this year on Freedom of the Seas. We booked our cruise online, and I thought I made a good choice with the cabin, but now I'm not so sure! :) I saw on some other RCCL ships that Deck 6 balconies have metal fronts...is that the same on the Freedom? We're in what they call a 'superior oceanview stateroom', which looks to be right outside some elevators towards the front of the promenade. I've seen lots of great advice on here, so any info would be great! Thanks!

The metal is no problem since the 2nd Voyager Class generation. The first generation (Voyager, Adventure, Explorer) had the balconies build into the superstructure. It is literally like a cut out for each balcony. So the bottom was all metal. Since the second generation of the Voyager Class all balconies were attached on the outside of the super structure.

Below is a picture of the Freedom and you can see how the side balconies come out from the hull and the all plexi glass bottom.

2950570730046496353RWKliy_fs.jpg

We booked and inside gaurentee (yeah I know, I hadnt found this site yet) and got our stateroom assignment. 6219 on Carnival Freedom. I just checked out the deck plans and we are surrounded by a giant white void? Perhaps this is some kind of time warp machine where I can go back in time and NOT pick an inside guarentee? I dont plan on spending much time in my room, and I am a heavy sleeper, my two concerns would be, motion on front of ship and the great white void which envelops me. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

We booked and inside gaurentee (yeah I know, I hadnt found this site yet) and got our stateroom assignment. 6219 on Carnival Freedom. I just checked out the deck plans and we are surrounded by a giant white void? Perhaps this is some kind of time warp machine where I can go back in time and NOT pick an inside guarentee? I dont plan on spending much time in my room, and I am a heavy sleeper, my two concerns would be, motion on front of ship and the great white void which envelops me. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Walk out your cabin door and turn right--- out front of those cabins is a Public deck that you can use as your balcony. (actually go there so you can check out weather etc.) not many people know you can go out there.

the door will be located on the side of 6207.

You are above the back of the stage- the area behind you is like a passage way for the crew to get around.

If you like being awaking at 5 a.m. every port of call then this cabin is for you.Very and I mean Very loud and severe vibrations every port.It feels like it is missing a blade from it's propeller.Other than that it is fine.

Is anyone familiar with Panorama 1035 on Conquest. Looks like it is below the spa. Any information would be great!

I wouldnt worry about any but the 4 cabins in the very front of that deck which should be under the treadmills, that cabin is far enough from them I doubt you would hear anything.

Hi. A refugee from the NCL Pride of Aloha. They're trying to move us to Pride of America room 7642. We're very light sleepers. Looks like its above the kitchen area. Could this be a problem? Thanks for any ideas. (Do some of you have ship blueprints? ;) )

:D

Hi. A refugee from the NCL Pride of Aloha. They're trying to move us to Pride of America room 7642. We're very light sleepers. Looks like its above the kitchen area. Could this be a problem? Thanks for any ideas. (Do some of you have ship blueprints? ;) )

Ships "blueprints" can be found using http://www.cruiseclues.com scroll down and find your ship-- then once in there look for deck plans.

:D

Ships "blueprints" can be found using www.cruiseclues.com scroll down and find your ship-- then once in there look for deck plans.

I've seen the deck plans. I'm just amazed what you guys know about crew access doors and such. For the Pride of America the room in question, 7642, seems like it's above the kitchen for the dining areas on deck 6. I would think that the kitchen would be quite noisey below us. Is that usually the case? :confused:

:) On the Carnival Fantasy you want to be on the Veranda deck inside or balcony. 10 steps from pool and the elevator is right there. Everything except the 24 hr. pizza is in the front of ship. You never have to walk the length of the ship and stopping by your cabin no problem. And check in at the Port of Orleans if your on the Veranda and in a inside cabin VIP check-in. Walk right on the ship no wait.......