Pic's of Cruise Ships in Port

bymyglass

Just got off the Emerald Princess 10-day on Monday, so I picked up a few new 'ship in port' shots from this trip:

Side by side with Summit in St. George's, Grenada:

original.jpg

Both from Fort George, atop the hill in Grenada:

original.jpg

Dockside in Aruba:

original.jpg

Summit in Grenada:

original.jpg

Now, the Splendor is the most famous cruise ship the world. From our Crystal Symphony late July 2008 Baltics cruise, here are three views of this ship as we saw it in St. Petersburg and Copenhagen. We were also right next to it in Tallinn. That summer, this Carnival ship was brand new. Now, it is just a little "used". I can say that I "knew" the Splendor when things were much better.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 24,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are three views of the now “infamous” Splendor as photographed from the Crystal Symphony during our 2008 Baltics cruise. The first picture shows this large ship docked in Copenhagen with some church dome/towers in the background. The other two visuals show the Splendor docked in St. Petersburg at its industrial-style port.:

CPHSpendorDockedDenmark.jpg

StPeteSplendorDocked2.jpg

StPeteSplendorDocked.jpg

Now, the Splendor is the most famous cruise ship the world. From our Crystal Symphony late July 2008 Baltics cruise, here are three views of this ship as we saw it in St. Petersburg and Copenhagen. We were also right next to it in Tallinn. That summer, this Carnival ship was brand new. Now, it is just a little "used". I can say that I "knew" the Splendor when things were much better.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 24,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are three views of the now “infamous” Splendor as photographed from the Crystal Symphony during our 2008 Baltics cruise. The first picture shows this large ship docked in Copenhagen with some church dome/towers in the background. The other two visuals show the Splendor docked in St. Petersburg at its industrial-style port.:

I would sure hate to clean up that mess on the ship !! It would be horrendous I'm sure.

I would sure hate to clean up that mess on the ship !! It would be horrendous I'm sure.

Agree 100% that it would be really, really BAD!!! And since it will be some time before they have full power and services back on the ship, that makes getting that mess clean up done quickly even harder. I'm sure there is lots of furniture, drapes, etc., that will need to be replaces from damage, etc. Not pretty to think about.

Here are some docked and tendered views while visiting Norway this past summer. More pictures from Copenhagen, Norway, Bergen, etc. can be seen from my live/blog postings as I did this great cruise. This posting is now over 24,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

Arriving at Flam in Norway best fjord, the Silver Cloud Captain is right there directing this process. You can see here some of the fjord mountains, waterfalls in the background. The Sognerfjord is rated as the best in all of Norway for these views.:

FjordsDockedFlam.jpg

This picture shows the Bergen Norway) Floibanen funicular railway coming up the steep hill with the harbor, fish market, etc. in the background. On the top, somewhat right, two of the docked ships can be seen in the harbor.

BergenRailCarUpHill.jpg

Here’s the Silversea Silver Cloud in the top-rated and super scenic Sognerfjord in Norway. We are getting ready to depart from nearby Gudvangen after our morning visit to Flam, riding the railroad there, etc.:

SilverCloudFjordView.jpg

This is the dramatic overview of Alesund from the Aksla vantage point. This spot allows a nearly 360 degree view of this setting for this island city and the surrounding mountains and islands. It is at a 597’ height overlooking the five islands making up the scenic town. You can see our Silver Cloud down in the harbor.:

AlesundHarbor.jpg

Docked near us in Bergen while on the Silver Cloud is the brand new Seabourn Soujourn:

BergenSeabournSoujorn.jpg

This is the super scenic view from immediately above Geiranger that shows the Silver Cloud and Costa ships tendered. A little before this picture, we were to go to Mt. Dalsnibba as a photo stop from this 4,920-foot vantage for the snow-covered surrounding mountains, icy glaciers, crystalline lakes and Geirangerfjord far below. We went there, but it was totally “socked in”. It was so thick, you could barely find your bus on this day on top of the big mountain crowded with lots of buses from the Costa ship. But this view, at a lower level, makes up for that problems and provided a wonderful vista.:

Fjord2ShipsCloser.jpg

Was that photo done from a Wharf or a boat?

I was standing n the wharf and the ship wasn't very far away. As I turned to my left, Paul Allen's 300 ft, $162 million yacht, Tatoosh was tied up waiting for its master. (Note the custom fitted cover for the helicopter!)

p486408339-3.jpg

What a good way to capture 3 ships together! :), and I guess having them so close to each other helps as well!

I tend to over-use the in-camera panorama feature on my little Sony because it's so easy to produce a striking panoramic image with it with almost no effort. Point, sweep across the scene and 3-4 seconds later you have a cool panorama processed in the camera and ready to upload. The full-sized, software-stitched panoramas made the traditional way from the DSLR are still better for large prints, but for how much longer? :D

Dave

I tend to over-use the in-camera panorama feature on my little Sony because it's so easy to produce a striking panoramic image with it with almost no effort. Point, sweep across the scene and 3-4 seconds later you have a cool panorama processed in the camera and ready to upload. The full-sized, software-stitched panoramas made the traditional way from the DSLR are still better for large prints, but for how much longer? :D

Dave

Great pano! I really like using panos in some cases as well. Something a little different than the norm.

Here are some docked and tendered views while visiting Norway this past summer. More pictures from Copenhagen, Norway, Bergen, etc. can be seen from my live/blog postings as I did this great cruise. This posting is now over 24,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Arriving at Flam in Norway best fjord, the Silver Cloud Captain is right there directing this process. You can see here some of the fjord mountains, waterfalls in the background. The Sognerfjord is rated as the best in all of Norway for these views.:

FjordsDockedFlam.jpg

This picture shows the Bergen Norway) Floibanen funicular railway coming up the steep hill with the harbor, fish market, etc. in the background. On the top, somewhat right, two of the docked ships can be seen in the harbor.

BergenRailCarUpHill.jpg

Here’s the Silversea Silver Cloud in the top-rated and super scenic Sognerfjord in Norway. We are getting ready to depart from nearby Gudvangen after our morning visit to Flam, riding the railroad there, etc.:

SilverCloudFjordView.jpg

This is the dramatic overview of Alesund from the Aksla vantage point. This spot allows a nearly 360 degree view of this setting for this island city and the surrounding mountains and islands. It is at a 597’ height overlooking the five islands making up the scenic town. You can see our Silver Cloud down in the harbor.:

AlesundHarbor.jpg

Docked near us in Bergen while on the Silver Cloud is the brand new Seabourn Soujourn:

BergenSeabournSoujorn.jpg

This is the super scenic view from immediately above Geiranger that shows the Silver Cloud and Costa ships tendered. A little before this picture, we were to go to Mt. Dalsnibba as a photo stop from this 4,920-foot vantage for the snow-covered surrounding mountains, icy glaciers, crystalline lakes and Geirangerfjord far below. We went there, but it was totally “socked in”. It was so thick, you could barely find your bus on this day on top of the big mountain crowded with lots of buses from the Costa ship. But this view, at a lower level, makes up for that problems and provided a wonderful vista.:

Fjord2ShipsCloser.jpg

Beautiful!