Complimentary toiletries in cabin?

Is soap and shampoo or anything provided complimentaty in the cabins or do we need to bring our own? How about towels; do we need to bring our own to do shore excursions or is there a way to bring the ship off board?

Royal Caribbean has precious little in the way of bathroom amenities these days. There is a product in a dispenser in the shower that is good only for hair/bodies without special needs. There is also a small bar of soap on the sink. That is it! No lotion, no hair conditioner, no bath gel, no hair cap, no shoe shine thing. None of the traditional hotel room amenities. A shame really.

Leslie

We were in an inside cabin on Jewel, and there were robes in the closet for our use and some tiny bottles of RCCL's brand of conditioning shampoo, shower gel, and lotion in the bathroom. I'm 99% sure it's because my roomie for the cruise has Diamond status (then again, it could've been simply because our attendant, Leah, was fantastic!)

In our previous JS's, we got better amenities/toiletries. However, they're still not up to the standards of the products that I use, so I bring my own!

It doesn't take much space in your luggage--just shove the bottles (wrapped) in your husband's big ole shoes!

If you're particular about your hair, bring your own hairdryer, as well!

On the Rhapsody...shower has dispensers with: Shampoo/Conditioner-All in One and Liquid Bath Soap. A tiny bar of soap to use at the bathroom sink. No other 'freebie' toiletries are given.

As for bath towels, in cabin...your steward/housekeeping staff will replace all towels twice daily---if you have used them (and tossed on the floor) when they do the nightly 'turn down' service. If you re-hang them on the racks..they will not be replaced except once a day.

You are given large beach size towels (placed in your cabin) to use at the pool and you may take them to port on excursions. However, make sure to bring them back to your cabin (even from the ship's pool) or a $25.00 per towel charge will be placed on your S&S card if you fail to return them!!!!

If you need more large-beach towels, just request them to your steward.

We were in an inside cabin on Jewel, and there were robes in the closet for our use and some tiny bottles of RCCL's brand of conditioning shampoo, shower gel, and lotion in the bathroom. I'm 99% sure it's because my roomie for the cruise has Diamond status (then again, it could've been simply because our attendant, Leah, was fantastic!)

You got those items because you had a wonderful cabin attendant. ;) D/D+ do not get those wonderful bathroom amentities. JS cabins use to get the lotion, bath gel, shampoo, body puff, q-tip dispenser with cotton balls...............not anymore. :( JS cabins do get that dispenser of green/yellow/blue goo in the shower that is a total body experience from head to toe!!!:eek:

Oh I totally agree that Carnival has the edge on these little toiltetries! We had 3 diff varieties of shower gel, lotions, some hair gel, razors, Tums, Tylenol, decent shampoo and conditioners. And these items were replenished by our room attendants on both cruises. Princess is also excellent as they stock your room with their spa products of shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. I found that the lotion was very good. RCCL had only a soap/shower dispenser.

Hate to say it - but this is one area where Carnival puts RCCL to shame.

Does not bother me in the least, I have a closet full of that junk the hotels give ( and I do not mean Motel 8). I am really fussy about wht I use on my hair, and even Trump Plaza does not have products I like,

I bring my own.

When I have to much I donate them to shelters.

Does not bother me in the least, I have a closet full of that junk the hotels give ( and I do not mean Motel 8). I am really fussy about wht I use on my hair, and even Trump Plaza does not have products I like,

I bring my own.

When I have to much I donate them to shelters.

Exactly!! The only things we depend on are toilet paper and towels :D

###

Diamond/diamond plus get the upgraded bathroom ammenities. Though sometimes you have to "remind" the steward. Once we had to mention it, others it has been there waiting when we boarded.

Da

Not on our last b2b last fall and we stayed in a JS. Asked our cabin attendant, who was the greatest, and she said that it was cost cutting time. Remember, we were on Radiance..........it's just possible that each ship handles these items differently..........though it shouldn't make a difference.

In addition...........from the letter we got when we reached D+ it states that after 49 completed cruise credits we shall have "Upgraded bathroom amenities delivered to our stateroom".

Yes it is sad to say, but true. I understand that Norwegian has L'Occitance products from Province in their cabins. Amenities on Holland America are from Elemis and are very nice.

On my recent RCI cruise my cabin attendant left small bars of the worst smelling soap each of the seven nights of the cruise. By the end of the week I had a stack of 12 in the cabinet.:eek: His efforts to provide the best service possible were much appreciated, but, cheap bathroom amenities, to me, show a lack of care on the part of RCI.;)

Luckily I followed the advice of the kind people on these boards and took my own nice smelling soap.

We were on the Brilliance '04 (so things may have changed) and we had dispensers in the shower and also the small toiletries - there was body lotion, a small soap, face cloths and a tiny shoe shine on the shelf under the sink. If memory serves (and I belive it does) there was a tiny tube of eye gel too and some cotton buds (about 4 in a small pack). Maybe they dont do all that now....

We always take our own however as I use my lotions and potions of preference and DH likes his own shower gel and shampoo.

On Enchantment of the Seas this past February we had a Royal Family Suite and each of the two bathrooms was stocked with bottles of Spa shampoo, conditioner, body lotion,shower gel, mouthwash and neutrogena chap stick twice daily. Also cotton balls and Q tips and of course, bars of soap The lotion was especially good for sunburn. We also had robes and slippers at our disposal. We had a wonderful attendant also named Kenroy who took very good care of us:)

On our b/b/b on the Mariner we were given the ultimate package on our first cruise. On the second cruise we were given nothing but the tiny shampoo and conditioner. I asked for the lip balm and got it. On the third cruise we got the basics again. Who knows how they distribute the ultimate package. :rolleyes:

I was just thinking the same thing. I couldn't believe how many things were in the basket in the bathroom on our first Carnival cruise. :eek:

I do wonder why RCCL wouldn't offer these things as well. Most seemed to be trial versions packaged with ads for the product...which means it's probably some sort of deal with the manufactorors.

But it's not like anyone would choose to do one cruiseline over the other based on shampoo. :)

But it's not like anyone would choose to do one cruiseline over the other based on shampoo. :)

How right you are. Bathroom amenities are a big part of what makes me remember a cruise line's cabin comfort and make me return. This combined with other negatives could cause me to chose another line next time.

Archived