Complimentary toiletries in cabin?

when i see little to nothing as far as bath toilettries in the room,it makes me think the company doesent care and it makes me think they are cheap!!!!,or that they basically dont care if i chose them or not,this is not good business to me especially when cruise lines are trying to attract customers to sail with them:))) its just a thought tho:))):rolleyes:

I have to admit - having worked in the hotel industry, most of the bathroom toiletries get taken home by guests for some reason as opposed to used! Lets face it - the size of the bottles you get are neither here nor there....I have long hair and the amount of shampoo in some of these bottles just wouldnt be enough!:) and it usually takes the grip of Samson to squeeze any body lotion out of those bottles.

The freebies are nice to have - but I wouldnt lose any sleep over them not being there.

are always in our bathroom (shower gel, shampoo, lotion, bath poufs, Qtips & cotton balls). We are D1 AFT & Diamond members. I even have 6 bottles of each from Freedom at home just in case.

What in God's creation is a D1 Aft and Diamond member?? I am a Diamond member but never heard of a D1 Aft AND Diamond member. We prefer the stern staterooms. Could you possibly be trying to say that you are a Diamond member and you normally stay in a D1 stateroom towards the rear of the ship?? And you have some bottle at home, just in case? In case what?

Just wonderng.

Annieeee

Gosh, back when we were sailing with the old Premier Cruise Line, we were given shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower cap and shoe shine kits. There were probably one or two other things that I can't remember. Maybe that's one of the reason's they "went under". (just kidding)

It's always neat to get the LITTLE things that are left in the room. However, I never count of them. I bring my own.

Yes we are Diamond, yes we stay D1 AFT & yes we have 5 oz bottles of Explorae shampoo/conditioner, lotion, shower gel, bath poufs & Q-Tips * cotton balls in glass jars. The presenation is quite nice.

Then I got spares, just in case Radiance CLass may be cheap, so we have what we like. If they go belly up on freebies, we jsut refill the bottles to use onboard. But they were nice......... or maybe still are.

Folks have stated that they they had peti fores & chocolate covered strawberries delivered, we never have on 3 cruises as Diamond. SO maybe they are Diamond +.

We are also ELITE on Celebrity & get -0- from them even the coupon book is BOGO not freebies. Not even express embarkation, so I wonder if we get a free cruise on Solstice class. I doubt it!

What in God's creation is a D1 Aft and Diamond member?? I am a Diamond member but never heard of a D1 Aft AND Diamond member. We prefer the stern staterooms. Could you possibly be trying to say that you are a Diamond member and you normally stay in a D1 stateroom towards the rear of the ship?? And you have some bottle at home, just in case? In case what?

Just wonderng.

Annieeee

They used to give them out years ago..they were in paper containers as a matter of fact and they said "Save the Waves" on them. They were fun..especially to out out in a guest bathroom when you got home. Now they have the dispensers..blech...I always bring my own things with me anyways..I'm so picky about soaps and shampoos. Now if they filled the dispensers with Neutrogena, like some hotels I have stayed at I'd be thrilled! Best darn grocery store products out there!

Not on our last b2b last fall and we stayed in a JS. Asked our cabin attendant, who was the greatest, and she said that it was cost cutting time. Remember, we were on Radiance..........it's just possible that each ship handles these items differently..........though it shouldn't make a difference.

In addition...........from the letter we got when we reached D+ it states that after 49 completed cruise credits we shall have "Upgraded bathroom amenities delivered to our stateroom".

Patti as you know we had the same situation on the Panama Canal cruise in October. A JS and they no longer get the lotion package.......but we simply asked.......very nicely.....and our cabin steward was great and she immediately went and brought us some and kept us supplied throughout the cruise.......'

When all else fails........just ask nicely.........at least it worked for us or we had a super cabin attendant.:)

Patti as you know we had the same situation on the Panama Canal cruise in October. A JS and they no longer get the lotion package.......but we simply asked.......very nicely.....and our cabin steward was great and she immediately went and brought us some and kept us supplied throughout the cruise.......'

When all else fails........just ask nicely.........at least it worked for us or we had a super cabin attendant.:)

So right...........Fanny did bring us some after we asked her. It will be interesting when you do Jewel and we go back on Radiance in April to see what we get. Let us know.

I never thought I'd miss bathroom amenities, but I do....particularly a shower cap and hand lotion!!!! I won't use the dispenser in the shower. I have asthma and I am allergic to certain scents. HAL has the best array of items in the bathroom, and Princess is not far behind. But I have gotten hooked on RCI and will sail them again and bring my own "stuff."

So right...........Fanny did bring us some after we asked her. It will be interesting when you do Jewel and we go back on Radiance in April to see what we get. Let us know.

Will do..........of course to us it is no big deal if we get them or not.....we always take our own just in case.........but have certainly learned sugar goes a lot farther than vinager........if you know what I mean:)

In our previous JS's, we got better amenities/toiletries. However, they're still not up to the standards of the products that I use, so I bring my own!

It doesn't take much space in your luggage--just shove the bottles (wrapped) in your husband's big ole shoes!

If you're particular about your hair, bring your own hairdryer, as well!

The hair dryer in our GS on Sovereign in August would burn your scalp if you got it too close. It looked like the air intake deal hadn't been vac'ed out ever...I could only imagine what that extreme heat was doing to my hair, so most of the time I just let it air dry, except for formal night.

And, of course, it's overheat switch would kick it off every little bit so then I'd have to wait for it to cool down to finish. I should have asked the suite attendant for another one and reported that one before it caused an injury. It would have caused a serious burn had I left it in one place for more than a couple of seconds.

Hmm, well I am at 48, but so far have gotten these on each cruise. I guess it all depends on the who, what, and where.

Not on our last b2b last fall and we stayed in a JS. Asked our cabin attendant, who was the greatest, and she said that it was cost cutting time. Remember, we were on Radiance..........it's just possible that each ship handles these items differently..........though it shouldn't make a difference.

In addition...........from the letter we got when we reached D+ it states that after 49 completed cruise credits we shall have "Upgraded bathroom amenities delivered to our stateroom".

Just got back fro Vision of the Seas, inside cabin. We had only that "mystery liqud" that was in the dispenser. Fortunately, I brought along shampoo and conditioner. Didn't have any hand cream because I assumed it would be there just like other ships we have sailed on. We were a little disappointed but figured it was just another cutback by the cruiseline. For future cruises, I will be prepared.

We had a balcony room on Carnival Conquest in 4/06 and had a basket full of freebies. They also offered a robe upon request. Just got back from Rhapsody of the Seas in an ocean view room and there was nothing except a shampoo dispenser in the shower. Seems like on the 2 previous RCI cruises, they had a basket of goodies, but no more!

Do all the cabins have hairdryers and, if so, do they work well or should I bring my own? My hair is medium length and pretty thick, so I need something that won't take me an hour to dry my hair.

Every hair dryer I have used on board has been sufficient. My sister-in-law had one that did not work and they immediately replaced it for her. Never had a problem.

We were on the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago in a JR. Suite and had nothing but a small bar of soap and the shampoo dispenser deal.

Tanker4

Two weeks ago on the Grandeur, our JS had lotion, bath gel, soap, shampoo and conditioner, plus robes, extra pool towels (6) and tissue by our bed. ;)

Yes we are Diamond, yes we stay D1 AFT & yes we have 5 oz bottles of Explorae shampoo/conditioner, lotion, shower gel, bath poufs & Q-Tips * cotton balls in glass jars. The presenation is quite nice.

Then I got spares, just in case Radiance CLass may be cheap, so we have what we like. If they go belly up on freebies, we jsut refill the bottles to use onboard. But they were nice......... or maybe still are.

Folks have stated that they they had peti fores & chocolate covered strawberries delivered, we never have on 3 cruises as Diamond. SO maybe they are Diamond +.

We are also ELITE on Celebrity & get -0- from them even the coupon book is BOGO not freebies. Not even express embarkation, so I wonder if we get a free cruise on Solstice class. I doubt it!

We're Diamond and cruised on the Voyager last November. We were in a D1 category cabin (but not aft). No special toiletries. Were they in the cabin when you arrived or did you ask for them? We did get the chocolate covered strawberries. And they were yummy too! :)

which is on the counter in the bathroom. Then you put the shower gel & shampoo in the shower with the poufs. The lotion stays on the set til we use it. After 2 weeks they are empty. So the 5 oz bottles are a good size.

On Freedom our Steward, a great gal from S Africa, asked me to test some products that they are concidering using instead of Explorae. The shampoo was so watered down I needed 2 bottles for a shampoo. The shower gel was like water & I itched terribly after. The lotion had a weird smell to it that even she noticed. SO I went with her to a board room & talked with her bosses on the products with the bottles I used. Had them smell me also. They re NOT using those products.....

We're Diamond and cruised on the Voyager last November. We were in a D1 category cabin (but not aft). No special toiletries. Were they in the cabin when you arrived or did you ask for them? We did get the chocolate covered strawberries. And they were yummy too! :)

We did not ask for our products.

We did not get the chocolate covered strawberries (have had them on some cruise, but don't remember if it was RCCL), however we are not Diamond, either.

After the liquid restrictions put into effect this past year, I think it would be in all cruise lines best interest to install dispensers for shampoo and body wash in the showers as well as providing a small bottle or sample of lotion and toothpaste.

We are not diamond members as this was our very first RCL cruise (Enchantment in February). It sound like amenities are a crap shoot. We had bath products, lip balm, lotions replenished twice daily...without asking our stateroom attendant. We also had chocolate covered strawberries, a fruit platter, Evian water several times. One evening a plate of assorted desserts arrived. We don't know why. We didn't care either as we enjoyed every lovely minute! I did notice in looking through brochures to choose our next trip that not all the ships have concierge. We loved Julian though so another trip on enchantment is certainly a choice we may make. Our Son got a big kick out of the personalized stationary and the pillow menu:)

...oh, and we're now very lowly gold members:p

Archived