November '07 Legend Transatlantic Crossing

Host Dan

Hi all,

I thought there was a thread for this roll call, but couldn't find one.

We will definately be on Novembers Transatlantic this year!! Already booked flights and hotel. Anyone else? :confused: :confused:

Host Dan

All right!!! Many Legendary crossers have already booked this and even the November 2008 crossing as well. My hotel and airfare were finalized in December. I am staying 3 nights at the Lapa Palace before the cruise. Are you booked there or another hotel?

Also glad things will be back to normal with you in charge of the Legendary Travelogue. If you like, I can be your "Cub Reporter" and provide reviews of my shore excursions and posting a few photos as well.

Is it November 7, 2007 yet ? :confused: :D

All right!!! Many Legendary crossers have already booked this and even the November 2008 crossing as well. My hotel and airfare were finalized in December. I am staying 3 nights at the Lapa Palace before the cruise. Are you booked there or another hotel?

Also glad things will be back to normal with you in charge of the Legendary Travelogue. If you like, I can be your "Cub Reporter" and provide reviews of my shore excursions and posting a few photos as well.

Is it November 7, 2007 yet ? :confused: :D

It had better be Nov 7th still!!! We arrive on the 6th, so just the 1 night in Lisbon. We are staying at the Marriott this time. I hope to resurrect a "proper" travel logue this crossing. :)

Host Dan

Now gentlemen, you both are booked on the March 2008 Legend eastbound crossing! However, if you try the westbound Nov. Legendary crossing you will much more enjoy retarding your watches and clocks than advancing them, IMHO. You get an extra half day of sunshine! :p

Matt, my TA, based on input from her clients who stayed there, highly recommended the Lapa Palace and Deb "dmb707" gave me a thumbs up review. I wanted a third opinion, as you were going to stay there before the President's Cruise after the Pride crossing. Since your plans changed and your upcoming cruise does not begin / end in Lisbon, I will be happy to post my assessment of the Lapa during the Legend crossing.

Since your plans changed and your upcoming cruise does not begin / end in Lisbon, I will be happy to post my assessment of the Lapa during the Legend crossing.

It would be most appreciated! :)

sorry to hijack the thread

Now gentlemen, you both are booked on the March 2008 Legend eastbound crossing! However, if you try the westbound Nov. Legendary crossing you will much more enjoy retarding your watches and clocks than advancing them, IMHO. You get an extra half day of sunshine! :p

If I didn't already have Nov. '07 plans, I would have tried to secure a spot! I love the idea of gaining time versus losing it!! However, my Nov. cruise is a (somewhat deductible) geek cruise, and I'll need to do that....

However, I'm gonna look real hard at 11/08 and try to keep things "open"!

(the other) Paul

Hi Dan

Wally and I will be there as well - however we are starting in Rome so we will get to wave at you during the lifeboat drill! :) I love the extra hours you gain on these November cruises. We have six months to look forward to this cruise.!

I have just emailed my TA to ask her to cancel my reservation for the November 07 crossing. I will be flying to Colombia for 2 weeks instead ;). Not sure how full the cruise is but it means a suite is now available - or will be soon.

I will miss seeing so many friends!

I have just emailed my TA to ask her to cancel my reservation for the November 07 crossing. I will be flying to Colombia for 2 weeks instead ;). Not sure how full the cruise is but it means a suite is now available - or will be soon.

Which suite Norm??? ;)

Host Dan

Indeed we try to do a spring and a fall crossing Johnny, because especially my husband likes sea days! I do too, but I don't mind cruises with a lot of ports either. So far all of our fall crossings have been smoother and warmer as well. But nowadays it is hard to do any predictions about the weather all over the world. Yes, we do know that it is not likely to snow around the equator, but once I suffered from the heath in Oslo the worst in my life! Running from shelter to shelter we reached the Pride again. So don't kill me if we will have a storm in November!

Great news!

As the ship is full and we are on the waiting list. Not sure how many people are infront of us though. Fingers crossed. Have fun in columbia Norm.

Hope to see you there Dan

Elaine and Trev

Great news!

As the ship is full and we are on the waiting list. Not sure how many people are infront of us though. Fingers crossed. Have fun in columbia Norm.

Hope to see you there Dan

Elaine and Trev

Elaine and Trevor,

I too am keeping my fingers crossed that can join us in November as well!! :D

Host Dan

Archived