November '07 Legend Transatlantic Crossing

Host Dan

Got a call from TA and our docs are in.:) :)

Dan, is there a time to meet the night before at the Marriott?

Bob

No set time. I figure we will probably have a drink at the bar before dinner, so maybe around 8ish??

Host Dan

Host Dan, I'm new at this threading. Seabourn alum, but first time Atlantic crossing. What will weather be like, type of clothes, winter,summer? Any other info, most welcome. Bush in New Orleans:) Staying at Lisbon Marriott

Bush,

This will be my sixth Legend November crossing and the weather and seas have been typical each year. Lisbon tends to be cold in November so I would recommend that you bring a jacket to keep warm. For the Canary Islands, layering your clothes with a sweater or light jacket works the best. In Tenerife, our last port before the party really begins, the afternoon temperaute is in the mid 70's. As we sail westward towards FLL, the temperature gradualy rises to the mid 80's. During this time my daytime wardrobe is simple: sandals, shorts and tee shirt.

The seas have been calm for all my November crossings! However, as we have learned from the Pride March and September crossings, King Neptune can decide to cause a rukus with the motion of the ocean. As a precaution, I recommend bringing your preferred over-the-counter motion sickness preventative.

Enjoy the lazy, hazy crazy crossing days on Sebourn! :)

Host Dan, I'm new at this threading. Seabourn alum, but first time Atlantic crossing. What will weather be like, type of clothes, winter,summer? Any other info, most welcome. Bush in New Orleans:) Staying at Lisbon Marriott

Bush, Please introduce yourself at the Lisbon Marriott. I'm sure you will see us at the bar / restauarant! It will be a pleasure to meet you!

Paul, Thanks for the good info!

Host Dan

Thanks PeaSea8ch and Host Dan. Will be at Lisbon Marriott Nov,4-6. See you at the bar. Bush

We arrive on the 6th, so we will see you the last night in Lisbon before joining the ship! :)

Host Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just a few weeks away, and I'm already getting excited! Looking forward to seeing friends Ive made, and friends I will make!

Reading the encyclopedia to get ready for trivia!:p

Countdown.... 17 days and counting!:eek:

Host Dan :o

PS Has any GTY cruiser received suite assignment yet??? I'm still waiting!

Leaving on Oct. 30 for a few days in London. See you at the Lisbon Marriott. We're in Suite 100. Played Trivia on last Seabourn cruise.

Bush

We'll see you at the Marriott! Have a safe journey!

Host Dan

LB,

I assume you want to send an email to a guest onboard. Send an email to the following address:

guest.legend@seabourn.com

If your friends are sailing on the Pride or Spirit, replace legend with the name of the ship. In the subject line, type the name of the guest and their suite number. When the email arrives the Purser's Office will print it out and deliver it to their suite free of charge to you and the guest. I have had friends email me onboard and atttached pictures and the purser's office printed those out as well (in B&W).

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Thanks Dan,
When I checked my suite assignment yesterday it still said "GTY" today when I checked I was very happy with my suite assignment! :D I will check tomorrow for my "second upgrade." :p Dan if [I][B]you[/B][/I] get a "third upgrade" you are bringing the "good popcorn" for Trivia! ;) I will again be bringing Trivia supplies for the tournament. Note to LegendaryTrivia players from last year's Nov. crossing, I did make certain the mechanical pencils will work this time! :o

It won't be long now....
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived