November '07 Legend Transatlantic Crossing

Host Dan

Hi Carol,

It makes us feel honoured, it is not often we get anything before anyone else, we often feel like the "poor relations"here in the UK. We have had the booklet for Rome to Lisbon for several weeks now. Anyway, to answer your question, there are 3 formal nights on that sector. It is great that we will have the opportunity to dress up 7 times!!!! Hope you and Wally are well, see you in October!

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn and Carol!

We certainly didn't get anything here in Holland yet. And I don't think René would like to know, that he has to wear his "tux" or something what remotely looks like it for 4 times! I better keep him in the dark about that.

All the best to you,

Marja

Lefty Bob,

Just got back from a cruise to Alaska, hence the tardy reply to your question. We are staying at the Lisbon Marriott downtown as well as Bldsld and Shefinch. I assume we will all meet for drinks and dinner the evening before the cruise, at the hotel.

Were is everyone else staying that evening??

Host Dan

Hi Dan!

Bldsld won't be joining us unfortunately I'm afraid. My husband René and I will stay in a Cascais Hotel the night before we sail overlooking the Ocean. Maybe we can see the Legend arrive in the early morning! I'm an early riser anyway, so it could be possible.

Marja

Hi Dan!

Bldsld won't be joining us unfortunately I'm afraid. My husband René and I will stay in a Cascais Hotel the night before we sail overlooking the Ocean. Maybe we can see the Legend arrive in the early morning! I'm an early riser anyway, so it could be possible.

Marja

Wow, bldsld will not be joining us?? That's bad news! I was so looking forward to seeing D and K. :(

Host Dan

I can't tell you why bldsld will not be on the Legend crossing. I know, but it is not up to me. Of course I thought it wouldn't harm if I only told Dan that they won't be on the crossing because he was asking about getting together the evening before.

All the best, I'm off to Spain!

Marja

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Seabourn friends!

As you can see in my signature (sorry Tom) I won't be joining you in the Transatlantic crossing. Let's say I'm otherwise occupied! I hope to show you all my somewhat different hairstyle in the future. Maybe on the April Legend crossing. Let's keep our fingers and toers crossed! I will be there with you in my thoughts. Think of me sometimes in the Sky Bar, the Club, the restaurant or on the sun deck or walking my rounds every morning.

Love,

Marja

Hi all!

Let's not make this a secret. Life is life. And sometimes life is a *****.

Once again cancer is in my body; this time in my rectum. I will need radiation and surgery. There also could be a metastasis is my liver, but after today's scans and echoes, that show it is not a cyst (which would be good) the doctor hopes, that what they see there is benign. He compared a scan from 2002 with this weeks one and that little thing in my liver was already there in 2002. So that could be good.

Monday I will hear what the plans are. Also if we could go on the Pride September crossing before all the treatments.

If I'm in the mood, I will let you know.

But I'm a tough Cookie and I definitely want to go on that complimentary cruise Seabourn owns me! So you haven't seen the last of me. But the November Legend crossing is out of the question. Kathryn, will you sit next to Tom Thomassen during captains dinner for me and tell him that I will be at his table in the future?

Of course I could send some of you separate emails, but from others I don't have the email address. And all that guessing doesn't help, does it?

So now you know, Seabourn-nail is ill.

Please send me private emails or "talk" to me via this board. It helps me relax.

And promise me all, go for it, Carpe Diem!

Love,

Marja

Marja,

So sorry to hear your news. Although we did not know each other except from the boards, we were due to meet on the crossing this November. Do hope you feel well enough or in the right frame of mind to do the Pride crossing and I'm sure everybody will be thinking of you on Legend crossing. The very best of luck with your treatment and please keep us posted.

Shelagh and Larry

>"Monday I will hear what the plans are. Also if we could go on the Pride September crossing before all the treatments. If I'm in the mood, I will let you know."

I do so hope you will be in the mood. Just think of the benefits of rest and good food to prepare you for whatever is ahead.

Sending you and your family good wishes.

Marja,

I was so looking forward to meeting you in November. I do hope that you will kick this thing, and we will have the chance to meet on another Seabourn cruise. Keep your chin up, and I will say a prayer for your speedy recovery! :)

Host Dan

We will hold all good thoughts for you here in Tucson. Attitude is major, and you definitely have strength there. Thanks to modern medicine, your prognosis is good. You have wonderful incentive to get well...a FREE TRIP!

Our best wishes are with you, Lola and Don

Hi Marja

yes life is a ***** at times, especially when you least expect it, I wish you well and i hope sincerely that your treatment is not too horrendous and that your results on Monday are good.

Take care and please look after yourself

deb

Marja, I'm new to seabourn,but am familiar with many due to reading their posts. I wish you and your family all the best and am looking forward to meeting you in the future. My prayers are with you. Take care.:)

Marja--I share in everyone else's good wishes for you. You know from your past that attitude is Everything (a trusted good doctor helps too). Ones that recover health are the ones that believe and keep faith that they will; I'll be thinking of you.

Winnie

Marja - I really enjoyed meeting you on the November crossing last year and was so looking forward to seeing you again this November. I hope and pray all goes well with your treatments and that we get to do a crossing again with you soon.

Carol

Archived