Paper or Electronic, which will you choose?

OhioJeff

Ok,Ok,Ok. I'm almost sold. Almost. I have read that I should not EXPECT an upgrade, but if I recieve one that would be good. Do you think by us printing early that that would ruin a chance of a possible upgrade? Or have people recieve the blue book and still recieved upgrades at the pier? Just asking, remember (in case I haven't told you) I'm a first time adult cruise and my DH has never cruised before.

P.S. Ashleezmom, you mifgt have to consider that career change Monday morning!! :D

I received my documents (blue book) and when I got to the pier to check in the Carnival rep said that my cabin had been changed so I guess you would still have a chance of your cabin being changed up to the day of sailing. My only problem with the move was the fact that my luggage went to the old room.:eek: I went to that room and had to lug the luggage to the new room. Not a big deal!

Actually, you can choose paper docs and still print them out. Just hit the button to continue, then print the e-docs. Still the same e-docs, but also states you will receive the paper docs. Hey, you dance NOW and LATER!

OKEE DOKIE!

E-docs are printing as I type (just 10 pages lol) But our cabin assignment is still listed as TBA so I guess I will have to check back. They have us assigned for first dinner sitting which I will talk to the Maitre'd (sp?) once there, we told the TA we wanted 6:30ish so as not to have to rush back from excursions. But everything else is cool. Thanks so much for all of your help Ashleezmom. That is why I enjoy this board so much.

Let me know how the conversation with your husband turns out :D .

E-docs are printing as I type (just 10 pages lol) But our cabin assignment is still listed as TBA so I guess I will have to check back. They have us assigned for first dinner sitting which I will talk to the Maitre'd (sp?) once there, we told the TA we wanted 6:30ish so as not to have to rush back from excursions. But everything else is cool. Thanks so much for all of your help Ashleezmom. That is why I enjoy this board so much.

Let me know how the conversation with your husband turns out :D .

Woo Hoo doing the dance, well you can check back and re-print at any time so that is a plus! What does it say on your page 10 luggage tag??

Ok,Ok,Ok. I'm almost sold. Almost. I have read that I should not EXPECT an upgrade, but if I recieve one that would be good. Do you think by us printing early that that would ruin a chance of a possible upgrade? Or have people recieve the blue book and still recieved upgrades at the pier? Just asking, remember (in case I haven't told you) I'm a first time adult cruise and my DH has never cruised before.

P.S. Ashleezmom, you mifgt have to consider that career change Monday morning!! :D

I have recieved the blue book and still recieved an upgrade at the pier several times:D. If I did gty why I'd just choose them and keep checking. I would wait until close to sailing to print and hope:D

Montekat wish I had seen your post sooner and I would have tried it. I love to dance.

It's a salmon colored tag that only has the sail date and our booking number. Our names are not even pre-printed on it. It is saying on page three that this is a sample. I'm assuming because we are not assigned to a cabin is the reason it is just a sample.

It's a salmon colored tag that only has the sail date and our booking number. Our names are not even pre-printed on it. It is saying on page three that this is a sample. I'm assuming because we are not assigned to a cabin is the reason it is just a sample.

OIC - ours didnt have our name either...we just wrote them in. Well girly I will need to be updated when you get your cabin...so keep me posted! And I'll chat with DH when he gets home from fishing today..hehe

OIC - ours didnt have our name either...we just wrote them in. Well girly I will need to be updated when you get your cabin...so keep me posted! And I'll chat with DH when he gets home from fishing today..hehe

LOL. I will keep you updated. Thanks again for all of you wonderful help.

We, too, have opted to go ahead with the E-docs.

I am a bit concerned, though, because we have nothing listed for Shore Excursions, even though we purchased on online quite some time ago. Also, can someone tell me what Third Dinner Seating is? That is what's listed as our preference, but I thought there were only two seatings? :confused: Can someone please help a confused first-timer?

We, too, have opted to go ahead with the E-docs.

I am a bit concerned, though, because we have nothing listed for Shore Excursions, even though we purchased on online quite some time ago. Also, can someone tell me what Third Dinner Seating is? That is what's listed as our preference, but I thought there were only two seatings? :confused: Can someone please help a confused first-timer?

What ship are you on and do you have your cabin assigned?? Our third seating dinner is at 8:00 which at this point is still only requested...We booked our excursions also and they were listed on the docs, i'm just thinking if your cabin has not been assigned maybe they wait to post that. You have your receipt though right? I'm sure that would be sufficient proof.

We are on Miracle.

We booked a GTY, but our reservation has shown a cabin assignment for a few weeks now. Our docs also list that cabin assignment on them. I do have a PDF of the receipt, and it does show up when I click on My Reservation on Carnival's web site. I'll just be sure to print a copy before we leave.

We are on Miracle.

We booked a GTY, but our reservation has shown a cabin assignment for a few weeks now. Our docs also list that cabin assignment on them. I do have a PDF of the receipt, and it does show up when I click on My Reservation on Carnival's web site. I'll just be sure to print a copy before we leave.

Well that sounds good!! I'm sure everything will go smoothly. You have a wonderful Honeymoon on the Miracle!!

Cool. I'm glad Carnival is going to give you the option to either have paper or edocs. I would like the paper docs still. But I see that you can still have access to the edocs when your paper docs are prepared for mailing. So you can have both too. We all win!

Paper is cool, but unless Carnival does something better with their paper docs, give me their electronic each and every time. That paper document is just boring and looks very outdated, the edoc is up with the times.

Now all they need to do begin to take our credit card for the sail sign account when we do our fun pass and they have hit their mark.:o

Paper is cool, but unless Carnival does something better with their paper docs, give me their electronic each and every time. That paper document is just boring and looks very outdated, the edoc is up with the times.

Now all they need to do begin to take our credit card for the sail sign account when we do our fun pass and they have hit their mark.:o

Yeah I agree with the credit card being given for the sign & sail. It would even save more time for embarkation...Thanks for the update on the link too!!

Sorry - couldn't get it to work using the link but got into it through my Canrival Account. COOL!

We got first dining - which is what we wanted.

I think I will print off some Computer labels with the flight info and such to put on tags for our return. That way if something happens to the bag coming off the ship they will know which airline we are traveling on.

Sorry - couldn't get it to work using the link but got into it through my Canrival Account. COOL!

We got first dining - which is what we wanted.

I think I will print off some Computer labels with the flight info and such to put on tags for our return. That way if something happens to the bag coming off the ship they will know which airline we are traveling on.

Woo Hoo!! I agree with you on the computer labels, I think I will do the same for our Destiny cruise!!

I still like getting docs in the mail. And they weren't that boring to me. Just glad they're giving everyone an option, because I don't want to just go online to see my docs.

Ok I just read the posts starting from page 3 where I left off the other day and I can tell some of you are soooo excited about e-docs. Good for you! It is a nice option. However, for those of us who still want the old bulky boring blue docs, you can still have them sent and still have edocs. If you go to the mydocuments.carnival.com and choose to have paper docs, you will still have the option of having e-docs as well. You will have BOTH options. I don't think it gets any better then that. So for all you advocates of e-doc, e-doc, e-doc, people are still able to get the wonderful e-docs AND paper docs later on as well ;). Oh, but like others have said you do need to have your balance paid in full before you can view and print the e-docs.

WhooHoo, I'm so excited for my cruise to begin.....

I still like getting docs in the mail. And they weren't that boring to me. Just glad they're giving everyone an option, because I don't want to just go online to see my docs.

I like them both!! We already received our docs for Paradise, but I still went online and printed them also just to see what it was all about and they are very nice. There are still a few glitches in the system, but when they work it all out they should be great! But of course everyone will be given an option.

I checked this out today. We're 168 days out. But, clicking on "View Boarding Pass Online" took me to edocs page. I requested paper. And browsed the edocs site a bit.

When I came back to the main page..it showed my cabin assignment. 7325 on the Valor.

Weather this is the final word until final payment is received is unknown. But it's nice to be able to check on this, especialy, this far out.

Question? When you print the luggage tags, how do you attach them to your luggage. No string, no little 'grommet', and printer paper is pretty flimsy. Maybe bring some clear 'packing tape' and string? Laminate them?

I checked this out today. We're 168 days out. But, clicking on "View Boarding Pass Online" took me to edocs page. I requested paper. And browsed the edocs site a bit.

When I came back to the main page..it showed my cabin assignment. 7325 on the Valor.

Weather this is the final word until final payment is received is unknown. But it's nice to be able to check on this, especialy, this far out.

Question? When you print the luggage tags, how do you attach them to your luggage. No string, no little 'grommet', and printer paper is pretty flimsy. Maybe bring some clear 'packing tape' and string? Laminate them?

I printed all my tags (they are on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, you fold them in thirds then I used clear packing tape to cover them completely. Another CC wrote that she laminated hers. Then just staple or tape them to your luggage. They seem very strong and already printed with everything but your name. Glad you got to see your cabin already and how funny that was my girlfriends cabin last year on Valor and we were in 7315. Did you get a Suite Guarantee?? Or were you upgraded??

Did you get a Suite Guarantee?? Or were you upgraded??

Not sure really on the Guarantee, not upgraded tho. We booked through a TA for a cat 11.

But by 'teasing' the edocs page by selecting paper option brought me back to a brand new page I'd never seen before. There was also a PDF of the brochure available to view/print online. We're still way far out to really expect any concrete info. But if the cabin was horriable, obstructed view etc, this method could give a heads up to contact the TA to correct it.

Archived