Aft 2A Deluxe Ocean View cabins on Mercury

Drew B

Hallo Teabag.. unfortunately not an option for several reasons

1) Rollaways are no longer allowed on ships built after a certain date since they are a safety hazard

2) We did NOT get one of those bigger cabins at the back and those standard cabins are far tooo tiny even for me to try a stunt like that!

We had even thought of taking out me (the 3rd person) and getting an addional Inside but guess what - since I am not a US passenger it would mean paying the cancellation fee for me plus the higher rate for the second cabin... All these stones have made us decide to leave my friend at home but that does not mean I won't made X life just as difficult as they made ours. They make me play be the rules then so will they!! The reclassification was bul*** and someone was asleep BIG time.

This is the response to the e-mail I sent to the Captain's Club on 6/27:

"The new 2A room can accommodate five guests if need be. There is a double bed in the bedroom, a sofa bed (double) and an upper bunk bed in another room. The room is spacious enough for three guests if they choose to sleep in three separate beds."

They make it sound like the sofa converts into a double bed, but judging by Cruise Arizona's description, it only makes out into a single bed. Since she's actually "been there and done that", I'll go with her word over their's.

This is the response to the e-mail I sent to the Captain's Club on 6/27:

"The new 2A room can accommodate five guests if need be. There is a double bed in the bedroom, a sofa bed (double) and an upper bunk bed in another room. The room is spacious enough for three guests if they choose to sleep in three separate beds."

They make it sound like the sofa converts into a double bed, but judging by Cruise Arizona's description, it only makes out into a single bed. Since she's actually "been there and done that", I'll go with her word over their's.

We actually had "FO, 2A, SV", or whatever they're calling it now also. We were the first cruise to occupy those cabins, after the dry-dock.

There isn't a sofa that converts to a double bed. It's a single-day bed type of sofa, and there is an upper bunk above.

Celebrity really needs to update their written descriptions of these cabins. It's just not fair to those of you that have upcoming cruises in these cabins, not to have the proper information.

Karyn

• 3 weeks later...
LHARTWICK,

By the way we are also in cabin 1163 so I can take pictures and send to you when we return on July 22nd.

My opinion that it does not work well for 3 adults is because we are over 50 and would not sleep on a top bunk. It is just one of those thing you refuse to do as you get older.

I really loved the cabin and the extra size and am looking forward to seeing it again in 2 weeks with the new balcony. I have also booked it again for a cruise in April 2008.

Lynn

Lynn: I am anxious to hear about your cruise and to see any pics you may have of #1163, once you've had a chance to rest of course. Thanks!

We just got back yesterday and we had a wonderful time. I really love the Mercury and I loved the aft cabin. I probably will not have pictures until next week, but I can tell you what the cabin looked like.

First of all it is very large and has a ton of closet and drawer space.

The double bed is against the wall and has a sliding door at the foot of the bed so the person that is against the wall does have to climb over the other person in bed. We have a queen size bed at home, but did not find this bed to cramped at all and I thought the mattress was very comfortable.

The room behind the sliding door has a sofa bed with a bed under it that pulls out to make a double size bed and then a pull down twin bunk above. The cushion that is on the bottom bed and pull out are hard so I would ask for a

egg crate or what ever it is called to put on top.

This cabin could sleep 5. Two in the double bed against the wall, 2 in the bottom pull out sofa bed and one on the top pull down bunk.

The TV is also in this part of the cabin and cannot be seen from the bed.

The balcony is large and had a lounge, table and 2 chairs on it with still room to move around. The only negative is that people up above on the back deck can look down on most of the balcony so do not go out in your undies.

I really liked the cabin and have it booked again for April.

If you have any other questions I will try to answer.

Lynn

Well I guess it make sense now. ... So under the day bed matress their is another pull out sofa bed? I never looked, so I guess that bed could either be a day bed or a double bed? Makes sense, but since I never looked I have to appologize for giving out the wrong information.

CruiseArizona,

Do not worry about it I would not of seen it either except I asked the room steward to show me how it worked. You are right about the cabin looking bigger now that they put in the balcony.

Lynn

Archived