Muster Drill Photo's

And somewhat closely related, years ago the life vest was often referred to as a "Mae West".

LOL!

I had forgotten that!

BTW: Taking pictures doesn't mean you don't take something seriously! Look at all the pictures they take at a wedding...

...or a crime scene!

:D

Dave

Frankly, I'm quite certain in an emergency every single thing taught to anyone

would be instantly forgotten in mad self-centred panic.

Does anyone honestly think that people would make their orderly way back to their cabins,

pick up their life jackets and then proceed to an INSIDE waiting place

and wait for a crew member to tell them what to do?

I too have thought about this business of having to go back to my inside cabin,

just to pick up a life-jacket

that probably should be pre-positioned on Deck 4 somewhere,somehow.

The very last thing I want to be doing is descending into the bowels of a large vessel

to retrieve the thing that's gonna keep me afloat, if it comes to that.

I have enough grey hair already!

If you notice the PFD (personal flotation device) that you get from room has your room number on it.

The ship has tons of PFD all over the ship, i bet if you checked in the boxs that are along the deck that the muster drill is held on you would find extra PFD.

I have gone back to the muster station later in the curise and there is a list of everyone that need to be there.

If the boat is going down im going straight to the muster station and take my chance on not haveing a life jacket, but i will be in the right area to save my life.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have any photos of muster but I do remember once... our Captain who was called Captain Fatchen - very nice man but in my mind, fuelled with pre cruise champagne, I thought of 'Captain Flatulance' and this started a small fit of the giggles - Unfortunately the giggles were made worse when he said - 'you may hear three short bursts and a loud blast' and when he got to the bit about a there being ' a thick fog' I was gone.

Hence evil stares from around the room. Don't know what caused the giggles probably too much champagne before. Very stupid at my age I know, but still makes me laugh to this day.:D

I do not have any photos of muster but I do remember once... our Captain who was called Captain Fatchen - very nice man but in my mind, fuelled with pre cruise champagne, I thought of 'Captain Flatulance' and this started a small fit of the giggles - Unfortunately the giggles were made worse when he said - 'you may hear three short bursts and a loud blast' and when he got to the bit about a there being ' a thick fog' I was gone.

Hence evil stares from around the room. Don't know what caused the giggles probably too much champagne before. Very stupid at my age I know, but still makes me laugh to this day.:D

laughpb2.gif

This is a great thread...very entertaining! Kindly Chap, you are neither. And speaking of morons, why the heck did you even bother LOOKING at this thread? Obviously, you have some hidden needs for amusement unmet. I hope you find the opportunity to find laughter in simple things before you die. And thanks for the heads up..I'll be sure NEVER to try Cunard...I wuld surely not fit in with you stuffy ones.

I hope you find the opportunity to find laughter in simple things before you die.

I think I have discovered the ability to laugh at simple things. I hope this news encourages you.

And thanks for the heads up..I'll be sure NEVER to try Cunard...I wuld surely not fit in with you stuffy ones.

I will pass the good news on to Cunard.

Matthew

Nice pics of QE2 in your signature block!

Yours?

If not, where/what url did you get them?

Of course, save the central one which was taken by a friend. The Avatar is mine as well, before you ask.

You have spelt Veuve Clicquot incorrectly in your review of the QM2.

One small typo is the extent of your argument? Desperate measures indeed.

Matthew

Of course, save the central one which was taken by a friend. The Avatar is mine as well, before you ask.

One small typo is the extent of your argument? Desperate measures indeed.

Matthew

A desperate measure on my part? No; I lost a 5,000 euro bet on my ability to spell it correctly. It's not my favorite.

This one was just taken on June 24, 2007 on the Freedom of the Seas. I was taking a picture of the boat that had sprung a leak in the harbor. It was not until I viewed the picture later that night that I realized I had the full attention of one of the passengers ...

IMG_1656.jpg

Sprung leak???? I really hope for your own sake that you're joking..

To KindlyChap: I was safety officer on cruise ships for three years and can tell you that without humour and laughter we wouldn't be able to make the guests pay attention at all.

Sprung leak???? I really hope for your own sake that you're joking..

To KindlyChap: I was safety officer on cruise ships for three years and can tell you that without humour and laughter we wouldn't be able to make the guests pay attention at all.

You can see the boat in the photo. Obviously I am joking.

Archived