Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

1 hour ago, HHFamily said:

Kali's first cruise is only 5 days away!  I am so excited (and nervous lol)!

Please accept my Bon~Voyage early.  You'll love it.

• Don't forget a few copies of Kali's paperwork.  A treats and favorite toy.
  • Give yourself lots of time to get to each venue, allowing for questions from your fellow passengers and even some patting time.
  • Look for seating in the dining room near walls/dividers or windows, and place Kali there so no one steps on her.
  • Go to the theatre early enough to get a handicap seat where there will be more room for Kali to lay down without being stepped on.
  • Most importantly relax, enjoy and have fun!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rangeley said:

Good luck! It will be great. We are excited and nervous too for Oaklands first cruise. 

Dear Oakland, 

You're going to love the big hotel on the ocean.  It's going to move, and that's weird, and lots and lots of people will stop and talk to you and want to take pictures of you.  Just chill, it's okay your Mom and Dad won't let anything bad happen to you.  You're treated like a doggie-star!

You'll have to go to the bathroom in a strange box, filled with God only knows!  Again, just chill, nothing bad is going to happen to you!  You will survive it all!

There will be lots of music, lots of clapping and big noises, and lots of umbrellas in glasses filled with colorful stuff and the people will laugh and drink and talk and yell and sleep a lot......you'll learn to "go with the flow!"

You get to sleep near big places filled with water and people.  You can't go in these things called pools but it's fun to watch half naked humans go in them!  Look out for the decks around these pools,  they're so hot!

I'm used to this thing called cruising cause it looks like Roz is NOT about to stop!  And, from what I've heard Cindy & John are pretty much into it too!  

Have fun Oakland and make sure your Mom comes back and tells us all about your very first cruise!

Love and Licks,

Horton

• Like 2

20 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

A lot of our sweet puppers are going on their first cruises!  That is so pawsome.  It will be great, wish I could be a fly on the wall on each cruise!  ❤️

Yes I didnt realize there were a bunch of us. So exciting!! 

6 hours ago, rangeley said:

Did anyone see CCI on the Today show? The trainer, now graduate coordinator Lauren, trained Wexler. 

https://www.today.com/video/9-11-firefighter-and-his-canine-companion-form-a-special-bond-58787397934

I, personally, can't thank CCI enough!  Thanks for sharing this with us!

On 5/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, wizard-of-roz said:

Dear Oakland, 

You're going to love the big hotel on the ocean.  It's going to move, and that's weird, and lots and lots of people will stop and talk to you and want to take pictures of you.  Just chill, it's okay your Mom and Dad won't let anything bad happen to you.  You're treated like a doggie-star!

You'll have to go to the bathroom in a strange box, filled with God only knows!  Again, just chill, nothing bad is going to happen to you!  You will survive it all!

There will be lots of music, lots of clapping and big noises, and lots of umbrellas in glasses filled with colorful stuff and the people will laugh and drink and talk and yell and sleep a lot......you'll learn to "go with the flow!"

You get to sleep near big places filled with water and people.  You can't go in these things called pools but it's fun to watch half naked humans go in them!  Look out for the decks around these pools,  they're so hot!

I'm used to this thing called cruising cause it looks like Roz is NOT about to stop!  And, from what I've heard Cindy & John are pretty much into it too!  

Have fun Oakland and make sure your Mom comes back and tells us all about your very first cruise!

Love and Licks,

Horton

Haha Roz! I know he will be good, he's very well behaved. Just worried about the box. If that goes good, the cruise will be great. 

Just got Kali's final vet check done.  Headed out to start the drive to the coast in less than 12 hours!  Bursting with excitement!!!!!  My hubby made her flamingo neck wear for formal night photos, to go with our flamingo themed outfits (flamingo scarf for me, and flamingo bow tie for hubby)!

Kali in flamingo collar.jpg

1 hour ago, HHFamily said:

Just got Kali's final vet check done.  Headed out to start the drive to the coast in less than 12 hours!  Bursting with excitement!!!!!  My hubby made her flamingo neck wear for formal night photos, to go with our flamingo themed outfits (flamingo scarf for me, and flamingo bow tie for hubby)!

Kali, you are absolutely gorgeous, down to the nail polish!  You are going to be a treat to all who meet you!

The anticipation is all part of the joy of cruising.  Bon~Voyage to all of you.  Have fun, give yourselves lots of time, be patient on those darn elevators that don't seem to be big enough, or come often enough!

Walk and sit with the safety of Kali being the first thing on your mind.  Please come back and tell us all about your experience.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 7:34 PM, HHFamily said:

Have a great cruise!! 

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

John and Oakland will be graduating at 1230 tomorrow. Heres the link

http://www.cci.org/locations/northeast/ner-graduation.html

IMG_20190507_170336.jpg

Dear John & Oakland,

Congratulations on your hard work and graduation.  May this be the beginning of a very long relationship filled with much success and lots of smiles and laughter!

With Much Love,

Roz & Horton  🎆