12 Plank Program...how Do I Stop?????

wizard-of-roz

Help!!!! I can't stop obsessing about cruising.....I eat...drink...sleep...read....blog...email....and dream about cruising and the high seas......what...where....when.....who......what???????????

I can't stop.....I can't focus....I'm day dreaming about it all the time......:o

What are some of the things you do to re-focus yourself?:eek:

The anticipation of the next cruise is taking over my every thought!

Am I alone....does this happen to you too? :confused:

You are not alone.....everyone on this board is going through the same thing......the only thing that stops it is being on a cruise.....I wish I could help, but keep booking and looking that is all you can do,,,,,,you, like all of us, have taken a bite of the "apple".

Help!!!! I can't stop obsessing about cruising.....I eat...drink...sleep...read....blog...email....and dream about cruising and the high seas......what...where....when.....who......what???????????

I can't stop.....I can't focus....I'm day dreaming about it all the time......:o

Why would we want to refocus???

My business is going down the tube - I have to focus! I spend more time thinking about cruising and looking through cruise critic than I do working I reckon. Help!!

But I think I have the answer. We need to gather together somewhere quiet, away from it all, where we can focus, hopefully by having someone look after our every need, so that we can talk out our issues and support each other. Probably the best place to do that would be.......

on a cruise ship!

I don't refocus. Cruising is an amazing experience and one that I cherish. I enjoy looking at these boards every day, thinking about my upcoming cruise, working on my lists, planning my future cruises. Think of the "anticipation of a cruise" as an addiction that you won't have to go to rehab for. ;)

Yes it does. the best thing I find is keep on booking cruises. :D

Why would you want to stop:confused:

Why would you want to focus?

Why would you want to stop daydreaming?

Don't you wanna have any fun, anymore?:D

After years of intensive therapy, I have discovered that I don't want to overcome this addiction. Why bother? It is legal, and obsessing keeps me out of trouble.

This is not the place for recommendations on a 12 step! :p

Just sit back, relax and obsess away.

Doing the research on ports and excursions is an education in itself - for history, geography, culture, biology, gastronomy, linguistics, architecture, lifestyle choices, economics, oceanography - I keep hoping that someone somewhere will eventually award me a PhD in cruisetravel!!!:D

Here is what I do.

Relax,...... take a deep breath,....... Get a hold on yourself.........

Now, Don't you feel better? :)

Ok..... enough........start looking for and dreaming about that next Cruise..

I think we all are addicted:D

Nope, you are not alone. Here I am on the computer reading about and responding to cruise related stuff instead of doing my housework and packing for Belize.

"I am not alone"....."I am not alone!"....(or, is that; "There's no place like home?" "There is no place like home?")

Thanks for helping me to get through this......one cruise at a time!

(Who the h*ll turned this into a smoking thread? sonomaphil; go sit in the corner!:rolleyes: )

"I am not alone"....."I am not alone!"....(or, is that; "There's no place like home?" "There is no place like home?")

Thanks for helping me to get through this......one cruise at a time!

(Who the h*ll turned this into a smoking thread? sonomaphil; go sit in the corner!:rolleyes: )

I'm just messing with you Roz! :p

Just don't EVER sit back and calculate how much you've spent on cruise travel over the years. In fact, my husband and I have taken to reminding each other, everytime one of us asks "Why don't we have that?" (i.e. something nice around the house or a fancy car), that we've been on 25 cruises (and lots of land trips) in the past 10 years. We pause for a second and say, "Oh yeah. It was worth it."

Archived