Is sharing a soda card stealing?

Podorama

If you think this is stealing, they what do you callMilking the Clock at work. I am sure many of you stay overtime when it is not necessary, or take unscheduled breraks and get paid for them. especially if you are one of these smokers who need a cig every 30 min in a no smoking area. That is stealing.

Or better yet, you go in the grocery, and grab a few grapes to taste them to see if you want to buy them. Is that not stealing?

I know this is off topic, but the topic is stealing on a soda card. But think about what you do in your daily life.

AFter the gas pump kicks off, do you not stand and hold the nozzle open a few seconds to get that last drop of gas? That is stealing.

Take a look into your own life before saying stealing is stealing.

SORRY IF I STEPPED ON ANYONE'S TOES, BUT YOU SAY MY DH AND I SHARING A SODA IS STEALING FROM THE CRUISE LINE, LOOK AT OTHER AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.

I AM SURE MANY OF YOU ARE SAYING TO YOURSELF, I NEVER LOOKED AT THAT THAT WAY.

You are absolutely correct, all of those things are stealing. And they are all WRONG.

I don't think I ever claimed to be perfect. But here's the difference: When I do something that is wrong, I don't try to convince myself that it's not.

urbabie2: My gosh!! ESPECIALLY in that case, I would do the honest thing! Little eyes are watching, and they understand alot more than we think about basic integrity, even if they don't understand the details. Modelling good character for our kids is one of our most important jobs. Do you really want to send the message that it's ok to break the rules, as long as you don't think you'll get caught? You're better than that! ;)

Think of it this way: Would you walk into Macy's and shoplift a $60 bracelet if you knew you'd get away with it? Of course not! It's exactly the same thing.

put it this way everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to it....

i personally wouldnt drink enough soda to even be worth getting the soda card.....

If you drink and accessive amount of soda you should get your own card... if you have like 1 or 2 through out your cruise... your just wasting money .... and just share the card with someone else- ... NOW im not saying to buy 1 card for your family of 4 .. i mean comon thats just being cheap.. but get for the ones that really drink it... if theres 2 people and your sitting together... share a drink =)

if you abuse it then your wrong and in my eyes considered cheap just for not buying your own card...

i am in no means cheap i make a good salary but im not going to pay for a soda card when i barely drink it... its stupid

If you think this is stealing, they what do you callMilking the Clock at work. I am sure many of you stay overtime when it is not necessary, or take unscheduled breraks and get paid for them. especially if you are one of these smokers who need a cig every 30 min in a no smoking area. That is stealing. STEALING

Or better yet, you go in the grocery, and grab a few grapes to taste them to see if you want to buy them. Is that not stealing? STEALING

I know this is off topic, but the topic is stealing on a soda card. But think about what you do in your daily life.

AFter the gas pump kicks off, do you not stand and hold the nozzle open a few seconds to get that last drop of gas? That is stealing. NOT STEALING...I PAID FOR THOSE DROPS

Take a look into your own life before saying stealing is stealing.

SORRY IF I STEPPED ON ANYONE'S TOES, BUT YOU SAY MY DH AND I SHARING A SODA IS STEALING FROM THE CRUISE LINE, LOOK AT OTHER AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.

I AM SURE MANY OF YOU ARE SAYING TO YOURSELF, I NEVER LOOKED AT THAT THAT WAY.

When you purchase a soda card, you have not purchased soda; you have purchased the right to order, be served, and consume soda throughout the ship. You have not purchased the right to further distrubute the soda to anyone of your choosing. If the soda you acquire via use of a soda card you purchased is consumed by anyone other than you, it is stealing...

When you purchase a soda card, you have not purchased soda; you have purchased the right to order, be served, and consume soda throughout the ship. You have not purchased the right to further distrubute the soda to anyone of your choosing. If the soda you acquire via use of a soda card you purchased is consumed by anyone other than you, it is stealing...

ok soda police:cool:

Argue, not me! I just am asking a few little ol questions. I don't have any certain point of view I want to hear! Heck, I might get the card and never use it just to help out Carnivals bottom line!

But what if, I do buy the card and never use it,(not even once, myself or anyone else) should they give me a refund for the cost of the card if I ask for such??

Why???They did not force you to buy the card...you chose to...

Since this thread was about Carnival please read the following:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

Then tell me where it says the soda purchaser must consume the sodas he buys.

Lord this is getting really old:rolleyes:

My husband purchased the soda card, because he likes Diet Coke in the morning instead of coffee.

Usually I would drink water with my meals, he would have his soda. One day, I wanted a soda and I gave him my card and asked him to purchase me a soda on it. He went up to the guy serving drinks at the buffet and got his soda with his card and then he gave the guy my card and ordered me a soda. The guy told him not to worry and just used my husband's soda card for my soda.

So I think they really don't care whether you share or not.

That bartender may not care, but I can assure you that the Food and Beverage Manager (and the accountants at Carnival head office) do care.

One simple question????? IF you want only ONE or TWO sodas during a week's cruise, why in heaven's name don't you just spend the $1.75 and BUY one FOR YOURSELF?????? As for the comments about photography, you're talking semantics here. When you're snapping a photo, you're not literally taking something that doesn't belong to anyone but you. It's not like you're doing what so many, many passengers do----actually taking the photo from the photo shop and not paying for it.

This is not about Carnival...this is about right & wrong...anyone using a card that is not their's, or consuming a drink obtained through use of someone else's card is stealing...the end...

That bartender may not care, but I can assure you that the Food and Beverage Manager (and the accountants at Carnival head office) do care.

And more importantly, your conscience cares. ;) (Or should)

This is not about Carnival...this is about right & wrong...anyone using a card that is not their's, or consuming a drink obtained through use of someone else's card is stealing...the end...

News flash! This started over at the Carnival boards. It was not about using someone else's card. But the ones that have a problem with reading comprehension turned it around:rolleyes: You might want to go back and read........

Your reliance on fine print only serves to highlight your questionable morals. Are you a defense attorney by any chance? This is not a question of legal semantics, its a question of policy. Decent human beings look beyond the minutiae of the wording of a policy and look at the bigger picture to understand the spirit of the policy. To dissect the wording of a "pay one price and consume all you are able to" policy and find a "loophole" is simply disingenuous.

EX:

when you bring your children to great adventure... and children under 3 and under get in free.... your child is now four but looks very young and they pass them for 3...

would you really say oh no!!!! hes 4 i must pay for him to get in???

im sorry but if this happens... i can save 60 bucks on getting a 4 year old into great adventure that he most likely will never remember is like a lucky day.....

then of course im very supersticious so i have to do a good deed along that day like donate money to BC =) Always do that

Spoken truly as someone who clearly has never had a child.

The day you try that trick will be the same day that your kid will vehemently state in a voice that is loud enough for every ticket salesperson in the amusement park to hear "I AM NOT THREE, MOMMY!!! I AM FOUR!!! DON'T TELL THAT MAN THAT I AM A THREE YEAR OLD!!!"

Your reliance on fine print only serves to highlight your questionable morals. Are you a defense attorney by any chance? This is not a question of legal semantics, its a question of policy. Decent human beings look beyond the minutiae of the wording of a policy and look at the bigger picture to understand the spirit of the policy. To dissect the wording of a "pay one price and consume all you are able to" policy and find a "loophole" is simply disingenuous.

Nope no attorney......

Am quite aware it is not a question of legal semantics. No loophole here.

Have no problem with said policy. Quite clear to me...

No matter if it is stealing or not (I personally feel it is), sharing your soda card with another person can hurt all who use soda cards. If enough people do it and the company is not making their profit on soda, then the cost of soda cards will go up and then affect those who use them in the proper method.

The day you try that trick will be the same day that your kid will vehemently state in a voice that is loud enough for every ticket salesperson in the amusement park to hear "I AM NOT THREE, MOMMY!!! I AM FOUR!!! DON'T TELL THAT MAN THAT I AM A THREE YEAR OLD!!!"

LOL!

When my DD was 13, we went to the movies. As we stepped to the ticket counter, the cashier asked, "One adult and one child?" (She could easily have passed for 11, and no one would have been the wiser.) Without hesitation, DD said, "Two adults." I was never more proud of her.

I wonder if she would have done the same thing if I had been sneaking her into amusement parks when she was 4.

Nope no attorney......

Am quite aware it is not a question of legal semantics. No loophole here.

Have no problem with said policy. Quite clear to me...

A local department store places an advertisement in the newspaper. It states that next week there is a sale on widescreen TVs. The newspaper makes a mistake and instead of $2699.99 they list the sale price as $26.99.

There are two types of people in this world. The first type realizes that somebody made an honest mistake and that there is no way that the department store could possibly sell those TVs for $26.99.

The second type marches down to that store and demands with great indignation and thunder that the department store sell them the TV for the promised price of $26.99. And by God they are not going to leave the store until they get that $26.99 plasma.

I bet I could guess which type you would be. And I bet you could guess which type I consider a decent person and which I type I consider is to be a morally bankrupt opportunist.

EX:

when you bring your children to great adventure... and children under 3 and under get in free.... your child is now four but looks very young and they pass them for 3...

would you really say oh no!!!! hes 4 i must pay for him to get in???

im sorry but if this happens... i can save 60 bucks on getting a 4 year old into great adventure that he most likely will never remember is like a lucky day.....

then of course im very supersticious so i have to do a good deed along that day like donate money to BC =) Always do that

You seem to find it hard to believe that there are people who are inherently honest. But they do exist and they are not necessarily holier than thou or judgmental. They just go through life in general doing the honest thing, even if it isn't the financially cheapest way to go through life. They're not perfect, just honest.

Spoken truly as someone who clearly has never had a child.

oh my goodness obviously if the man says hes under 3 right? or how old is he?.. im not going to sit there and lie and says hes a different age...

i have babysat kids all my life i know how they are.. lol

im not going to lie to the man .. but if he makes his own decision and let me kid in with out asking.. im keeping my mouth shot and calling it a lucky day-

Archived