Is sharing a soda card stealing?

Podorama

The word "them" that you quoted refers to buying unlimited sodas not consuming them.

But you know that... you read it:p

I guess that's just another way to justify your theory:D

"Them" in this case means "That person which"......

I am justifying nothing....you keep trying too....:rolleyes: I drink beer when cruising...never soda...:p ;)

"Them" in this case means "That person which"......

I am justifying nothing....you keep trying too....:rolleyes: I drink beer when cruising...never soda...:p ;)

Huh:confused:

Have another beer:p

I drink beer too. Guess I will have one now then maybe we will be on the same wave length LOL!

I drink beer too. Guess I will have one now then maybe we will be on the same wave length LOL!

My father used to say....

If you talk to a box of rocks.....you get nowhere......;)

Guess I am getting nowhere, just figured outI am talking to a box of rocks...

Get you spoon out of the soup....you're over stirring it....:eek:

Peace out.....

My father used to say....

If you talk to a box of rocks.....you get nowhere......;)

Guess I am getting nowhere, just figured outI am talking to a box of rocks...

Get you spoon out of the soup....you're over stirring it....:eek:

Peace out.....

Nice. Thanks for making my point:rolleyes:

What point.??????

:confused:

Post #306.............

I have nothing against you Jesse...just have a problem with people that have to retort to name calling to get their point across.

I'm talking to a box of rocks.....does that ring a bell:confused:

We all see that you do not see what you're doing is wrong. And Islandchicken, that IS NOT an opinion, it is a fact. A sad fact, but a fact.

And respect is earned and rationalizing theft is not going to earn any respect from me.

Dan

What is not an opinion don52, but a fact? Are you posting to me??? I am sure the Islandchicken was a mistake, right?:rolleyes: .

I said I wouldn't be back, but here I am. My personal opinion on "IS it Stealing" is quite different from the thoughts I actually posted yesterday. And no I didn't just change my mind, it has always been of this mindset. I wouldn't personally do it but I don't see where someone gets off claiming to be so honest and moral and then continue to bash someone for doing what THEY deem wrong. You won't change people's minds like that if that is in fact what you are trying to do by giving your opinion.

I don't believe in stealing of any sort but some people just go off on tangents - like they are going to change somebody's mind by belittling them. If you want to act perfect, then by golly, act perfect. (:D TXMommy)

Is this the post you are referring to dan40? Because you lost me.

And you are saying what with this statement your post #308 and my post was "309" not 306......You were saying what here.???????

I guess you think I only talk on the boards when I'm drunk ???

You threw the first rock.....:p ;)

Thanks for pointing out where this started...with your comment...

And you are saying what with this statement your post #308 and my post was "309" not 306......You were saying what here.???????

I was referring to your post#307 dear. I don't have a clue what that means. Joking that you were a beer drinker and I was too...I thought that was funny...did you not see the "LOL"

Not to butt in here but I think she was telling you to have another beer and relax, not that you are drunk and talking to the boards. That was funny. I think if you review our posts you will see that all we are saying is that if you have a soda, don't feel like finishing it or spouse wants a sip that it is not that big of deal. Some on here act is if they do no wrong and my answer to that is, I think "the lady (or other posters in this case) doth protest too much, methinks."

Several Cruise lines have alreadty had the challenge of trusting their passengers to "do the right thing" with the soda cards.

I didn't work.

So they fixed the problem.

Now their soda cards are for a limited number of sodas.

So you can feel free to share these new cards with as many people as you want - until the card runs out at least.

No more problems, no more questions.

Not to butt in here but I think she was telling you to have another beer and relax, not that you are drunk and talking to the boards. That was funny. I think if you review our posts you will see that all we are saying is that if you have a soda, don't feel like finishing it or spouse wants a sip that it is not that big of deal. Some on here act is if they do no wrong and my answer to that is, I think "the lady (or other posters in this case) doth protest too much, methinks."

Hey don't worry about it. If you look at all his posts.....well just look that would explain it:rolleyes:

I find it AMAZING that the people who are so quick to take such a moral high ground are also (for the most part) the same ones who are insulting and degrading to others. .... Talk about hypocrisy!

So, which is worse, sharing a soda card or berating, insulting, belittling, degrading and ridicule of people with whom you don’t agree??

Tell me oh thou of such high moral standards, ................ how is it YOU can be on such a self-righteous holier then thou high horse and say to people the disparaging things YOU say?(Yes that is a plural YOU) All it takes is a quick read of this thread to see EXACTLY whom I am speaking of. (Actually most any thread, it seems to be a repeating cast of bad actors) I am not speaking of a debate or even a hotly contested point of view. I speak of the bullying and derision that is perpetrated by some onto others!

It gets worse, I have gone back and reviewed past posts going back quite a long time on several threads from some of the people in question and the whole tone of how they speak to others is negative and demeaning! Rarely if ever are these people helpful or offer good advice. (Or any advice for that manner!)

So if how you treat others on this board is an example of how YOU treat others in life, THAT speaks far more about what kind of person YOU are then what sharing a Soda Card speaks of the person who does such!

From this point on, when I read a post that is insulting or degrading to others, I shall bring it to the attention of the folks that run this board. If YOU want to argue or disagree, fine, I am game and I can assure you, I can meet you head on. BUT, if YOU want to insult, degrade and bully, I will bring (YOU) to the attention of CC and do my best to get CC to enforce the TOS.

Have a Great Evening!

By the way, since I was asked, I have no opinion if sharing a Soda Card is stealing.

However, I was curious as to what other people thought of such and thought such a thread would be interesting. I also have every right to ask such a question on this board per the TOS. I do not have to justify or defend why I asked it either. I also do not feel a need to be a Soda Card Cop for Carnival. (Or a cheerleader)

I will say however, it is not the responsibility of the CUSTOMER to read between the lines as to what is allowed or not allowed nor should the CUSTOMER be required to presume intent. Do not even try to use the “taking advantage of the situation argument.” Carnival sets the rules! Playing within the rules as stated to maximize ones value is legit. (Unless you think card counting at 21 is cheating or playing the stock market is theft) If Carnival wishes to prevent the sharing of Soda Cards, or prevent the CUSTOMER who PURCHASED the Soda Card, getting a soda they are entitled to and giving it to another, they need to change how such is handled. Or, at the very lest, spell such out in the "rules".

Personally, I think it should be a set number of "sodas" per card and do away with the “have to go to the bar, and only certain bars” to get a tiny half a can or less of soda. The typical Circle K or 7-11 seem to make a large profit with “sodas” and let's the customer fill up their Soda at a self-serve fountain! Why not have a fixed amount on a card and dispense them from a Soda machine that can read the strip on the card??

Again, although I am not a soda drinker (I will have one from time to time) it is not the cost, but the HASSLE of using the card I find a rip-off. The way Carnival handles the whole Soda Card situation is far removed from what is normally very good customer service. Carnival needs to rethink how they handle this.

Archived