Is sharing a soda card stealing?

Podorama

so if stealing is stealing.... can you not think of even one situation where stealing is justified?

I wonder which is worse.. "Stealing" a soda that is in fact paid for OR, belittling, insulting, ridicule and degrading people you do not even know because you THINK you know what they may think on a topic and disagree.... Hmmmmmm

I find it AMAZING that the people who are so quick to take such a moral high ground are also (for the most part) the same ones who have been insulting and degrading.... talk about hypocrisy!

You have constantly throughout this thread inferred that you do not think it is stealing to share the soda card and that stealing a little [whatever that may be] is alright with you. And that stealing is sometimes justified. You just have not outright confessed to being a thief.

So this was all to just stir things up?

So now, without qualifiers, do YOU THINK SHARING A SODA CARD IS STEALING OR NOT.

Yes or No?

Dan

Adults' Fountain Soda Package: s.gif

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®).

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

As simple as it gets!

You know when lurkers from other boards come over here all they have been seeing lately Is a bunch of posts whining

"why can't I wear shorts for dinner..."

"why can't I buy 1 soda card for my family to share..."

"why can't I smuggle my beloved Captain Morgan on board..."

"why can't my kids run up and down the halls banging on doors..."

"why can't I drag a hard sided rolling cooler on behind me..."

and on and on and on ad nauseum.

Then when someone comes on says they have heard bad things about Carnival everyone gets upset. If I never cruised Carnival and all I knew about the average Carnival passenger is what I read on this board I would a$$ume we were all a bunch of clods with a few trying desperately to teach manners and morals that should have been learned at mamas knee.

You have constantly throughout this thread inferred that you do not think it is stealing to share the soda card and that stealing a little [whatever that may be] is alright with you. And that stealing is sometimes justified. You just have not outright confessed to being a thief.

So this was all to just stir things up?

So now, without qualifiers, do YOU THINK SHARING A SODA CARD IS STEALING OR NOT.

Yes or No?

Dan

Very good.....I'll bet you a "Soda card" you don't get a straight answer.....

Adults' Fountain Soda Package: s.gif

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®).

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

As simple as it gets!

Yeah if you are sailing RCCL:rolleyes:

Can you feel the love..........

YES, absolutely. Stealing is stealing. Sorry is, as sorry does. This question shouldn't have even been asked. It's an obvious no brainer. It's like someone thinking, well, I want to steal, but I would feel a whole lot better if I knew a lot of other people were stealing the same thing.

When anything is sold as "all you can eat" or "all you can drink" it's up to the consumer to make use of it. As at least one poster said, it's like paying for one plate at a buffet restaurant and two or more eating off of it. Tell the cop that isn't stealing, as you drive off down the road in the back seat of a Crown Victoria sedan, with a cage in it.

The easiest way for Carnival to take control of this, if it's out of control, is to sell a card with little squares on it. The bartender punches a hole each time a drink is dispensed. Doesn't matter who uses it, when the holes are all punched, it's the end of the card.

To me, this is like thinking, well, the guy who owns the store is rich, so he won't miss a couple of candy bars. Heck, they are only candy bars. So somebody steals them. Multiply that by every thief who has that attitude, and first thing you know there is a store keeper noticing losses on the bottom line.

Every person buying those soda cards knows they are for ONE person. When it gets passed around, the users know they are doing wrong.

Ken

Ok, so on our last cruise, I bough a soda card and I bought one for DD (age 10) DH was allowed to sip on my left-over soda only.:D I would send my DD to get me a diet coke all the time, was that stealing too? I mean I paid for a card for her and for me, but when she went she was using her card w/ her name on it? Just curious. I do not think it is stealing to send her down there, lazy yes. Oh, and I like Kurban have no problem "sharing" a soda w/ our DH.

Is there any chance that the peeps that condone this are the ones that end up with the extra Camcorder or Camera in their bag without any guilt? Quite Possibly. Fits the profile.

T

Oh for the love of God, get real. Sharing a soda and stealing a camera do not fit any type of similar profile.

Oh for the love of God, get real. Sharing a soda and stealing a camera do not fit any type of similar profile.

Donchaknow that sharing a soda will turn you into a hard criminal:rolleyes:

Same mentality as if ya smoke a little pot you will turn into a heroin

addict:rolleyes:

Say I buy a soda card, order a coke and only drink half of it. Then, my wife picks up the glass and finishes it off. Has she just stolen a half full drink or a half empty one?

LOL

OK, thats it! Since such a over the top example again is used... I will take the challange! I have a cruise (Yes Carnival) in about a month, I will for the first time ever, buy a soda card ( I don't even drink the stuff, well not very often anyway) and I intend to try to buy EVERYONE on the ship a soda.

I am not kidding.. I will do everything I can to see how many sodas I can buy and then give away!! If anyone asks me for a soda I will go get it for them.... I will try to be proactive and just give the darn things away! Lets just find out if it is even possible with ONE soda card to buy EVERYONE on the ship at lest one soda!! IT must be since the "example" keeps being used as proof why sharing a soda card is stealing!

Stay tuned I'll let you know how it goes!! Thanks for the great IDEA!

Pod-O-Rama

:D

Do you mean stiffing the waiter as in not giving him a tip? If so the tip is paid up front when you purchase the card. No need to tip above that.

So no she did not stiff anyone;)

The tip is included with the card but Carnival knows that most people (I guess except those of us stealing soda/camera/camcorder types) will still tip again because that poor person is having to bring us a drink and it isn't their fault that we bought a card instead of a single drink.

Do you ever wonder what some of the "hollier than thou I never break a rule" people do when no one is watching. Here's a thought - most pedophiles are squeaky clean and probably wouldn't steal a soda either:rolleyes: .

LOL

The tip is included with the card but Carnival knows that most people (I guess except those of us stealing soda/camera/camcorder types) will still tip again because that poor person is having to bring us a drink and it isn't their fault that we bought a card instead of a single drink.

Do you ever wonder what some of the "hollier than thou I never break a rule" people do when no one is watching. Here's a thought - most pedophiles are squeaky clean and probably wouldn't steal a soda either:rolleyes: .

Great post.

LOL

Oh, you are so right. People who believe that buying a soda card for one person and sharing it with another is wrong are probably pedophiles. Good for you!!! How logical.:cool:

LOL

Scary isn't it:eek: Actually you are right. Pedophiles do every thing by the book cause they can't take the chance at getting caught. Otherwise they could be made:cool: :eek:

Believe me I don't think anyone on this board is hollier than thou.....A little disturbed maybe...LOL!

Donchaknow that sharing a soda will turn you into a hard criminal:rolleyes:

Same mentality as if ya smoke a little pot you will turn into a heroin

addict:rolleyes:

I really don't get it. I mean if I have a soda card and I want to get one and then proceed to dump it out, order a new one, dump it out, that is my business. It is my soda card, my soda, and I can decide what I do w/ it after it is in my hands. I couldn't imagine drinking a soda, DH asking for a sip or if God forbid if he could finish the rest, and me telling him, heavens no that would be stealing as you have no soda card of your own. You run along honey and buy a soda.:rolleyes: He would crack up and proceed to take a sip.:D

Huh:confused:

What do you mean by 'HUH??"

Here isthe quote:

LOL

Do you ever wonder what some of the "hollier than thou I never break a rule" people do when no one is watching. Here's a thought - most pedophiles are squeaky clean and probably wouldn't steal a soda either."

This person is making an analogy that just doesn't fly: pedophiles, squeaky clean who wouldn't steal a soda" blah blah.

Why are you acting as if you don't get the implication of the post?:cool:

Oh, you are so right. People who believe that buying a soda card for one person and sharing it with another is wrong are probably pedophiles. Good for you!!! How logical.:cool:

Their comment was probably due to the fact that several on here have stated or implied that those that feel that sharing their soda card could also be camera theives, drunk drivers etc. Glass houses.:rolleyes:

Here isthe quote:

LOL

Do you ever wonder what some of the "hollier than thou I never break a rule" people do when no one is watching. Here's a thought - most pedophiles are squeaky clean and probably wouldn't steal a soda either."

This person is making an analogy that just doesn't fly: pedophiles, squeaky clean who wouldn't steal a soda" blah blah.

Why are you acting as if you don't get the implication of the post?:cool:

Ok went back and read her post. Nope nowhere did I read that a person who buys a soda card for one person and does not believe in sharing is a pedophile.......

I read I wonder what people holier then thou never break a rule person does when no one is looking...

But what she did say about a pedohile seems pretty accurate:D More and more we hear on the news about such people that live a law abiding life. Who would hav thought?

Stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter who you're stealing from. It doesn't matter what the item is worth. It doesn't matter why you think you're entitled to the item. If you didn't pay for it, you stole it.

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking." H. Jackson Brown. Jr. Are you willing to sell your character for the price of a soda card?

(Kurban, we meet again! :p )

Stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter who you're stealing from. It doesn't matter what the item is worth. It doesn't matter why you think you're entitled to the item. If you didn't pay for it, you stole it.

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking." H. Jackson Brown. Jr.

Is your character worth the price of a soda card?

(Kurban, we meet again! :p )

Hey KC! You are right!! Stealing is stealing. I would never steal:D

Here isthe quote:

Ok went back and read her post. Nope nowhere did I read that a person who buys a soda card for one person and does not believe in sharing is a pedophile.......

I read I wonder what people holier then thou never break a rule person does when no one is looking...

But what she did say about a pedohile seems pretty accurate:D More and more we hear on the news about such people that live a law abiding life. Who would hav thought?

Thanks for clarifying that for him/her - I wasn't trying to imply anything:D .

And just for the record, I have only bought one soda card and DID NOT share with anyone. It just gets old hearing how perfect everyone is when you know they're not!!

Thanks for clarifying that for him/her - I wasn't trying to imply anything:D .

And just for the record, I have only bought one soda card and DID NOT share with anyone. It just gets old hearing how perfect everyone is when you know they're not!!

Truthfully me either:D :D I don't even drink coke. Just diet Dr. Pepper:p

Archived